"The Christians met on the way many people who were going to their towns, women and men, with a firebrand in the hand, and certain weeds whose smoke they inhale which are dry weeds stuffed into a certain dry leaf in the form of a muset made of paper, like the ones the children make on the day of the Holy Ghost; and burning a part of it, from the other part they suck or absorb or admit the smoke with breathing." -Christopher Columbus, from his Navigation diary

Main Menu

Cigar Geeks News

March Points Contest is Under Way! By: SenorPablo
The points contest is under way for the month of March.  The 26 members with the most points for the month have a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to Famous Smoke Shop.  You can read the details HERE.  To view the previous month's contest results see here.
Toys for Tots Drive 2023 By: SenorPablo
The 2023 Marine Toys for Tots drive is under way again this year.  This is the way to earn the Toys for Tots badge for being a contributor.  If you give a kit for auction, win an auction, or donate at least $20 you will be awarded the badge. A special thanks goes out to Emerson (McBryde) for stepping up to run the drive again this year.  

Recent Forum Posts  [All Forums]  [Unread Posts]

Today’s Smoke March 2024 Last: benchjockey (155 Replies)
Today at 11:14 AM
Ordinary Average Guy PIF Resurrection 2022 Last: Fatroach72 (112 Replies)
03/27/2024 11:12 PM
Good Ole Normal Pass Last: ninfiction (39 Replies)
03/27/2024 08:15 PM
Mini PIF Chapter 4 Last: appollo (78 Replies)
03/27/2024 05:05 PM
CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball 2024 - 11th Annual - OPEN SLOT ANYONE WANT TO JOIN? Last: Cfickter (29 Replies)
03/27/2024 01:34 PM
*****2023 Toys for Tots Auction***** Last: Brlesq (103 Replies)
03/26/2024 03:12 PM
May 2024 Member Sponsored Geek Critique Last: 05Venturer (18 Replies)
03/26/2024 05:45 AM
April 2024 Member Sponsored Geek Critique Last: Brlesq (35 Replies)
03/25/2024 10:45 AM
April 2024 Industry Sponsored Geek Critique Last: headfirst (30 Replies)
03/24/2024 06:17 PM
March Madness Contest 2024 Last: headfirst (16 Replies)
03/23/2024 09:00 AM
I’m enjoying a….., given to me by….., Part 6 - 2/2023 Last: headfirst (18 Replies)
03/17/2024 06:27 PM
Wishlist PIF Chapter 6 Last: shakinghorizons (161 Replies)
03/16/2024 09:21 PM
2024 Birthday Bomb Pass Last: headfirst (27 Replies)
03/12/2024 04:29 PM
2023-2024 Super Bowl Squares - Chiefs Win. Check your PMs. Last: nirab (145 Replies)
03/06/2024 06:23 PM
Some cigars! Monte Canario Last: Brlesq (3 Replies)
03/05/2024 03:48 PM

Member Geek Critiques  [All Geek Critiques]

Stolen Throne Yorktown Fleet Torpedo February 2024 66
CG Rating

Written by Cigar Geeks Member: (Adwinistrator)
I can see this being a great addition to the Stolen Throne profile, something smooth and sweet, with a medium profile and little spice. I think the open draw on my example held back this profile from... Read More
Stolen Throne Yorktown Fleet Torpedo February 2024 97
CG Rating

Written by Cigar Geeks Member: Kent (05Venturer)
First off, a big thank you to Kerry for sponsoring with this fine selection. I thoroughly enjoyed it as I have with all Stolen Thrones I have smoked. I am definitely gonna search out a few of these fo... Read More
Stolen Throne Yorktown Fleet Torpedo February 2024 92
CG Rating

Written by Cigar Geeks Member: cfickter (Cfickter)
While not an overly complex cigar the mini swings in notes were smooth and in smaller enjoyable stages. Found myself perhaps hotboxing this cigar I enjoyed it so much. This is a cigar you enjoy so m... Read More
Stolen Throne Yorktown Fleet Torpedo February 2024 91
CG Rating

Written by Cigar Geeks Member: (arrow34)
Stolen throne makes great sticks and this is no exception. I liked this stick and would add it as an occasional smoke in my rotation. I like some of their other sticks a bit more though, like the Cr... Read More
Stolen Throne Yorktown Fleet Torpedo February 2024 90
CG Rating

Written by Cigar Geeks Member: Gary (headfirst) (headfirst)
This is a velvety smooth smoke that builds in strength and flavor as it progresses, featuring a palate core of leather, grains, and some sweetness with a sweet/syrupy retrohale that is balanced by som... Read More

