Top Hat Cigars

Started by pferg, 11/20/2011 10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pferg

Has anyone ever dealt with them before? There based outta the US but still sell some cuban cigars, so Im questioning the legitimacy of the cigars. Any thoughts?

CrazyK

I am quite certain that no US retailer would advertise selling anything Cuban... Unless they are pre-embargo (aka expensive!!) then they must be of dubious origin...
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

CrazyK

I also do not find their prices all that great. Try Cigarplace.biz, I have heard good things about them.
CrazyK
Simia demulcta mitis

Brlesq

No retailer in the US would sell Cubans or even fake Cubans (unless its a spoof like JR Genuine Cuban Counterfeits) because its illegal.

I didn't see any Cubans on Top Hat either, but I did see some very misleading advertising that would lead many folks to believe that they were getting Cubans. For example, they show a Cuban Cohiba band for the link to Cohibas.

http://www.tophatcigar.com/a.cfm//Cigars-Hand-Rolled/Cigars-single-cigars/Cigars-Single-CigarsCohiba-Cigar-Single-Sticks/

But when you click through, you see that they are selling Dominicans.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

QuoteBrlesq - 11/21/2011  7:05 AM

No retailer in the US would sell Cubans or even fake Cubans (unless its a spoof like JR Genuine Cuban Counterfeits) because its illegal.

I didn't see any Cubans on Top Hat either, but I did see some very misleading advertising that would lead many folks to believe that they were getting Cubans. For example, they show a Cuban Cohiba band for the link to Cohibas.

http://www.tophatcigar.com/a.cfm//Cigars-Hand-Rolled/Cigars-single-cigars/Cigars-Single-CigarsCohiba-Cigar-Single-Sticks/

That's definitely sketchy.... :shades:
Chief of Shaft

CrazyK

QuoteBrlesq - 11/21/2011  7:05 AM

Wow good eye, I didn't even notice that! Totally sketchy...
CrazyK
Simia demulcta mitis

pferg

Ok thats what i thought. I figured id ask some people with more experience than me. Thanks guys.

Jackal

There are plenty of legitimate online dealers with good reputations.

I would steer away from those who are 'sketchy'

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.