J.C. Newman Connoisseur Cigar Club

Started by ljlemer, 06/04/2008 01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljlemer

https://www.jcnewmancigarclub.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=37

I just joined this club. The freebies are worth more than the $18 membership. check it out. They might ask who recommended you.
My email address is ljlemer at yahoo. I have no idea if they reward referrals, but they did ask me when I checked out. You can register
for free membership also, minus the free cigars, coupons, newsletter, shirt and hot virgins.

OK, I lied about the hot virgins.

Upon joining The Connoisseur Club you'll have access to:

* Exclusive Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Club Sampler (A $26.95 value yours FREE with membership)
    * Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Golf Shirt
    * Coupons for Free Cigars and Logo Merchandise
    * A Year's Subscription to the J.C. Newman Wrapper Newsletter
    * Monthly E-mail with Promotion and Product Updates
    * And Much Mor
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

mhuss

I checked out the site, but couldn't find a list of sticks included in the sampler.  Do you have any idea what they include in it?

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 6/4/2008  9:33 AM

I checked out the site, but couldn't find a list of sticks included in the sampler.  Do you have any idea what they include in it?

A bunch of Cuesta-Rey cigars. I've only smoked one and didn't like it. You'll love them! The shirt is nice too.

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 6/4/2008  9:52 AM
A bunch of Cuesta-Rey cigars. I've only smoked one and didn't like it. You'll love them! The shirt is nice too.

I saw a Diamond Crown logo on their site.  Not that they'd give out one of those as part of the sampler, but do they make that line?  I thought that was a Fuente stick.  I'm probably wrong, though.  But anyway, the shirt would probably be really nice.  Something I could wear to work, for sure.  And at the rate folks charge for nice polo shirts, the price of the membership would more than cover the cost of the shirt alone.

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 6/4/2008  10:02 AM

Quoteljlemer - 6/4/2008  9:52 AM

I saw a Diamond Crown logo on their site.  Not that they'd give out one of those as part of the sampler, but do they make that line?  I thought that was a Fuente stick.  I'm probably wrong, though.  But anyway, the shirt would probably be really nice.  Something I could wear to work, for sure.  And at the rate folks charge for nice polo shirts, the price of the membership would more than cover the cost of the shirt alone.

Look up The Cigar Family. It's a union of the fuentes and newman families. They are in complete cooperation. Fuentes markets them or something or other.
http://www.cigarfamily.com/    also  http://www.diamondcrown.com/

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 6/4/2008  10:14 AM
Look up The Cigar Family. It's a union of the fuentes and newman families. They are in complete cooperation. Fuentes markets them or something or other.

You learn something new every day.  That explains that!  Thanks for the insight!

wunderdawg

Quoteljlemer - 6/4/2008  1:19 AM

https://www.jcnewmancigarclub.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=37

I just joined this club. The freebies are worth more than the $18 membership. check it out. They might ask who recommended you.
My email address is ljlemer at yahoo. I have no idea if they reward referrals, but they did ask me when I checked out. You can register
for free membership also, minus the free cigars, coupons, newsletter, shirt and hot virgins.

OK, I lied about the hot virgins.

Upon joining The Connoisseur Club you'll have access to:

* Exclusive Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Club Sampler (A $26.95 value yours FREE with membership)
    * Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Golf Shirt
    * Coupons for Free Cigars and Logo Merchandise
    * A Year's Subscription to the J.C. Newman Wrapper Newsletter
    * Monthly E-mail with Promotion and Product Updates
    * And Much Mor

DONE AND DONE!!!!!  Let me know if you get anything for the referral......I might want a referrall too......
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=wunderdawg

I'm a man...But I can change....If I have to...I guess.............Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving might not be for you!!

qman22

I was a member of that club up until about a year ago.  It is a pretty good deal considering the price.  I just haven't got around to signing back up again
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

mhuss

Quoteqman22 - 6/4/2008  11:29 AM
I was a member of that club up until about a year ago.  