Vendor Geek Critiques  [All Geek Critiques]

NobleCigars Act 1 July 2023 95
CG Rating

Written by Cigar Geeks Member: Brian (bstessl)
Thanks to Noblecigars for sponsoring this and giving us a shot at it. Overall I enjoyed the cigar. The construction was about as perfect as you can get with a clean smooth draw and seamless wrapper/... Read More
NobleCigars Act 1 July 2023 84
CG Rating

Written by Cigar Geeks Member: (05Venturer)
Overall a decent cigar other than a couple construction issues that I assume happened in shipping or handling. Thanks for allowing me to try out this new brand and blend. Looking forward to trying ou... Read More
NobleCigars Act 1 July 2023 92
CG Rating

Written by Cigar Geeks Member: Brian (ninfiction)
Thank you to Jon for providing the cigar for the critique and also including Act 2. Both cigars are very enjoyable and provide completely different profiles. I think the only points deducted were ... Read More
NobleCigars Act 1 July 2023 83
CG Rating

Written by Cigar Geeks Member: (Cfickter)
I personally like a cigar that starts strong. While the cigar didn't show a lot of complexity the overall experience moving thru the flavors that did show was enjoyable. Hard to be highly critic... Read More
NobleCigars Act 1 July 2023 86
CG Rating

Written by Cigar Geeks Member: (The Burn Ward)
Smoked down to the nub. I found the smoke to be closer to the mild side in strength and lighter flavor notes. Final smoking time was 70 minutes. If you're going to have one size, the toro is a gre... Read More

Member Reviews  [All Cigar Reviews]

Cigar Rating
Caldwell Cigar Co. Crafted & Curated Girls Guns Gold 4 Star Rating
By: tuck0411 (03/27/2024 04:06 PM)
Humidor time: 165 days
Humidimeter reading: Head - 61, foot - 61
Appearance and construction: A few veins, a light sheen, and a moderately soft pack with no soft spots... Gave it a single shallow V-cut and PLD was moderately tight. (8/10)

Flavor: PLA gave a whiff of tobacco. The light gave a medium-bodied profile with a spicy retro and notes of wood and spice and hints of butter and citrus. The spice in the nose faded after a few puffs with the other flavors staying consistent throughout. No transitions to note but this was quite flavorful if not exactly amazing or anything I hadn't gotten before from other similar blends. Strength was medium at best. (30/35)

Smoking characteristics: The light produced a moderately easy draw, good smoke volume, and an even burn to start. The burn stayed even through the first third with the ash falling at 1" leaving a small cone. Things were then uneventful down to the nub with draw and smoke output remaining optimal throughout. (20/20)

Overall impression: This one came from Small Batch as one of their COTM selections awhile back. A very nice morning smoke with excellent construction and nice flavors, although as mentioned it didn't quite blow my socks off.  Definitely worth smoking again, though. (31/35)

Burn time: 1:05
Rating: 89
Perdomo 30th Anniversary Box-Pressed Maduro Robusto 4.5 Star Rating
By: druid (03/27/2024 10:56 AM)
Fairly firm softly BPd core, near black wrapper, no veins & lots of oils.  PLA baking notes; PLT faint earth & baking; PLD moderately easy.  An easy toast & light, a moderately easy draw, a dead even burn, & a slightly bready smoke.  Sweet earth, mild wood notes with almost zero spice lead off.  The strength is medium.  The 1/3 brings some mixed wood notes & everything is pretty gentle.  Some mild baking spices join along w/a hint of coffee.  In the 2/3 a ghostly sweet note shows in the finish.  By the 1/2 the coffee has kicked in, tinged with chocolate.  The profile ends  nicely blended & the finish has everything.  Body is medium.  Outstanding.
Viaje 15th Anniversary Gold Pt. II Perfecto 3.5 Star Rating
By: tuck0411 (03/26/2024 11:36 PM)
Humidor time: 164 days
Humidimeter reading: Head - 66, foot - 41
Appearance and construction: A few veins, a light sheen, and a firm pack with one soft spot between the band and the foot... Gave it a single clip with the guillotine and PLD was moderately open. (7/10)

Flavor: PLA gave a faint whiff of tobacco. The light gave a medium+ profile with a very spicy retro and notes of wood, red pepper, spice, and a hint of citrus. The spice in the nose faded after a few puffs with the other flavors gradually mellowing through the first third after which the red pepper note continued to fade with the citrus hint gradually ramping until it became a full note and replaced the red pepper part way through the 2nd third. This all then stayed consistent through the remainder. Pretty tasty, overall, although if the red pepper had hung around without the citrus ramping as much as it did, it would have been closer to my wheelhouse. Strength was about medium or a bit better. (30/35)

