If you like Pepins.

Started by Duker511, 07/08/2008 07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duker511

I found this site that seems to sell alot of cigars blended by Don Pepin. The prices seem fair and they have some great Pepin samplers. http://www.newhavanacigars.com/
Tim

ljlemer

QuoteDuker511 - 7/8/2008  8:34 AM

I found this site that seems to sell alot of cigars blended by Don Pepin. The prices seem fair and they have some great Pepin samplers. http://www.newhavanacigars.com/

I'm sorry to disagree, but all prices I saw are exactly the same as the manufacturer's suggested price, which is awful. Very expensive. Interesting site nonetheless.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 7/8/2008  9:53 AM
I'm sorry to disagree, but all prices I saw are exactly the same as the manufacturer's suggested price, which is awful. Very expensive. Interesting site nonetheless.

I agree.  I took a look at the site and didn't find that many good prices.  The samplers are pretty intriguing though.

Duker511

They have some samplers that look good. Theres a couple Pepin samplers for $45 for 6 cigars, and some 5 packs of Tatuaje that look pretty good. Im not saying they are the cheapest on the web, but they have some nice samplers Ive never seen for a fair price. :biggrin:
Tim

ljlemer

QuoteDuker511 - 7/8/2008  3:27 PM

They have some samplers that look good. Theres a couple Pepin samplers for $45 for 6 cigars, and some 5 packs of Tatuaje that look pretty good. Im not saying they are the cheapest on the web, but they have some nice samplers Ive never seen for a fair price. :biggrin:

I've never seen a website that dared sell cigars at the MSRP. I once thought the MSRP was a gimmick to make cigars look cheap after the discount. We're not ganging up on you, but your site is possibly the MOST expensive I've ever seen. Gift shops in fancy hotels charge what they charge. The good news is now that you know that, you'll save a bundle on future purchases.

Thomas Mann

Duker511

Well I looked at Pepin Garcia JJ nat. in a couple sizes and CI had the Belicoso for $206.95, Holts had them for $189.00, Cigar.com/ $207.95 and New Havana has them for $189.00. Also the Sublimes at CI are $248.95, at Holts/$226.95, and Cigar.com/ $249.95, New Havana they are $226.80.  I looked at several more and they are right about the same as most places for most brands, even a little cheaper. I looked at several other sites, almost identical prices. Im sure you can find them cheaper, but I havent found samplers with one of each Pepins, or just the mix of cigars they offer together. I just brought this up because Ive been looking for some place to get some good Pepin samplers, they have them.  :biggrin:

The more I look around, they seem to be very competitive. Even Famous is more expensive for the Pepins Ive looked at. The JJ Series and the Blue Series.

As far as saving a bundle on future purchases, I think Im pretty informed on whats going on. I sometimes look at 10-20 places before I make a purchase. Every now and then I may buy something because I want it, but usually I look around.
Tim

ljlemer

Thomas Mann

Duker511

As far as I can find they dont have any of the same cigars. Besides, I bought from Factory Direct, never again. I bought what they made sound like Cohiba seconds, they were some of the worst cigars ever.

Still, I cant find any place that sells Pepins for any less. I dont know how I got into this. I was just letting people know where they could find some Pepin samplers. I looked all over and couldnt find any place with better samplers. Also for Tatuaje they have some great samplers at very FAIR prices. As far as the Illusion cigars they carry, I can hardly find anywhere that has them. When you can find them they are more expensive everywhere I looked. Also, I like the idea that NH sends all orders with a Breveda pack, Factory Directs cigars came dry. I will continue to look around because Im interested in Pepin samplers, but I dont think I will find ONE single place to get them cheaper.

Where did you get the idea they were so expensive?

Ive been looking, for the cigars I buy, Factory Direct is more expensive.
Tim

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.