Podman Cigars Service

Started by GarCar, 06/30/2012 05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GarCar

I made my initial order recently from Tim @ Podman Cigars after a recent post reminding me of his online shop. I had been meaning to support him cause he's a Geek but I'm getting old & forgetful, etc. But the post reminded me and I went over and snatched some LP #9's. If this was Facebook...he'd be "LIKED". If this was eBay...he'd get all 5 stars.

Since it's just a new ol' Geek...he gets a toast (Kentucky purified water) & a big Kentucky thumbs up !

Shine-1

Excellent service, communications and shipping. Well packaged and healthy lookin' sticks.

Thank you , Mr. Tim...you have another thirsty customer.

nirab

Thanks for the reminder. I have been meaning to order from him as well.  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

toby2

got mine too. thx podman!

podman28

I love to see happy cigar smokers! Thanks for the support and enjoy the smokes guys.

Ken Kelley

QuoteGarCar - 6/30/2012  6:32 PM

I've got a neighbor who makes that "Kentucky purified water". He sells his in plastic milk jugs rather than Mason jars though.  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

GarCar

QuoteAlphairon - 6/30/2012  9:25 PM  
QuoteGarCar - 6/30/2012  6:32 PM                                                     I'll take it any way they choose to package it. :-) My most recent acquisitions have been in empty vodka bottles which make for a more attractive offering. I actually come from a long line of clear "distributors". My grandpa was a major player of some of the most sought after char around. I guess it's in my blood...pun intended.  I just separate it into more manageable vitolas like the mason jars in the pic.

zac

Since moving to the south, I have come to appreciate "Purified water".  One of my "distributors" has a peach flavored water that is nice, but his best is the apple pie water;  made with apple pie spice.  It goes down so nice, but can be deadly if you're not careful.

podman28

As a fan of many types of "purified" waters I have yet to try the Kentucky version. Maybe a transaction of sorts can be arranged? BTW you can like Podmancigars.com on Facebook by hitting the button at the website.

wlfwalleye

Yep Tim is a top notch BOTL!

And as far as the "Purified Water" is concerned my neighbor makes some of the best! Oh and he is the chemical engineer at one of the local Ethanol Plants so he really knows what he is doing.

GarCar

Well, my sources do not have engineering degree and it would probably be difficult for them to lay hands on a high school diploma if one pressed them to view it.

GarCar

Quotepodman28 - 7/1/2012  12:20 AM  As a fan of many types of "purified" waters I have yet to try the Kentucky version. Maybe a transaction of sorts can be arranged? BTW you can like Podmancigars.com on Facebook by hitting the button at the website.

33125 or the Windy City?

Ken Kelley

QuoteGarCar - 6/30/2012  9:54 PM

Quote. I actually come from a long line of clear "distributors". My grandpa was a major player of some of the most sought after char around. I guess it's in my blood...pun intended.  I just separate it into more manageable vitolas like the mason jars in the pic.

I don't originally come from these parts but the other half of my family equation grew up around here and has family all over the hollers. Her dad and her uncle were heavily involved in the purified water manufacturing end of the bidness way back in the 30's. In fact, one of their pots is buried in an old well not more than a mile from our house. Their first manufactory was set up within spitting distance of what is now the Glady Center over in the Daniel Boone National Forest a few miles farther up the road. I have pictures dating back to 1929 taken in Hatcher's Cave in the cliffs back of my house of my old neighbor's dad and brother attending a still. They packed the raw materials in by mule. Lots of history around the holler.

Another neighbor makes an occasional run but he's getting so old and blind he's pretty much packed it in. The last time I remember him working was about two years ago when the propane truck driver told me he had a porch full of empty milk jugs.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

podman28

QuoteGarCar - 7/1/2012  5:45 AM

Quotepodman28 - 7/1/2012  12:20 AM  As a fan of many types of "purified" waters I have yet to try the Kentucky version. Maybe a transaction of sorts can be arranged? BTW you can like Podmancigars.com on Facebook by hitting the button at the website.

33125 or the Windy City?

Currently in the 33125.

GarCar

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.