Surprise Trade...

Started by TheDog1967, 01/13/2012 07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDog1967

I am a member on several cigar sites, I have done a few passes, and honestly I find that I don't have the patience for passes. It is kinda like wait, wait, wait, then....HURRY HURRY....lol

I like trades, but I prefer not knowing what I am going to be getting. I like to trust that the folks that sign up for trades, know a bit about what they are doing and are going to treat their trade partner right.

So that being said, anyone up for a trade? I am interested in a minimum of a five stick trade, no crappy sticks, but no need to drop a cuban either. If you are interested drop me a note and we can set something up.
Thus Saith.....The Dog

whodeeni

QuoteTheDog1967 - 1/13/2012  8:08 AMI am a member on several cigar sites, I have done a few passes, and honestly I find that I don't have the patience for passes. It is kinda like wait, wait, wait, then....HURRY HURRY....lolI like trades, but I prefer not knowing what I am going to be getting. I like to trust that the folks that sign up for trades, know a bit about what they are doing and are going to treat their trade partner right. So that being said, anyone up for a trade? I am interested in a minimum of a five stick trade, no crappy sticks, but no need to drop a cuban either. If you are interested drop me a note and we can set something up.

u send me 5 sticks, and i'll send you 5 back! ;-)
If smoking cigars is on the Darkside, I don't ever
want to see the light!!!

Ken Kelley

Something like that could work I suppose. However, you might want to hang around for awhile, establish yourself, maybe participate in a pass or two, and in general get to know us and we get to know you...before expecting anyone to just send you 5 nice sticks. Ain't none of us just fell off the turnip truck you know. We are a generally trusting bunch but let's not get silly with it.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Brentcally

QuoteAlphairon - 1/14/2012  4:37 PM

Something like that could work I suppose. However, you might want to hang around for awhile, establish yourself, maybe participate in a pass or two, and in general get to know us and we get to know you...before expecting anyone to just send you 5 nice sticks. Ain't none of us just fell off the turnip truck you know. We are a generally trusting bunch but let's not get silly with it.

:word:
-Brent-

-Don't go away mad, just go away.

horrido

QuoteAlphairon - 1/14/2012  4:37 PM

X2  :word:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

cocon

All good things in time..... :-)
WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

McBryde

I think "crappy sticks" is a relative term, LMAO. I like fake cuban cohibas from a glass topped box, at least the ones I had, the next guy down the line might not.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Hot Stuff x

I've done several of these "blind" trades...what I find has worked in the past is to state the number of cigars (5, 10, whatever) and then establish a ball park $$$ figure for the overall value of the trade.  That provides some flexibility on what level of cigars to include, but keeps it equitable.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Hot Stuff x

QuoteTheDog1967 - 1/13/2012  10:08 PM
... but no need to drop a cuban either.

Reminds me of something I read on a bathroom wall...

"Here I sit, buns a flexin'
   giving birth to another Texan"     :biggrin:
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

whodeeni

QuoteHot Stuff x - 1/14/2012 10:58 PM I've done several of these "blind" trades...what I find has worked in the past is to state the number of cigars (5, 10, whatever) and then establish a ball park $$$ figure for the overall value of the trade. That provides some flexibility on what level of cigars to include, but keeps it equitable.

Blind Trades are how they do them with newbies on Cbid, but the newbie

sends their end first, that way everyone is protected. He's been a member

here since August so i'll take the plunge with him, and pretty much regardless

of what he sends, I can match or beat it all in the spirit of being a good BOTL!

So the door is still open on my end brotha! Send me a PM if you're serious.

If smoking cigars is on the Darkside, I don't ever
want to see the light!!!

sullivan8078

QuoteHot Stuff x - 1/14/2012  9:59 PM

:lmao:  :lmao:
-David
"Ceiling fan stirs the air, cigar smoke did swirl."- J.B.

87North

Quotesullivan8078 - 1/16/2012  12:17 PM

Up Y'all's....  :mad:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

nwb

Quote87North - 1/16/2012  10:43 PM
Quotesullivan8078 - 1/16/2012  12:17 PM

Up Y'all's....  :mad:

Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.