You gotta BE Serious to Play Serious...

Started by 1sgjeffward, 06/17/2012 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1sgjeffward

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'You gotta BE Serious to Play Serious...'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

toby2

interesting. based on the last auction I just witnessed I have $15000 in Drew Estate and didn't know it. :-)

1sgjeffward

Here is the start of my initial stock list:

Arturo Fuente Solaris (550 10ct box LE)
Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva Shark No. 77
Camacho CLE Christian's Blend 11/18
Davidoff Millennium Blend Piramides
God of Fire Serie B 2010 Gran Toro
Liga Privada Feral Flying Pig
Padron Serie 1926 No. 1
Litto Gomez Diez Small Batch No. 3
Trinidad (Cuban) Fundadores
Trinidad (Cuban) Robusto Extra (Going the way of the Dodo Bird here soon so will become hard to come by)

This is just a short list and by no means complete! You guys know the deal is hard to part with some of these and just debating a few other rare and top dollar sticks. Just wanted to give you an idea of what your getting into with this pass! I want everyone to get a chance to do some serious top end swapping so that hopefully all of us get to try at least a premium and a super premium we have never tried before.

ALSO! Just to add another little twist I have a Xikar Granite Xi2 Brand new and in the box! Going to put it in as a pass item! I think we can all agree that just about anything Xikar is premium. Thought this would just put a different little twist in some of the thought process for your takes :biggrin:
Jeff

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

toby2

should be fun to watch. an education really. I could only take and put back what I already have at this point. this pass looks like it may be a high end endangered species pass. looks great!

1sgjeffward

Quotetoby2 - 6/17/2012  10:03 PM

interesting. based on the last auction I just witnessed I have $15000 in Drew Estate and didn't know it. :-)

Toby,

Gonna have to see who is in and out and what they think. Please don't take this wrong but new people have been driving some of us nuts with poorly thought out takes and puts. In no way am I implying it was you or anything but I just want you to know up front this box is going to be stocked with big time sticks and a bad put will stand out like a sore thumb! I'm inclined to accept you in no small part to the fact that you have POS feedback from 3 people I not only know but respect. So give it a few and I will let you know. And yes these sticks are going to go way above your average cigar.premium and super premium only. If you don't think you have the inventory no harm or foul just say so.

Jeff
Jeff

? André Gide

Jackal

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

1sgjeffward

QuoteJackal - 6/17/2012  10:58 PM

Thanks for having me on this one

No problems brother. Your puts and stock are always top quality and I know you play right :biggrin:
Jeff

? André Gide

Hot Stuff x

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

BXgreenhorn

Thanks for the invite Jeff, this pass looks to be a little over my pay rate but i'm do my best and like toby2 said it'll be educational. I'm in.

MT21

That water is too deep for me.  Thanks for the invite but I'll play the spectator on this one.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

BlackIrish

(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

PETE314

I would love to play...but I just don't have the ammo...nor do I have the backend cred or knowledge at this level.....But I do look forward to some education through the forum as it goes along if possible...Good luck with this pass Jeff...
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

gitfiddl

I appreciate the invite, but like a couple of others have said, I'm afraid this one is out of my league.  I'll have to sit this one out.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

nkowal

Not to clog up with an observer comment, but:

Looks beautiful, something interesting for me to watch and learn. I'm okay at valuing current cigars but I don't think I'd know how to value some of these rare(r) cigars. Is there a particular method people use to determine value for these?

billy82

Thanks for the invite Jeff. This seems like a very nice pass.   I said to to myself that I was not going to join a new pass till I was all done with the passes that I'm in now.   I think I'm a pass whore.
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

toby2

Quote1sgjeffward - 6/18/2012  12:28 AM  
Quotetoby2 - 6/17/2012  10:03 PM  interesting. based on the last auction I just witnessed I have $15000 in Drew Estate and didn't know it. :-)
Toby,  Gonna have to see who is in and out and what they think. Please don't take this wrong but new people have been driving some of us nuts with poorly thought out takes and puts. In no way am I implying it was you or anything but I just want you to know up front this box is going to be stocked with big time sticks and a bad put will stand out like a sore thumb! I'm inclined to accept you in no small part to the fact that you have POS feedback from 3 people I not only know but respect. So give it a few and I will let you know. And yes these sticks are going to go way above your average cigar.premium and super premium only. If you don't think you have the inventory no harm or foul just say so.  Jeff

roger that. that was my point. i know i cant play in that sandbox. should be neat to see what gets put in!  

junglepete

Thanks for the invite Jeff, but I'll have to pass on the pass. A little too high end for me. Have fun with it though!!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

metalhead y cigarguy

Wow looks like a great pass with some awesome sticks. To rich for my humidor though.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

BXgreenhorn

Quotebilly82 - 6/18/2012  11:58 AM

Thanks for the invite Jeff. This seems like a very nice pass.   I said to to myself that I was not going to join a new pass till I was all done with the passes that I'm in now.   I think I'm a pass whore.

:lmao:  :lmao:

I guess I'm just as big of a whore as you...

mike.casey

Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

BXgreenhorn

Oh yeah!!! only 5 more and we can get this thing started..

billy82

QuoteBXgreenhorn - 6/18/2012  4:07 PM

Quotebilly82 - 6/18/2012  11:58 AM

:lmao:  :lmao:

I guess I'm just as big of a whore as you...

I think I need help. :cry:
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

nwb

Thanks for the invite Jeff, but I have to pass right now.  I'm in full job search mode, and I have a couple of trips planned in the next couple of months.

If things change, I'll let you know.
Chief of Shaft

1sgjeffward

OK, should be a few more invites that went out today. My box was full and said I couldn't send anything so fixed it and hopefully those will go through.

For some that think its too high end I am still putting the starting list together. Going to throw in a few others like an Ave Maria Reconquista, have a Padilla Signature 1932 Torpedo with over 2 years on it, CAO La Traviata Maduro, an  Airbender and maybe a Cabinet Cameroon (My pass and everything LFD is top shelf to me :biggrin:) so there will be some realistic takes in there.

As far as how to price some of the rare cigars. It can be difficult I know. Like the Camacho CLE you can only get it 1 place and that's out of the Executive traveler (Thanks alot LES!! I'm on my 3rd one of those D@MN things!) and obviously that will add value. Here is my solution to that problem:

1. Person that puts it in is responsible for giving a ballpark price.
2. Any member who thinks a value is too high or too low speak up!
3. Nobody speaks up then that's the price we will go with.

There is no problem at all with shooting out your takes or puts and asking for an opinion or some help. None of us are perfect and were all friends here so when in doubt shout it out!
Jeff

? André Gide

Herfin' Chef

Thanks for the invite...lets do this!
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.