A Free Cigar

Started by junglepete, 06/17/2008 11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

Sounds good  

http://cigarfox.com/#      :-)
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

ljlemer

That site is incredible!! Fantastic prices and selection! Thanks!
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

junglepete

I thought you would like the single action there.  :dancing:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Duker511

Thanks for the link, I hope their ready for a flood of requests for a free cigar. :dancing:
Tim

Bob Cordell

I hit submit and nothing happened...
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

mhuss

I completed the survey and it went through, so I guess we'll wait and see what happens.  Thanks for the link!  I'll be taking a little time to check it out.

jomama20

Thanks junglepete! free cigars rule......

mhuss

Quotejomama20 - 6/18/2008  6:20 PM
free cigars rule......

Yeah, but they never do say what kind of cigar it's going to be.  For all we know, it could be a real dud.  But you never know until you try.

junglepete

The site seems pretty good. Since they are willing to throw in a free cigar with every purchase of 5 singles (you choose the free cigar from the few choices they offer, including a La Gloria Cubana Wavell) it makes me believe that the freebie won't be a dog rocket, hopefully!  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

ljlemer

Quotejunglepete - 6/18/2008  7:46 PM

The site seems pretty good. Since they are willing to throw in a free cigar with every purchase of 5 singles (you choose the free cigar from the few choices they offer, including a La Gloria Cubana Wavell) it makes me believe that the freebie won't be a dog rocket, hopefully!  :biggrin:

Dang! really? I shop at some sites that give you your 6th, 12th, etc cigar free when buying singles, ie Famous.com. That's what I thought they meant!

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 6/18/2008  8:07 PM
I shop at some sites that give you your 6th, 12th, etc cigar free when buying singles, ie Famous.com. That's what I thought they meant!

That's what I thought they meant, too!  CI does the same thing, as far as giving you one free after you've bought a certain number.  But it's one of the ones that you already have selected.

nukbucko

I done the waiting game begains :snoring:
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

SenorPablo

I'm game.  Seems hard to pass up.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

jomama20

The CI version is buy 4 and the 5th is free. it doesn't matter what you select, the least expensive of the 5 is the freebie. still a good deal that i have taken advantage of.

ljlemer

I placed an order:

Amount: 1 x 4.50  - [GU150] Gurkha Park Avenue Series 44 Torpedo
    Amount: 1 x 4.75  - [AT100] A. Turrent Churchill
    Amount: 1 x 15.75  - [GN116] Cohiba Churchill
    Amount: 1 x 12.00  - [GN129] Cohiba XV X-V 749
    Amount: 1 x 11.00  - [JC155] Diamond Crown Maximus # 4
    FREE: 1 - [MM105] Ted's 6x50
Box Cost: $48.00
Subtotal: $48.00
Total with Shipping and Tax if applicable: $48.01

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

I might as well show you an order that will arrive tomorrow from SeriousCigars.com:
Don Pepin El Centurion Gladiadores Natural   $13.95   Singles   1   $13.95
Don Pepin El Rey de los Habanos Churchill Natural   $6.20   Singles   1   $6.20
Don Pepin Serie JJ Selectos Natural   $7.25   Singles   1   $7.25
Don Pepin Don Pepin Blue Label Magnates Natural   $6.95   Singles   1   $6.95
Tatuaje Havana VI Artistas Natural   $7.25   Singles   1   $7.25
Tatuaje Classic Reserva SW Natural   $11.20   Singles   1   $11.20
Tatuaje Cabaiguan Imperiales Natural   $8.75   Singles   1   $8.75
Subtotal:    $61.55
State Sales Tax:    $0.00
Standard Shipping (Including $7.50 COD charge):    $6.00
Total Order:   $75.05

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Hmmmm, Pepin's.  I have this weekend off, and I'm thinking about running up to the CI store.  There, I should find a truckload of Pepin's.  And believe it or not, I still have my gift cert from winning the monthly contest back in, I think, February (or March, I actually forget, it was so long ago).

stogie_foggie

Yeah, I'm really starting to get into Nicaraguan cigars, Don Pepins especially.  Larry, I think you will like the El Centurion - a little mellower than his normal full bodied blends but still good.

I'm trying to find some Casa Royale cigars around here without too much luck.  Anyone try them?  Also the 601s are good - alos blended by Pepin.
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

junglepete

Is it really only one cent for shipping?
Guru of Frugality

ljlemer

Quotestogie_foggie - 6/19/2008  8:55 AM

Yeah, I'm really starting to get into Nicaraguan cigars, Don Pepins especially.  Larry, I think you will like the El Centurion - a little mellower than his normal full bodied blends but still good.

I'm trying to find some Casa Royale cigars around here without too much luck.  Anyone try them?  Also the 601s are good - alos blended by Pepin.

I tried and reviewed the toro and churchill. I liked the toro and loved the churchill. Only the churchill had that special oomph you've come to expect from Don Pepin.

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

Quotejunglepete - 6/19/2008  9:05 AM

Is it really only one cent for shipping?

That's just the introductory rate. I'll find out next time what it'll really be. The bonus cigar selection wasn't too bad, but after I've tried them all, I'll have to move on to a different website. Every cigar for me is a one night stand. You don't reach 400 reviews in 10 months by indulging in sloppy seconds.

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

Quotejunglepete - 6/18/2008  12:54 AM

Sounds good  

http://cigarfox.com/#      :-)

I never got my freebie. I did get my first paying order a few days ago.

Thomas Mann

Duker511

I have not recieved mine either, but I got an e-mail that my two Cohibas for $10 were delivered yesterday. :biggrin:
Tim

bslatner

Quotestogie_foggie - 6/19/2008  8:55 AMYeah, I'm really starting to get into Nicaraguan cigars, Don Pepins especially.  Larry, I think you will like the El Centurion - a little mellower than his normal full bodied blends but still good.I'm trying to find some Casa Royale cigars around here without too much luck.  Anyone try them?  Also the 601s are good - alos blended by Pepin.

I've tried the Casa Royales. They're pretty good. First one I had was really bitter, but subsequent ones have been very...Pepiny :cigarman:

ljlemer

Quotestogie_foggie - 6/19/2008  8:55 AM

I didn't like the El Centurion. Check my review of it. You are next after me in the cigar pass. I'll send you a Casa Royale and something else to make up for sending you junk last time. I enjoyed the Casa Royale.

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.