A.F. Hemingway Classics $5 a stick

Started by junglepete, 05/15/2008 01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

I just thought I would pass this along to anyone who might be interested in purchasing a box of these at a pretty good price. I already got one but I thought some of you might like one or would like to split one with each other.

Here's how it works: TNTcigars offers a box of Classics for $173.95, delivery included, and states in their "Better Prices" policy that any online company that can beat their price, taking into account any delivery charges and any freebies differences, that TNT will deduct double the difference in price as long as they and their competitor have the item in stock. You can read the details of their policy on their website: tntcigars.com

Here is the deal: BMTcigars.com is selling them at 149.95, delivery included. That is a $24 difference multiplied by 2 equals a $48 dicount off of the TNT price of $173.95 which leaves you with a box of Classics for $125.95 delivery included. That comes out to $5.04 per stick.

You just call them up, ask for their "Better Prices" deal, give them the info on the competitor BMTcigars.com, wait for them to research the info, one or two days at most, and there you have it, they will get back to you to confirm the price. As long as you are assertive and hold them to their exact offer you will get the deal. I've done it three times already. Since both establishments offer free delivery on the item and there are no freebies involved this is a pretty straight forward deal.

Happy smoking  :cheers:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

wunderdawg

Hmmmmmm, very interesting.  I would be willing to split a box with someone.  That is an awesome price.
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=wunderdawg

I'm a man...But I can change....If I have to...I guess.............Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving might not be for you!!

junglepete

It works like a charm. When I find a cigar I like I research the heck out of it on google...you gotta go at least 10-15 pages deep to find a lower price than TNT, but they're out there from time to time. TNT does not expect the average cigar smoker to really utilize their offer and research quite so thoroughly. But who wants to be average anyway?
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

nukbucko

I would jump on that but money is tight right now
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

wunderdawg

anyone?  anyone?  Beuller?  Beuller?
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=wunderdawg

Astronaut318i

I would split one with you Wunderdawg, but I'm already splitting one with Peter. Sorry.

Bob Cordell

Man, if I dont kick the C-Bid addiction I'll never afford that house. I wont be able to pay for a "van down by the river"

SNL fans will get that one...

I'd love a split but cant swing it!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

junglepete

Just to let you know Drew that the box is set to be delivered tomorrow.  I'll email you once I'm back in NYC
 :dancing:
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

Actually Drew, I don't mind if you want to go ahead with a split with Kevin. You'll probably get your cigars a lot faster that way and I really am okay with having a box to myself.
Guru of Frugality

Astronaut318i

nukbucko

I'm counting my pennies... how long will they be at this price???
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

Astronaut318i

As long as we have that cheaper price on file, I think.

mhuss

QuoteBob Cordell - 5/15/2008  10:51 PM

Man, if I dont kick the C-Bid addiction I'll never afford that house. I wont be able to pay for a "van down by the river"

SNL fans will get that one...

I'm with ya, Mr. Foley!  To begin an off-topic chat, I used to love to watch that show.  Not so much any more.  But those were the days!  That's when SNL was worth staying up for and watching religiously!

Astronaut318i

I have a feeling Mr. Foley would frown upon our habits...as they could start a chain reaction resulting in living in a van down by the river.

junglepete

Yes, that price stands as long as the lower price is available. However, once when I got a great deal doing this TNT told me that after I would order they would lower their price and sure enough three hours later their price was lowered. I suppose that if a couple of people held them to their "Better Prices" policy then they might lower their price and kill the deal. Also their deal will only be good as long as they, and the competitor BMT has the product in stock.
Guru of Frugality

wunderdawg

mhuss

QuoteAstronaut318i - 5/16/2008  1:27 AM
I have a feeling Mr. Foley would frown upon our habits...as they could start a chain reaction resulting in living in a van down by the river.

......and gettin a big cup of JACK SQUAT!

Astronaut318i

wunderdawg

Astronaut318i

Its a box of 25, yes?

I think 12 would fit nicely into my humidor, and you can take the baker's dozen.

wunderdawg

Ok, the process is started.  As Peter stated, they have to verify the vendor.  Said it would take a couple of days to do this.  So now we wait.  I'll keep you informed.

wunderdawg

Oh, and yes it is a box of 25.

junglepete

Hey Kevin, don't be shy to call them if you don't hear back in the time they tell you. It's the boss who does the research and he already knows what's up with this one sandcalling back right away is no problem because Sondra is quite nice to deal with on the phone. I just noticed that they sometimes him and haw about it when they get caught on a much lower price. but as long as your firm, then they will play ball. Good luck!!
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

I'm curious guys, did this deal work out for you? I don't want to keep posting other deals if it does not go well enough. I don't want to point anyone down a bad road. I put another deal up today.
Guru of Frugality

wunderdawg

No it didn't. They just matched the 149.95 price and thats all they would do.  However I did find this, and I have ordered from these guys before. Fantastic customer service.  
http://store.jacigarsonline.com/servlet/Detail?no=1015

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.