Stogies on Grand- St. Paul, MN

Started by Aequitas86, 06/20/2008 07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aequitas86

Stogies on Grand is my favorite little cigar shop in the Twin Cities. It is located on Grand Ave in st. paul. Stogies is formerly a Victorian style house converted into a shop and lounge. The first thing I noticed walking in was the ambiance. It was slightly dark and a very comfortable in temprature. As you walk up the stair you could go to the shop or the lounge.

I will start with the shop. It's a tad crowded but able to fit 5-8 people comfortably. They have a large selection of humidors, pipes, tobacco, and tools. The walk in humidor is the best room i have seen to date. The entire selection sits in this perfectly calibrated humidor. Every hygrometer I saw was at 70% and the cigars were in immaculate condition. The staff are as friendly and helpful as you would expect. I usually get in long conversations and stories while shopping for cigars. Selection has not been a problem for me, as they have a bunch of different kinds. I am still exploring and have yet to run into a bad cigar.

The lounge takes up a few of the rooms of this once house. The living room is just that. Couple of couches, chairs, and a big screen TV. Another room has card tables and cards. The people are extremely friendly and you feel that you fit in right off the bat. I am a big fan.

The best part of the whole place is that its on Grand Ave. If you guys havn't been I would highly reccomend it. It's an amazing part of the city and fun to walk up and down. Ive been known to take a cigar and take a walk down the avenue on a cool summer night.

I'd definitely give it 10/10
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.

SenorPablo

Sounds like a very cool place.  If I ever make my way up to St. Paul i'll be sure to check it out.  You should enter into the the Cigar Places database so that other's find it:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=places

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

mhuss

QuoteSenorPablo - 6/20/2008  9:36 PM
You should enter into the the Cigar Places database so that other's find it

And get the points for it, too!   :dancing:

Duker511

I go to the St Paul-Minneapolis area to visit family every couple years. Ill have to look this place up, we usually sit around eating and drinking. Ill have to break away from the group and find Grand street. Thanks for the tip.
Tim

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.