Statistics

Started by stoney0rose, 06/14/2012 11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoney0rose

I think it would be very nice being able to view how many sticks you have total, the overall cost of your sticks, and the last stick you smoked.

BlackIrish

Quotestoney0rose - 6/14/2012 12:20 PM

I think it would be very nice being able to view how many sticks you have total, the overall cost of your sticks, and the last stick you smoked.

Speaking just for me personally, there's no way that I need to be reminded of this.

(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

ROTHNH

Hi Zach and welcome to Cigar Geeks.  As for the features for the Apps/Virtual Humidor, they are works in progress.  I don't use any of them, but I'm sure your suggestions will be considered when improvements are being made.

Jackal

You can already do that very easily.  The Virtual humidor already gives you a total stick count and contains all of the data to calculate this and a simple export function.  Just export to Excel and you can summate and average to your heart's desire.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

junglepete

QuoteJackal - 6/14/2012  1:06 PM

You can already do that very easily.  The Virtual humidor already gives you a total stick count and contains all of the data to calculate this and a simple export function.  Just export to Excel and you can summate and average to your heart's desire.

x2

plus...if you review your last smoke here, then you can see the date it was reviewed.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

nwb

Quotejunglepete - 6/14/2012  1:25 PM
QuoteJackal - 6/14/2012  1:06 PM
x2

plus...if you review your last smoke here, then you can see the date it was reviewed.

I think he is talking about the Android App, which doesn't have those features.... :confused:

Either way, welcome to Geeks!  I'm sure SenorPablo will be along shortly with a response.
Chief of Shaft

socialcigarnut

A great man from my home state and an original BOTL once said....

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics" - Mark Twain
Smokin' Logan

Blog: http://cigarfederation.com/
Google+: http://bit.ly/GooglePlusLL

Y'all is singular. All y'all is plural. All y'all's is plural possessive. Kinky Friedman "Governor of the Heart of Texas"

SenorPablo

Hi Zach.  Yep...good suggestions.  They have been brought up before and are on the list.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Shukpaw

How many guys would we lose when their wives ran into the number.  I think it would be better for everyone's health to leave this alone.

As Jackal pointed out, you can export to Excel.  Do one simple this many sticks times this price formula, cut and paste that formula next to all the other lines, and then just do one sum formula to add them all up.  Make sure you are sitting down before you look at the total.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

southernrun

QuoteShukpaw - 6/15/2012  4:29 PM

How many guys would we lose when their wives ran into the number.  I think it would be better for everyone's health to leave this alone.

As Jackal pointed out, you can export to Excel.  Do one simple this many sticks times this price formula, cut and paste that formula next to all the other lines, and then just do one sum formula to add them all up.  Make sure you are sitting down before you look at the total.

haha shared this idea with my uncle and he said it would be quite discouraging to see how much moolah he's burned because of cigars! And yeah, who would want his wife to accidentally come across these numbers?? haha

Brlesq

Quotesouthernrun - 6/15/2012  5:50 AM

QuoteShukpaw - 6/15/2012  4:29 PM

haha shared this idea with my uncle and he said it would be quite discouraging to see how much moolah he's burned because of cigars! And yeah, who would want his wife to accidentally come across these numbers?? haha

x2.  I am happily married right now.  Don't need to spend my cigar money on divorce.  Don't do it Paul!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

MT21

Some things in life are better off unsaid or unknown...
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

DonM

QuoteMT21 - 6/15/2012  9:10 AM

:word:

"The Curmudgeon"

ROTHNH

I think anyone who seriously believes his/her spouse doesn't have a damn good idea how much he/she spends on cigars and, even more obviously, how many cigars are in those 10 humidors and 3 coollidors in the house is extremely naive and more than a little delusional.  Unless the spouse lives somewhere else LOL.

Shukpaw

QuoteROTHNH - 6/15/2012  7:39 AM

I think anyone who seriously believes his/her spouse doesn't have a damn good idea how much he/she spends on cigars and, even more obviously, how many cigars are in those 10 humidors and 3 coollidors in the house is extremely naive and more than a little delusional.  Unless the spouse lives somewhere else LOL.

You are correct.  But it's one thing for her to have an idea, it's another thing to say, "and all this cost us 6 grand".
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

nwb

QuoteMT21 - 6/15/2012  9:10 AM

:word:
Chief of Shaft

BigTA

well if you are using a web browser and you use your link that others would use to see your virtual humis it will give you a total stick count, Just saying.
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.