Tobacco Haus New Braunfels, TX

Started by TheValKitty, 06/22/2012 02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheValKitty

Since I go to school in San Marcos, I got curious if there were other humidors/shops in the area.  One I apparently pass by everyday is Tobacco Haus, so I thought I would stop in and check it out.

Now the only other place I usually go is one of the Finck's shops.  I have been in Club Humidor a time or two and I don't like the whole follow you around like you are a thief policy they seem to have.  

This place is very different from either of those.  They are a cigar bar, with a 600 sq' humidor.  Smaller display space than other places I have gone, but friendly staff, a good range of cigars, a cool copper-sheathed bar to sit at, and a fully stocked bar.

The bartender is friendly, and I have met the owner, Mark.  Cool guy, Thomas (my boyfriend) and I were chatting with him last night after class.  My boyfriend had to leave, but I stayed to play bingo and have a drink.  I won one game :)

They have poker nights, bingo nights, and other fun activities, and are open quite late, which is nice for evenings I can't make Finck's until they close.  Really chill people.

nirab

Sounds like a great place! I am in Buda, and love going to New Braunfels. Where exactly is it located? Thanks for the heads up Val!   :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

TheValKitty

Quotenirab - 6/22/2012  3:11 PM

Sounds like a great place! I am in Buda, and love going to New Braunfels. Where exactly is it located? Thanks for the heads up Val!   :biggrin:

It is in the Market shopping center - Coming from Buda, exit 189 and stay on the access rd

http://goo.gl/maps/DeJY

We should hang out there some time :)

TheValKitty

Oh! And not just a bar - they have tasty coffee too!  Went well with the Camacho Maduro I smoked last night.

nirab

Sweet! Not far at all. Let's plan a herf there real soon! Would love to hang with some fellow geeks, drink coffee and above all, smoke some sweet cigars!! Let's do this!!   :biggrin:  :rocker:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

BFry Cigar Guy

Thanks for the heads up Val. I have a friend that lives right off of Exit 187 in New Braunfels right next to a dam near there. I will have to check it out the next time I am in that area. Maybe we will all meet up there at some point in the near future.
Ben

TheValKitty

QuoteBFry Cigar Guy - 6/22/2012  7:02 PM

Thanks for the heads up Val. I have a friend that lives right off of Exit 187 in New Braunfels right next to a dam near there. I will have to check it out the next time I am in that area. Maybe we will all meet up there at some point in the near future.

That would be fun :)

nirab

Let's discuss a date/time this Wed at the Explosion Herf!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Ken Kelley

New Braunfels has some great German food too!
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.