8EightyEight Cigar Merchants

Started by BigTA, 05/14/2012 02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigTA

Wont go in to a deep reveiw on this one, This is located in down town Fullerton in So CAL, Only reason I went here is due to a Groupon that was 20 dollars for a 3 month membership and 40.00 dollars in cigars, Well first off their selection was pretty small and week, They had all of the Diamond Crowns but hey, They are a Diamond Crown lounge, Walk in Humi was at least 78% humidity, Every stick I picked up you couldnt hear the slightest crackle, I grabed a total of 5 sigars and spent 8 dollars out of pocket, The one I tried to light up was a La Hoya De Nicuraga Dark Corojo, I could only get a few puffs before it would go out, Tasty cigar but way over humidified, Lounge was nice enough but when the Generall Manager introduced his self and I asked why the humi was over humidified he just kind of laughed and said " You are obviously new to cigars, We keep the Humidor at the peek level ", Very clueless as a GM, Will probably go back for a RP / Four Roses event but other than that, Dont plan on extending my membership when it runs out...
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

CrazyK

Too bad they are clueless... Sounds like a great Groupon deal!
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

horrido

Woe - that was a incorrect comment from this guy. Get him to join the Geeks? :shades:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

nwb

One of my biggest complaints of many B&M's is they assume the person walking through the door knows nothing about cigars.  Sure, that may be true 90% of the time, but we all know what happens when you "ass"ume...
Chief of Shaft

toby2

cool review!

we have a shop in Columbus GA that keeps the sticks so wet i leave em out for a day at least after i get home. the other shop across the bridge keeps em just right. they have a large lounge and the members would howl if they couldn't light one right out of the box. it must help to have "quality inspectors" on site.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.