Coleman 150qt Cooler Drawers & Shelves

Started by Wineadors, 12/12/2011 11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wineadors

This is a 4 drawer module I designed for the Coleman 150qt marine cooler available from Walmart for $80. A very popular cooler, so I did a little research and came up with this setup:

4 drawer spanish cedar module $100ea
Shelves $20ea
Photobucket

Available at my website here: http://wineadors.com/coleman-150qt.html

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

sullivan8078

I like your work. Do you keep any stock or do you build to order? What is your typical turnaround time?
-David
"Ceiling fan stirs the air, cigar smoke did swirl."- J.B.

Wineadors

Quotesullivan8078 - 12/12/2011  10:42 PM

I like your work. Do you keep any stock or do you build to order? What is your typical turnaround time?
Thanks. I build everything to order and generally run about 3 weeks...ish. lol Not all builds take that long but its a good buffer depending on my workload and I have been swamped lately.

RoscozRevenge

That is a slick setup! My friends and I went in on a few of those exact coolers for hunting... All they ever get used for is beer... a sh!t load of beer...
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
-Malcolm Reynolds

gitfiddl

Very slick looking.  You might very well be hearing from me after the first of the year!
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

nwb

Chief of Shaft

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Romeo

I think there's to much smoke In this cigar shop I once heard someone say before I threw them out !

87North

That makes for the nicest coolidor I've ever seen...
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

junglepete

very nice...does that cooler normally function in the prone position (i mean before you converted it) ?
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Wineadors

Quotejunglepete - 12/13/2011  6:50 AM

very nice...does that cooler normally function in the prone position (i mean before you converted it) ?

Thanks,
Yes this is the marine cooler walmart sells for $80 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Marine-150-Quart-Cooler/9222616

gitfiddl

Two questions:  What, if anything, did you use for feet to keep the cooler stable in the upright position, and what type of latching mechanism is there to keep the door shut (since gravity handles that when the cooler's in its normal postion)?

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Wineadors

Cooler stands on end fairly stable. You can always shim if needed for wherever you end up putting it and the lid of this cooler latches shut nice and firm so it won't swing open on you in the vertical position.

Shukpaw

I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Wineadors

Finding new ways to make full use of the Coleman 150qt Marine cooler. These are deep Spanish Cedar drawers that slide into the existing grooves of the cooler. Depending on how you configure the trays, capacity is approx 220-260 Corona size cigars.

The drawer has 2 lift out trays, and I've built it so you can use the drawer with either no trays, 1 tray or 2 trays depending on if you need an extra deep space in the drawer for boxes or just a BUNCH of singles. :D

Price per drawer with trays included is $55 and they're available on my site here: http://wineadors.com/coleman-150qt.html

Thanks for looking!

Vanilla Gorilla

Very nice looking stuff you've got going on here. Great work!
Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

MT21

Very ingenious.  You won't have any problem getting orders.   :thumbsup:
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

ntanner

sure is a lot nicer looking then my coolador.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

McBryde

I've been wondering where you can get spanish cedar at. Are you getting it locally, or on the internet?

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Wineadors

QuoteMcBryde - 12/27/2011  10:33 AM

I've been wondering where you can get spanish cedar at. Are you getting it locally, or on the internet?

E

I order it in from a local supplier. It comes to me in rough stock form, then it's a matter of running it through the jointer, planer, tablesaw and bandsaw to get it to the dimensions I work with.

I know you can get finished pieces from Rockler and woodcraft via the internet.

ewu

Ever consider a drawer and tray stack for smaller coolers?  I've got a 50 QT Coleman Marine on order and I'm guessing something like a single deep drawer with trays might work perfectly. 
"Everything works, some things work better than others, and nothing works forever."

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.