texlewee

Maybe a bad idea
" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

ljlemer

Quotetexlewee - 6/21/2008  9:36 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had something to trade.

Here's about 90% of my current humi stock....   If you see something you want to trade for, and have something interesting, give me an IM.....

What are those prices? They are cheap!
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

nukbucko

where can i get those deals I mean it geez low low prices
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."  -Some Dude I don't Know

texlewee

I bid alot on CBID, plus, I watch for blowouts on the different sites...

Like the weekend deal at CI right now... Its a steal.

ljlemer

Quotetexlewee - 6/22/2008  12:45 PM

I bid alot on CBID, plus, I watch for blowouts on the different sites...

Like the weekend deal at CI right now... Its a steal.

So rather than state the average price, you put the bargain price you paid for it. While that puts your bargain-hunting on display, it's not in your interest to disclose that info during trades. It's neither your fault nor obligation if someone buys their sticks at an expensive store. Cigars have an average value. They should be compared by average values.  The fact that I might have won a 5pack of $10 cigars, total value $50, for only $5, or $1 each, doesn't mean I'm going to trade them as dollar cigars.

Thomas Mann

texlewee

I realized that when I started seeing the messages regarding the prices. You'll notice that my Humidor is private again. Twas a bad idea.  I like tracking my cigars and the prices I paid in my personal humidor.

But I can definitely see the issues it might cause others...

Thus, it is once again private. :-(

ljlemer

Quotetexlewee - 6/23/2008  12:13 AM

I realized that when I started seeing the messages regarding the prices. You'll notice that my Humidor is private again. Twas a bad idea.  I like tracking my cigars and the prices I paid in my personal humidor.

But I can definitely see the issues it might cause others...

Thus, it is once again private. :-(

You could prepare an alternate list without prices.

Thomas Mann

texlewee

I dont think there are settings for duplicate humidors.

I wish there were settings to turn off the "price" function for community visibility.

So, to avoid the appearance of either grandstanding on my bargain hunting, or bragging on how much my cigars or worth,

I'll just keep it private...

:bigthumbs:

ljlemer

Quotetexlewee - 6/23/2008  11:01 PM

I dont think there are settings for duplicate humidors.

I wish there were settings to turn off the "price" function for community visibility.

So, to avoid the appearance of either grandstanding on my bargain hunting, or bragging on how much my cigars or worth,

I'll just keep it private...

:bigthumbs:

You could make a list and post it here. But, whatever. I can't make a list because I have several hundred cigars.

Thomas Mann

texlewee

I understand..... My current count is about 650, with lots of onsies... so it would be tedious... I really only am using the CG humidor tracker for my bulk purchases......

I really do need to do a real inventory.... I found a Greycliff Double Espresso deep in my humi that I thought I had lost......

stogie_foggie

Quotetexlewee - 6/23/2008  10:33 PM

I understand..... My current count is about 650, with lots of onsies... so it would be tedious... I really only am using the CG humidor tracker for my bulk purchases......

I really do need to do a real inventory.... I found a Greycliff Double Espresso deep in my humi that I thought I had lost......

650... wow.  One of the B&M stores I go to would be hard pressed to have that much.  :biggrin:

Definitely would need to keep up with that many.  I lose track of the 130 or so I have sometimes....
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

ljlemer

Quotetexlewee - 6/24/2008  12:33 AM

I find that doing an inventory dries out the cigars and humis and subjects the cigars to damage. I'm a bit clumsy.

Thomas Mann

Proph

Haha.. you guys have too many cigars.. inventory.  

:lmao:

I guess even if I was a millionaire and all I ever invested in was cigars, I'd never have to do inventory cause I'd smoke 'em as I bought 'em.  I've had a few old cigars, and I think there comes a point when a cigar has passed around so many times it starts to break down, and I don't like seeing those pics of exploded expensive cigars or hearing stories of cigar issues cause of age.  I'm starting to seriously study age in my choice of cigars, what say you that have so many?  Do you agree that cigars being passed from even humi to humi and changing humidity and temp starts to take a toll on cigars?

Methinks it does.  I definitely notice a difference between cigars bought online, cigars rolled fresh locally, and old cigars, and too new cigars, and etc.
"Do not be too timid or squeamish about your actions, all life is an experiment." -Ralph W. Emerson

texlewee

What happens is, for me anyway, I see a cigar I want, and its "on sale" in a 20 pack or 10 pack for dirt cheap, and I think, hell, for 50 bux, I might as well get 20, since if I buy them as singles, it would be about the same price for 5 or 6.... SO I buy 20.... and 20.... and 20.....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.