Fireworks and a new Pepin for me

Started by SenorPablo, 06/23/2007 10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

I had another nice quiet evening on the deck.  Oddly quiet for the frogs.  They were at about a 1 star tonight.  For some reason there was fireworks in town.  I couldn't really see them except for some glowing over the tree line, but could here them loud and clear.  Apparently so could the frogs.  They were oddly quiet.

I decided to pull out another of the Pepin from the sampler pack I won on cbid.  They had been sitting in the humidor long enough to get back to where they should be (they were pretty dry.)  This one was the Series JJ Belicoso.  I had the Garcia Black Belicoso last time and it was definitely a stronger cigar.  This one had a very good flavor and was more mild.  

The problem, oddly enough, was with the construction.  The draw was fine but the burn was not.  It ran like an ex-football player in a white ford Bronco.  I wrestled with keeping it even the entire smoke.  It wound up uneven by about an inch and a half.  The wrapper was also bad.  It started peeling and coming unrolled and got really bad towards the end.  It looked like crap at the end with flaps of wrapper hanging off.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Anthony

:mad:   I have one (just one) of that same smoke resting comfortably in the humidor... I hope it's not the same experience as yours when I get around to lighting it.
_____

SenorPablo

You know I had one awhile back and it was good.  No problems with the construction so not sure why this one was so bad.  Hopefully your experience will be better than mine.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

theoldcc

Man that sucks about that Pepin.  The Series JJ is my favorite in the milder bodies.  The Garcias are better for a more full flavor.  I havn't had any problems with contruction. Maybe it was just a fluke.  :confused:

*P
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.