So what else do you get besides the free sampler, a shirt and a couple of coupons?

stogie_foggie

Quotemhuss - 6/4/2008  10:36 AM

So what else do you get besides the free sampler, a shirt and a couple of coupons?

What else do you want?  :-0

I'm hoping some some Diamond Crown freebies!
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

Astronaut318i

Woo! Diamond Crown freebies!

Maybe you also get a quaint birthday card from the Newmans. A quaint birthday card with a giant premium cigar...

qman22

Quotemhuss - 6/4/2008  12:36 PM

that's it. there are either four or five centro fino sungrowns in the sampler and they are giving out a golf shirt now apparently.  I don't remember actually getting coupons though.  They do send out a newsletter every quarter as well
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

mhuss

Quotestogie_foggie - 6/4/2008  2:27 PM
What else do you want?

Well.....they do list "And more" in their offer.  I was just wondering what that meant.

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 6/4/2008  11:46 PM

Quotestogie_foggie - 6/4/2008  2:27 PM
What else do you want?

Well.....they do list "And more" in their offer.  I was just wondering what that meant.

I'll let you know.

Thomas Mann

stogie_foggie

I received my Connoisseur club goodie box today.  I received the 4 pack sampler, which had a Cuesta Rey Sungrown Centro Fino Churchhill No 1, Pyramid, No 9, No 60 and the Captiva, a lonsdale in a tubo.  Also, received a pretty nice polo golf shirt and their short (but informative), newsletter.  One thing I did learn is that they are opening 2 Diamond Crown lounges in my neck of the woods - I know someone here raved about how nice they were.  

All told, $18 well spent.  One thing, I would let the Captiva breathe a little, it seemed a little on the wet side.

This is for mhuss: Mike, they said there would be a coupon for a free Newman cigar, I assume the Unidos but I'm hoping for the Diamond Crown!  They really are hyping the brand.

wunderdawg

Got mine today............cool shirt
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=wunderdawg

I'm a man...But I can change....If I have to...I guess.............Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving might not be for you!!

mhuss

Quotestogie_foggie - 6/12/2008  9:51 PM
Mike, they said there would be a coupon for a free Newman cigar, I assume the Unidos but I'm hoping for the Diamond Crown!  They really are hyping the brand.

I wouldn't hold your breath on a coupon for a Diamond Crown.  But hey, you never know.  The package sounds like a nice deal.  And for $18, I don't think I can really argue with that.  I'm gonna take a long look at this and consider signing up.

Do you get a regular newsletter then?  Maybe some other stuff along with it?  I assume it isn't just a one-time shipment of stuff.

stogie_foggie

Quotemhuss - 6/13/2008  4:21 PM

I wouldn't hold your breath on a coupon for a Diamond Crown.  But hey, you never know.  The package sounds like a nice deal.  And for $18, I don't think I can really argue with that.  I'm gonna take a long look at this and consider signing up.

Do you get a regular newsletter then?  Maybe some other stuff along with it?  I assume it isn't just a one-time shipment of stuff.

Well, I think that is most of the stuff.  There is a quarterly newsletter, a membership card (big deal) and the promise of a coupon for a free cigar and other notifications.  Still, where can you get a 4 pack of good cigars and a nice shirt for $18?

mhuss

Quotestogie_foggie - 6/13/2008  6:25 PM
Still, where can you get a 4 pack of good cigars and a nice shirt for $18?

That's what I'm talking about!  Therein lies the value of the membership!  That's why I'm really considering getting on board with this.

ljlemer

Quotestogie_foggie - 6/13/2008  6:25 PM

where can you get a 4 pack of good cigars and a nice shirt for $18?

Has anyone else tried the cigars? I didn't like them, based on smoking one. They have a weird toasted, bar-b-que flavor.

Thomas Mann

nukbucko

I have not yet tried the cigars or yet joined the club is there some way they can send me the cigar before i buy them and 26 buck value means nothing if thay taste bad.
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.