Smoking characteristics: The light produced a moderately easy draw, smoke volume on the low side of optimal, and an even burn to start. The burn was wavy but self-correcting through the first third with the ash falling at 1 1/2" leaving a cone. The burn continued very wavily through the 2nd third, then got lopsided going into the last third and a touch-up was needed before reaching the nub. Draw and smoke output remained at the low side of optimal throughout. (14/20)

Overall impression: This one came from Small Batch as one of their COTM selections awhile back. Not the most impressive offering and especially not as a "15th Anniversary" stick. If the flavors had stayed with what I was getting in the first third and if construction had been better this would have been an easy 90+, but as it was it was all a bit underwhelming and not really a stick I'd reach for again. (27/35)

Burn time: 1:32
Rating: 78
La Galera Habano Cortador 4.5 Star Rating
By: druid (03/26/2024 08:46 AM)
Hard core, mahogany wrapper, a couple small veins & great oils.  PLA baking & cooking spices; PLT faint earth; PLD airy.  A quick toast & light, an even burn, an airy draw, & a sweet wood smoke.  Opening notes are a nice wood mix, a bit of mild earth & a tad of black pepper in mouth & nose.  The 1/3 brings some nuts & salt to the game.  The strength is medium.  As the 1st 1/3 changes to the 2nd a mix of baking & cooking spices comes on.  The back 1/2 of the cigar is a wonderful mix of spices, woods & earth, very lightly peppered.  The finish is a tasty slide on the tongue.  The body is medium plus.  Delightful!
A.J. Fernandez Bellas Artes Maduro Lancero 4.5 Star Rating
By: tuck0411 (03/25/2024 05:21 PM)
Humidor time: 191 days
Humidimeter reading: Head - 70, foot - 65
Appearance and construction: A couple minor veins, a light sheen, box-pressed, and a moderately firm pack with no soft spots... Gave it a single shallow V-cut and PLD was moderately tight. (8/10)

Flavor: PLA gave a whiff of rich, earthy tobacco. The light gave a full-bodied profile with a spicy retro and notes of black pepper, black coffee, leather, charred wood, spice, and a hint of something like sweet, tangy citrus. The spice in the nose faded after a few puffs with the other flavors mellowing a bit through the first third with the body receding towards medium/full. This slightly mellower profile then stayed consistent through the 2nd third after which the sweet, tangy hint faded leaving the other flavors to maintain through the remainder. Very tasty, overall, with plenty of spice and that tangy hint to keep things interesting throughout. Strength was about medium. (33/35)

Smoking characteristics: The light produced an easy draw, good smoke volume, and an even burn to start. The burn stayed even through the first third with the ash falling past 1" leaving a small cone. Things were then uneventful down to the nub with draw and smoke output remaining optimal throughout. (20/20)

Overall impression: This one came from Privada CC as one of their "Brian's Box" selections awhile back. This was the 2nd vitola I've had from this blend, the toro being the first, and my review of that one shows a similar experience both with flavor and construction. Just a really good maduro blend and probably ranking as one of my favorites. Definitely will be smoking more of these in whatever vitolas I can get my hands on. (33/35)

Burn time: 0:54
Rating: 94
Gran Habano/ Rico Family 20th Aniversario El Sueno 5 Star Rating
By: druid (03/25/2024 10:31 AM)
A solid cigar with a chocolate wrapper, no veins & a nice oil sheen.  PLA heavily floral; PLT light wood & florals; PLD airy.  An easy toast & light, an airy draw, an even burn needing no work, & a sandy wood smoke.  Starters are earth, wood & a bit of black pepper in mouth & retro.  The profile changes entirely a few puffs in, going fruity & faintly floral.  The strength is medium.  A lot different fruits & berries seem to inhabit the profile, including raisins.  A little later there are earthy spices like cumin.  The back 1/2 has a bit of toast & the earthy spices pick up a bit.  The finish is delicious & the body medium.  Unusual as well as wonderfully tasty.
Privada Cigar Club Farm Rolled Tabac Fernandez BP Toro Maduro 4 Star Rating
By: tuck0411 (03/24/2024 05:48 PM)
Humidor time: 190 days
Humidimeter reading: Head - 67, foot - 64
Appearance and construction: A few veins, a light sheen, a light box-press, and a moderately firm pack with no soft spots... Gave it a single shallow V-cut and PLD was moderately open. (8/10)

