ALERT: Found Opus X in stock!!!

Started by SenorPablo, 06/30/2007 03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

I just came from a cigar place here in OC.  They were just laying out new stock that came in.  They had 3 boxes of Opus X which they will only sell you one for $20 for every $30 of other Fuerte products.  Not that unusual for places that can get them.  They usually have some sort of restriction.

BUT - Get this - They have some limited edition telescope style tins of 3 Opus X each in three sizes - small, medium, large like a Robusto, Toro, and Churchill (although they aren't labeled that way - so I dont know the exact size.)  They are about $60 bucks each with NO LIMIT.  Once they are gone, they are gone and they had about a dozen of them.  These tins are apparently pretty rare.  

If you are familiar with Opus - no one gets more than 4 shipments per year (if that) - and only to shops that buy at least $40,000 worth of Fuerte products per year.  This was just perfect timing as I got there when they were pulling them out of the boxes.  I picked up a few.

If anyone is interested in any let me know and i'll pick some up tomorrow on my way back home.  Again these are in metal telescope style "collector" tins still sealed in cellophane that you could re-use.  They were like $58 for 3 smaller sized, $60 for 3 medium sizes, and $62 for 3 larger sized.  I'm not looking to make any money on this.  I just thought I would offer this to members.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

SenorPablo

Also, while I was there I had a pre-embargo Cuban - a Pinar P3000 - an absolutely fantastic smoke.  Over 50 years aged and in great condition.  This guy had a box of singles of the El Diablo (5x32) for $10.25 and the Rohtchild (4.5x50) for $18.50.  These are getting harder and harder to find.  He was informed that he'll only get 2 more shipments and then they're gone (for him.)  If interested, let me know and i'll pick some up as well.

Cheers!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

theoldcc

Is this the one?  The Rare Estate Reserve 1992?  If so, i'm all in.  Actually I think i'm in anyways.   :dancing:
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

SenorPablo

Yes.  Thats them, but he's got three different sizes.  Let me know if you're interested.  Definitely seem like a collector's item and the price and that bad for Opus.

-Paul

theoldcc

My Smokes

monteclaro

Sent a PM.  Let me know if its not too late.  How many do you think you can get?  I have some buddies that might want some sticks.

Thanks!

JF
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

SenorPablo

Hi John.  PM received.  I don't mind buying all they have left if we all collectively want it.  But (isn't there always a but?), I'd like to at least make sure that everyone who wants some, gets some.  So i'll pick you up more than 1 as long as everyone else was able to get at least 1.  Cool?

-Paul

mistagordo

Hmmm...very tempting since you don't see them that much other than in auctions.  Gotts decide if I want to spend that much on smokes though.

Steve

SenorPablo

I should have mentioned that when I went back to the store, they had only a 3 of tins left, so I bought the rest of them.  

John and Pete: i'll PM you guys and we'll figure out how to divide what you guys wanted.

-Paul

theoldcc

My Smokes

monteclaro

monteclaro

I should have mentioned I got these delivered Friday.   :dancing:  These tins are so cool looking i'd hate to break them open.  Everything looked good and well packaged!  Going to enjoy these.  
 :bigthumbs:

JF

theoldcc

Righto.  Got mine too!   :dancing:   Thanks for the effort Paul!

*P
My Smokes

SenorPablo

Great.  I'm glad you guys got them in good order.  My pleasure.

-Paul

Anthony

Hey Paul, do you happen to still have any extras?  I may be interested.  

(Perhaps even one of the tins????)
_____

SenorPablo

I might be able to spare a few.  Let me take a look.

-Paul

Anthony

_____

SenorPablo

Anthony.  I was holding a tin of Robustos for a guy I worked with.  He's been dragging his feet so they're yours if you like.  PM me and lets talk about a trade  :biggrin:

-Paul

Anthony

_____

tnt956

For the record, I did not rate the Opus X I smoked since it was too humid and I had such trouble with it.  However, from what I could tell, it was a very decent smoke.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.