Who owns this site?

Started by grabow66, 10/27/2011 03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grabow66

I have just been curious :confused:  is it one guy sitting at home with some of you guys serving as staff members for fun? Or do you guys have a office with a small staff of administrators? Or is this site owned by a major cigar retailer? I was just.curious. This is the best cigar board I have ever come across.
If at first you dont succeed you are running about average.

horrido

Me didn't you know that I own it....its run from Cuba.  :lmao:  :lmao:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

sullivan8078

I thought Bob ran it from Bugtussle  :biggrin:
-David
"Ceiling fan stirs the air, cigar smoke did swirl."- J.B.

metalhead y cigarguy

I believe SeniorPablo operates and maintains the site with a few others assisting in administrator duties.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Jackal

Cigar Geeks is run from a large office building in an undisclosed location.  At any given time, we have 4,000 to 6,000 staff members, editing reviews, doing IT troubleshooting, and working on CG marketing.

Actually, it is just Paul, running this site as a hobby form home, with the help of Larry, Pete, Les and myself doing what we can to keep things running smoothly.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

horrido

QuoteJackal - 10/27/2011  4:28 PM

Cigar Geeks is run from a large office building in an undisclosed location.  At any given time, we have 4,000 to 6,000 staff members, editing reviews, doing IT troubleshooting, and working on CG marketing.

Actually, it is just Paul, running this site as a hobby form home, with the help of Larry, Pete, Les and myself doing what we can to keep things running smoothly.

Damnit, I knew it Wikileaks.....is Cigar geeks.
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

CrazyK

Just want to tell you guys congratulations on a well executed forum. This is seriously the most fun on any forum site that I have ever had. You guys rock! Keep it up!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

lubrix

QuoteJackal - 10/27/2011  3:28 PM

Bummer,I was hoping you were going to say were are putting a C.G. satellite in orbit soon or something to that effect!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

junglepete

s.Pablo from home (his site he's the boss)...Les, Jackal, Larry and I as the current active volunteer admins.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

cocon

I thought it was a secret shadow-style government site in order to track us down and take away our smokes......
WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

Ken Kelley

It's the Illuminati what's behind it. Once you hit 100 posts your mind is gone. You will have an overwhelming desire to buy more cigars. A tin foil beanie will help deflect the rays...but it's not foolproof. Don't you feel like buying some cigars now...hmmm?  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

CrazyK

QuoteAlphairon - 10/27/2011  6:11 PM

It's the Illuminati what's behind it. Once you hit 100 posts your mind is gone. You will have an overwhelming desire to buy more cigars. A tin foil beanie will help deflect the rays...but it's not foolproof. Don't you feel like buying some cigars now...hmmm?  :biggrin:

I would say more like 30 posts and you will succumb to the inevitable desire to improve your selection... I figure when I hit 100 posts, I am going to need to buy another humidor! :-)
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Jackal

QuoteAlphairon - 10/27/2011  3:11 PM

The Illuminati?

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Shukpaw

QuoteJackal - 10/27/2011  1:28 PM

With a company that size we must do something about all the greed.

It's time for the Occupy Cigar Geeks smoke in.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

herfdude

QuoteShukpaw - 10/27/2011  3:43 PM

Now that's funny.... :lmao:
"I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time."  Mark Twain

cocon

QuoteShukpaw - 10/27/2011  6:43 PM

:word:
WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

nwb

Chief of Shaft

SenorPablo

:lmao: You guys are too funny!  Yes, the site is mine and I certainly couldn't keep it going without the help from Pete, Jason, Les, and Larry.  It is mostly operated from my leather recliner in my living room.  It started out as a hobby and a lash out with some of my frustrations in dealing with some other sites whose egos left little room or tolerance for fresh blood.  I think we've (collectively the entire CG community) done a good job keeping it fun, open, and checking the poor attitudes at the door.  I have all you folks to thank for making this the place I had dreamed it would be when I put in the effort to build it.

Cheers!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Bob Cordell

The Gambino Family, took it from the Genovese Family...

:shades:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Herfin' Chef

Quotecocon - 10/27/2011  7:30 PM

QuoteShukpaw - 10/27/2011  6:43 PM

I here by decree, as unofficial Man Of War, that we, as a collective, erect a fence around the building. This will aid in the prevention of "occupiers" , "corporate scam artists", and your "run of the mill flunkies" from penetrating the compound.

I nominate Horrido as Minister of da fence.

Can I get a second?
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

grabow66

Ok thanks now I got it. S. Pablo runs it from his house and he gets funding from the Gambino crime family and has a staff of freemasons that is headed up by secret Illuminati member Bob Cordell :biggrin:
If at first you dont succeed you are running about average.

SenorPablo

Quotegrabow66 - 10/27/2011  9:48 PM

Ok thanks now I got it. S. Pablo runs it from his house and he gets funding from the Gambino crime family and has a staff of freemasons that is headed up by secret Illuminati member Bob Cordell :biggrin:

Bingo!  :biggrin:
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Bob Cordell

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/27/2011  10:55 PM

Quotegrabow66 - 10/27/2011  9:48 PM

Bingo!  :biggrin:

Thanks bytches, just blew my cover like Johhny Depp in that mob movie!

:mad:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/27/2011  5:50 PM
:lmao: You guys are too funny!  Yes, the site is mine and I certainly couldn't keep it going without the help from Pete, Jason, Les, and Larry.  It is mostly operated from my leather recliner in my living room.  It started out as a hobby and a lash out with some of my frustrations in dealing with some other sites whose egos left little room or tolerance for fresh blood.  I think we've (collectively the entire CG community) done a good job keeping it fun, open, and checking the poor attitudes at the door.  I have all you folks to thank for making this the place I had dreamed it would be when I put in the effort to build it.
Cheers!
-Paul

We're glad you did. Thanks for all you do to keep this thing going and to the admins for volunteering their time as well.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Brlesq

OK, so now that Grabow knows the truth, do we have to "snuff him out" like the others?   :confused:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.