Flavor: PLA gave a whiff of rich tobacco. The light gave a full-bodied profile with a spicy retro and notes of black pepper, black coffee, leather, and spice. The spice in the nose faded after a few puffs with the other flavors staying consistent throughout. No transitions to note but this was quite flavorful and not far from my wheelhouse for this type of rich maduro blend. Strength was about medium or a bit better. (32/35)

Smoking characteristics: The light produced a moderately easy draw, smoke volume on the thin side, and an even burn to start. I quickly gave it a 2nd shallow V-cut on top of the initial cut and this had no immediate effect but smoke output did start to gradually improve after a short time and then reached optimal later in the first third. The burn was slightly wavy but self-correcting through the first third with the ash falling at 1 1/4" leaving no cone behind. The burn continued wavily into the 2nd third and then got lopsided, which got it a touch-up. Things then continued uneventfully down to the nub with draw and smoke output remaining optimal from the first third on. (17/20)

Overall impression: This one came from Privada CC as part of their monthly "Farm Rolled" pack awhile back. Pretty nice smoke, at least flavor-wise, with loads of maduro-ish atmosphere, and imperfect but adequate construction.  No idea what this one is with a band on as it was more full-bodied than most of AJ's maduro sticks that I've smoked. Definitely would smoke it again, though. (30/35)

Burn time: 1:17
Rating: 87
Punch Spring Roll 3.5 Star Rating
By: druid (03/24/2024 10:39 AM)
Pretty firm, medium brown wrapper, no veins, shag foot & good oils.  PLA faint earth & manure; PLT moist earth; PLD moderate.  A quick toast & light, a moderate draw, an even burn, & a slightly woody smoke.  Barn wood, a bit of earth & a little black pepper in mouth & nose characterize the filler & binder portion.  Flavor strength is medium.  The wood kicks in heavy as the wrapper ignites & rules the front 1/2.  An iodine note is detected around then which persists until the last 1/3 when it fades & a bit of toast enters.  The ending is wood, earth, toast & a mild dash of pepper with a smoother finish.  The body is medium.  A fairly decent smoke.
D'Crossier Seleccion Escogida Lumina Hermoso No. 2 4 Star Rating
By: tuck0411 (03/23/2024 05:40 PM)
Humidor time: 189 days
Humidimeter reading: Head - 66, foot - 57
Appearance and construction: A few veins, a light sheen, a small hole through the wrapper above the band, and a moderately firm pack with no soft spots... Gave it a single shallow V-cut and PLD was moderately open. (7/10)

Flavor: PLA gave a whiff of tobacco. The light gave a medium+ profile with a slightly spicy retro and notes of rich wood, spice, and a hint of citrus. The spice in the nose faded quickly with the other flavors staying consistent throughout. No transitions to note but this was pretty tasty with just enough spice in the mix and that citrus hint to keep things interesting throughout. Strength was about medium. (31/35)

Smoking characteristics: The light produced an easy draw, smoke volume on the low side of optimal, and an even burn to start. As I was initially puffing, I was hearing a faint air leak in the draw at which point I noticed the aforementioned hole just above the band.  The kind of little round hole that looks like what I've seen described as a beetle hole.  Easy enough to put a finger over while drawing, so that's what I did and this resulted in smoke output becoming optimal. The burn stayed even through the first third with the ash falling at 1 1/4" leaving a small cone. Things were then uneventful down to the nub with draw and smoke output remaining optimal throughout (as long as I kept a finger over the hole...). (19/20)

Overall impression: This one came from Privada CC as one of their "Brian's Box" selections awhile back. A pretty nice smoke and one made in Costa Rica at that famous factory down there... Flavors were pretty typical of a habano blend but tasty nonetheless. Very good construction, holes aside, and I'd easily smoke it again. (31/35)

Burn time: 1:14
Rating: 88
Torano Carlos Torano Casa Torano Churchill 3.5 Star Rating
By: ElCid1986 (03/23/2024 02:10 PM)
Connecticut shade Churchill produced mild flavor profile. Good draw and excellent construction throughout with a good burn line. Smooth smoke with a consistent flavor produced an enjoyable experience. I w8ll smoke again.

Open Cigar Passes

[All Cigar Passes]
Good Ole Normal Pass
(In Progess)

Recent Photos

Member Picture
tuck0411
Caldwell Crafted & Curated Girls Guns Gold 7.25" x 38
tuck0411
Viaje 15th Anniversary Gold Pt. II Perfecto 6" x 54
tuck0411
AJ Fernandez Bellas Artes Maduro Lancero 7" x 40
tuck0411
Privada Cigar Club Farm Rolled Tabac Fernandez BP Toro Maduro 6" x 52
tuck0411
D'Crossier Seleccion Escogida Lumina Hermoso No. 2 6" x 48

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.