Questions on humidification? Ask the experts.

Started by CharlieBoveda, 08/31/2011 01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CharlieBoveda

Having recently met some distinguished Cigar Geeks members at the Seattle Cigar Expo, we're excited to be a part of Cigar Geeks.  Quick background: Humidipak is the world's first 2-way moisture management for packages and containers.  We engineer Humidipak in a variety of precise RH% for specific applications ranging from cigars, musical instruments, medical instruments, food and electronics.  Cigars are our passion.  It was the first industry where we solved a perpetual problem and we're blessed to have a pro-cigar work environment.

Please let us know if you have any questions relating to moisture control.  As a start, you might check out a short series of videos that describe what makes Humidipak the only precision moisture management device available.  www.youtube.com/humidipak  We're also at www.facebook.com/humidipak and www.twitter.com/humidipak

Thank you for your hospitality, please let us know if there is any way we can be of service.

Regards,
Charlie Rutherford
Business Development Director, Humidipak
Charlie Rutherford
Business Development Director
Boveda, Inc.

metalhead y cigarguy

Welcome to Cigar Geeks. We're glad to have you.

I've used your calibration kits before and they work really well. Much easier than the "salt test".
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Ken Kelley

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nwb

Chief of Shaft

akira

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

87North

Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Jackal

Welcome to the geeks.  Glad to have you here.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

hardeveningsuburb

"After people get to know me, they all say I drink a lot of beer. I don't deny it either. Why should I? I'm not ashamed of beer." - Richard Brautigan

horrido

"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

RoscozRevenge

"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
-Malcolm Reynolds

Hot Stuff x

Hello Charles and welcom to the site.   Just a quick question for you....are Humidipak and Boveda packs made by the same company?  I have seen Humidipaks for sale on the internet as "Boveda Humidipak", although the item in the photo didn't say Boveda on it.  They do appear very similar.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

gitfiddl

Glad to have you join us.  I hope you'll be more than a casual participant here.  I'll check your other products out.  As a working musician, I'm always looking for better ways to take care of gear.  
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Robert LG

Rob

sullivan8078

-David
"Ceiling fan stirs the air, cigar smoke did swirl."- J.B.

CharlieBoveda

QuoteHot Stuff x - 8/31/2011  4:18 PM

Hello Charles and welcom to the site.   Just a quick question for you....are Humidipak and Boveda packs made by the same company?  I have seen Humidipaks for sale on the internet as "Boveda Humidipak", although the item in the photo didn't say Boveda on it.  They do appear very similar.

Great question and the answer is yes.  Boveda is the designation we give to the larger Humidipaks that are designed for humidors.  This was originally a way for us to differentiate us from all the "humi"-worded products that only add moisture until they dry out vs. our 2-way moisture management.
Charlie Rutherford
Boveda, Inc.

Shukpaw

I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

CharlieBoveda

Thank you for your business.  We've just made the salt test easier by enclosing the fluid in a semi-permeable membrane.  To achieve different RH% levels, we just use different salts.  Here's how it works - http://youtu.be/SexynxuWiYU
Charlie Rutherford
Boveda, Inc.

CharlieBoveda

Quotegitfiddl - 8/31/2011  4:33 PM

Glad to have you join us.  I hope you'll be more than a casual participant here.  I'll check your other products out.  As a working musician, I'm always looking for better ways to take care of gear.  

Thanks gitfiddl, we appreciate the welcome.  Our musical instrument Humidipak (50% RH) have been really popular.  We were thrilled to see Bob Taylor of Taylor Guitars do this unsolicited video about us a couple years ago - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9bCS3xzDsI  It's such a big deal to Mr. Taylor that Humidipak will soon be included with each new Taylor guitar case.
Charlie Rutherford
Boveda, Inc.

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.