A.F. Don Carlos #2 6x55 $6.18 a stick by the Box

Started by junglepete, 05/20/2008 06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

I just thought I would pass this along to anyone who might be interested in purchasing a box of these at a pretty good price. They are a pricey brand but I thought this was a good deal that some of you might be interested in for yourself or for a split.

Here's how it works: TNTcigars offers a box of A.F. Don Carlos #2 for $257.99, delivery included, and states in their "Better Prices" policy that any online company that can beat their price, taking into account any delivery charges and any freebies differences, that TNT will deduct double the difference in price as long as they and their competitor have them item in stock. You can read the details of their policy on their website: tntcigars.com

Here is the deal: billboardtobacco.com is selling them at $196.25, plus $10.00 delivery equals $206.25. That is a $51.74 difference multiplied by 2 equals a $103.48 discount off of the TNT price of $257.99 which leaves you with a box of 25 Don Carlos # 2 for $154.51 delivery included. That comes out to $6.18 per stick.

You just call TNT up (877-33-SMOKE), ask for their "Better Prices" deal, give them the info on the competitor billboardtobacco.com (877-837-7988), wait for TNT to research the info, one or two days at most, and there you have it, they will get back to you to confirm the price. As long as you are assertive and hold them to their exact offer you will get the deal. I've done it three times already. I've already checked with billboard and they have 5 boxes in stock right now so this should work from the TNT end.

The average price for these sticks is about $257.00 a box. A couple of obscure companies came in at about $220.00 to $325.00. I think single sticks on this brand could be as much as $10.00 a pop plus shipping.

Anyway...if this works for you, happy smoking  :shades:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

stogie_foggie

Man, that is some research.  Wasn't it you that suggested that was the AF Hemingways?  I'm not a big fan of the Don Carlos, but that is an excellent price.
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

SenorPablo

Awesome deal.  Very tempting.  I think the Don Carlos is one of my favorite (non-rare) AF smoke.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

junglepete

Yes that was me. I have nothing against TNT, but if you read their "Better Prices" policy...it is practically a challenge to beat it. They state that "other online companies that say they have the best price make them want to PUKE" Now is not that a challenge to prove them wrong? :barf:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.