Escape room games, available on escaperoom are immersive experiences where players collaborate to solve puzzles within themed environments. These adventures challenge teams to unravel stories and find clues under a time constraint, offering thrilling teamwork and problem-solving opportunities. Visit escaperoom.com to discover a world of engaging and exciting escape room challenges. <a href="https://escaperoom.com/">Escaperoom</a>

Main Menu

Cigar "Mecca" in CT

Started by Kckodiak, 04/23/2012 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kckodiak

Stopped by Buttheads Tobacco in Danbury, CT tonight. Posted additional comments in cigar places section. A definite must stop by for any afficiendo!  Thanks for the advice and sticks Pete!
"Happiness?  A good Cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; depends on how much happiness you can handle" George Burns

Hot Tub Cigar Guy
Keith in CT

Romeo

gotta plan a road trip!!!
I think there's to much smoke In this cigar shop I once heard someone say before I threw them out !

nwb

I've heard it is impressive.  They do a lot of events, too.
Chief of Shaft

PeterG

Thanks for stopping by Keith was great to meet you! Drop by for an event soon and see how we do it, free drinks, free food, great deals on great sticks.

Nwb: Yeah we try to do 40 events a year, atleast, this year were looking at closer to 55. We love doing them, and so do our regulars and reps

nwb

QuotePeterG - 4/25/2012  11:04 AM
Nwb: Yeah we try to do 40 events a year, atleast, this year were looking at closer to 55. We love doing them, and so do our regulars and reps

I've always wondered why shops don't do more events.  Is it the shop owners, or do the reps/manufacturers limit themselves?
Chief of Shaft

PeterG

It is a mix. Since we are a bigger store people are excited to do events with us. But also since we have 2,400 open boxes we deal with more manufacturers. The independent reps, who deal with several companies, do as many as 6 events a year for their different lines. A smaller store just wont have enough reps they deal with to do weekly events, since if all they carry is general, altadis, and 2 or 3 smaller box companies all they have is 5 reps. So thats 6 events a year (2 each for the smaller companies) and an event for the big box brand as they are willing.

Our altadis rep is great she will promo any line we want, our general rep seems to follow what he is suppose to promo at the time. If we want a last stick standing CAO event, we'd have it. We will have a partagas 1845 launch soon.

Also to get a rep in for an event they require an order. Say company X requires a 10 box order for an event, and at Store X they only sell 4 boxes worth during the event. If they dont have enough money or desire they wont run another rep'd event till those other 6 boxes sell down/

So the short answer is it is a mix of the two. But since we have more brands than I can list all periodically selling down we can provide events weekly, or nearly to it.

nwb

Thanks for the info PeterG!
Chief of Shaft

Chrism305

I was going to go last week but just never got there. Now I have to move it up my priority list. Thanks

PeterG

QuoteChrism305 - 4/26/2012  7:16 AM

I was going to go last week but just never got there. Now I have to move it up my priority list. Thanks

Drop on by and say Hi!

1sgjeffward

Thanks for that info! Gives the insider perspective and a new appreciation on the frequency of events!
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

MT21

Sure do wish we had a place like that here in smoke hating Washington State.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

vw77guy

Sounds like a nice place, too bad it's a bit of a drive from Denver.

PeterG

Your wishes have come true, just tune into our Live Event Streams!

irratebass

QuotePeterG - 4/25/2012  1:31 PM  It is a mix. Since we are a bigger store people are excited to do events with us. But also since we have 2,400 open boxes we deal with more manufacturers. The independent reps, who deal with several companies, do as many as 6 events a year for their different lines. A smaller store just wont have enough reps they deal with to do weekly events, since if all they carry is general, altadis, and 2 or 3 smaller box companies all they have is 5 reps. So thats 6 events a year (2 each for the smaller companies) and an event for the big box brand as they are willing.  Our altadis rep is great she will promo any line we want, our general rep seems to follow what he is suppose to promo at the time. If we want a last stick standing CAO event, we'd have it. We will have a partagas 1845 launch soon.   Also to get a rep in for an event they require an order. Say company X requires a 10 box order for an event, and at Store X they only sell 4 boxes worth during the event. If they dont have enough money or desire they wont run another rep'd event till those other 6 boxes sell down/  So the short answer is it is a mix of the two. But since we have more brands than I can list all periodically selling down we can provide events weekly, or nearly to it.

This was great info, I always wondered why my b&m's suck for events heh.

An event streaming order is in my future, too bad I missed that Perdomo, that lighter is the shizznit....and I will be missing the Ab even tomorrow as well  :angry: curse me and no fundage!

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

PeterG

We actually have another Perdomo event in June, Nick Perdomo was suppose to come for the april one but had to resched, so we got a slot for him in June. Same great deals!

chief791

Hey PeterG, Even though i live in Dutchess county NY, i will be stopping by your store tomorrow 7/19 for your Rocky Patel Event. I work in Westchester and found out about your event from your Mailing list. This will be my first time in your store and am looking forward to it. Hope you don't mind if i introduce myself to ya. I have a funny feeling that i might become a steady customer. See you tomorrow after work.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

horrido

I wish we had that type of B&M up in the frozen errr hot north - lucky beggars. :cry:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

chief791

Stopped by the store today for the Rocky Patel Event. So many Cigars in this store that it will make your head spin. I met Pete and he was a great guy. Gave me the "nickle" tour and made some great recommendations once i told him what type of flavor profiles i liked. I took advantage of the Rocky deal also. Buy 4 get one free. Even though the shop is about 50 miles from my home (only 12 miles from work) he just made a regular customer out of me. Can't wait till i have the time to sit and enjoy a stick at the store. If you are ever in the Danbury Connecticut area make sure you stop in. Brothers of the leaf for sure. THANKS PETE.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.