Smoking in Las Vegas!

Started by cmmayo, 06/09/2012 03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmmayo

Been back from Vegas over a week now, but I've only just now gotten a chance to share some pics and notes from my trip.

The highlight of my cigar smoking in Vegas was easily my visit to Casa Fuente in Caesar's Palace. Although I bought 2 sizes of the Casa Fuente and an Opus X Lancero to take home, I decided to relax in the seating area with an Opus X Forbidden Toro. The extremely hot saleswoman couldn't identify the vitola, but a gentleman at the bar insisted that it was, indeed, a toro.

It was a fantastic smoke that I'd give 5 stars if I could just find it in the database. If you get a chance to smoke one, jump on it knowing that it is well worth the price.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

cmmayo

I spent a decent amount of time smoking cigars and drinking comped drinks. I can't remember everything I smoked, to be honest, but the highlights were:

Hemingway Short Story Maduro
Winston Churchill Chartwell
Davidoff 2000
Feral pig
MOW PA

It was an enjoyable trip, highlighted by seeing Ron White perform, an expensive meal at Mario Batali's Carnevino, two top buffets (one with tons of champagne), a single engine plane flight to the Grand Canyon, treating my wife to an overly expensive Coach purse purchase, and winning both of my bets on my beloved Texas Rangers. Had fun!
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Shukpaw

Sounds like you had a great trip.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

billy82

Sound like you had a nice time. Also the Opus X :drool:
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Beegerply

Sounds like you had a great time Corey.
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

ntanner

sounds like a nice trip, welcome back to reality.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

toby2

sounds like a great time! nice pics.

1029henry

What?! No pictures of the extremely hot saleswoman!?
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

MT21

Glad you had a great time.  Lots of good memories to keep with you and bring you back for more.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Cigary

Nothing like a Vega trip with com'd drinks, Cigars and winning!

87North

Glad you had a good time Corey.  I'd say the Rangers are a solid bet in Vegas this year.  The Dodgers are having a good year too, but I'd never bet on them.  They are, after all, the Dodgers and would disappoint me just on principle... :rolleyes:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

cmmayo

Quote1029henry - 6/9/2012  8:46 AM

Good point. What was I thinking?   :-(
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

ROTHNH

Happy to see you both had a great time in Vegas, Corey.

In the "big city" up here, a tobacconist had those (I think it's the same one you enjoyed) AF Opus X Forbidden Toro single, in it's own cedar coffin,  $50, plus tax.

nwb

Quote1029henry - 6/9/2012  9:46 AM

:word:

Glad you enjoyed the trip - looks like a lot of fun!
Chief of Shaft

danialmartin7778

Sure, you sure how many workers smoke when they congregate.

metalhead y cigarguy

Casa Fuente was a great place, and the sales woman I had helping me was definitely great to look at. She had a 5 flame lighter to light my cigar.  :-0  Talk about about a quick light that was.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

cmmayo

Wish I had bought a couple of the Opus X Forbidden at $28 each while I was there. The only places I've seen them since are asking $30 to $40 for them.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.