New cigar fans, this may help...

Started by GolfNut, 07/01/2008 01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut

Hey, for any of you new folks (like me) out there, I came across this sampler this morning and ordered it up. When it gets in, I'll post some pics and info on it. Not sure what they all are, and maybe some pros here will comment on them for us. Just wanted to pass it along for others that may have no idea what to look for.
http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/289

Bob Cordell

Ive heard of the Don Kiki's before! I smoked one, it was a maduro, it wasnt bad.

I guess for a 19 dollar bill that isnt bad.
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

stogie_foggie

I've had the Don Kiki Red - not too bad.  The other cigars.... some of I have never had but most of those I have never even heard of.  Be sure to do a review.

Also, I think Turboknat took a tour of the Don Kiki factory and even met the man.  He would be the person to talk to.
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

Duker511

Ive smoked a few Don Kikis, I liked the red label and I believe the brown label the best. I had a sampler of them last year, real good. For $20 you cant go wrong.
Tim

GolfNut

Quotestogie_foggie - 7/1/2008  3:48 PM

Be sure to do a review.

:-0  :-0  Well, I'll do my best. Just hope I don't look like an idiot trying to describe things in laymens terms...... :sad:

ljlemer

QuoteGolfNut - 7/1/2008  2:09 PM

Hey, for any of you new folks (like me) out there, I came across this sampler this morning and ordered it up. When it gets in, I'll post some pics and info on it. Not sure what they all are, and maybe some pros here will comment on them for us. Just wanted to pass it along for others that may have no idea what to look for.

I just ordered it. What I like about it is I haven't reviewed any of them.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

GolfNut

Quoteljlemer - 7/1/2008  4:21 PM

Well heck! Glad this is helping out more than just us new guys!

ljlemer

QuoteGolfNut - 7/1/2008  7:27 PM

Quoteljlemer - 7/1/2008  4:21 PM

Well heck! Glad this is helping out more than just us new guys!

You thought us old guys don't appreciate a bargain? You remind me of my young daughters. "What, you still do, like xyz at your age?"

Thomas Mann

GolfNut

Quoteljlemer - 7/1/2008  10:20 PM

You thought us old guys don't appreciate a bargain? You remind me of my young daughters. "What, you still do, like xyz at your age?"

Hah! Too funny. I guess you can give an old dog new ticks..er or something like that.....
:lmao:
Now I never meant to leave anyone out here, just figured this to be a good beginners feet wet sort of thing.

Turboknat

I love the Red Label and the Brown Label Maduro.  I thought the Cuban Crafters Chairman was ok, but might be better with age.  I have one left, and it might be ready now.  I have several Red and Brown Labels that I received from the factory.  I have pics of Don Kiki's factory in the Photo Album section if you want to check it out.

ljlemer

Well, I got my CubanCrafters box of 12 different cigars and a cutter. It's very impressive! Glad I ordered it!

Thomas Mann

GolfNut

ljlemer

QuoteGolfNut - 7/7/2008  7:08 PM

:-(  Still waiting.......

I'm still waiting for the Gurkhas!

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 7/7/2008  7:26 PM
I'm still waiting for the Gurkhas!

If you mean the free Gurkha package, I am too.  I have pretty much written off any hope for that to arrive.

Duker511

Im still waiting for the free Montecristo that some of you have already let sit for awhile, smoked, reviewed, and probably forgot about. :-(
Tim

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.