Small WineCooler Project...

Started by PETE314, 07/20/2012 08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PETE314

A few of you saw the trade I made for some cigar boxes with wescat(Thanks Kevin). Well this is what put me into a giving mood. The Boxes allowed me to finish up my small Wineador Project. This is one of those skinny 12 bottle wine coolers. and I saw an article by SenorPablo on the conversion to a Wineador. Great article Paul. http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=34    I for the most part followed his plans but placed my own tweaks on it. For one, the Oust Fans are not made anymore and not easily obtainable. Also I wanted to maximize storage with the boxes....But that made my search for the correct size boxes very difficult.

So here we go...after cleaning the cooler and letting it dry...I bought the cedar planks from WoodCraft just as Paul did. I then cut the planks to the correct length to create the shelving on my Hand Miter Saw.

Now my little twist...I want to "some" air circulation so I drill small holes in the Spanish Cedar shelves...

Now I need something to hold cigars...and these boxes will fill up a good portion of the space...but I don't want to take up everything...I take off the tops of the boxes to stay open. And in order to work with the holes in the shelving...I drill large holes in the bottoms of the Boxes. A little cleanup and the boxes will be ready.

We can see everything as it looks in the Wine Cooler.

Now to humidify, you can see I have a Tupperware bowl full of Heartfelt Beads...and in order to circulate the air I have the following. I have a small USB fan that connects to a converter that connects to an Outlet Timer. I can program the outlet timer down to the minute. I will probably program the timer to go off for 1 minute twice a day to start and cut back if necessary...

Hope you enjoyed the project....

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

SenorPablo

Very cool Pete!  Nice job!  I love these kinds of projects.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

wescat

Good job Pete, when you loading it with smokes?
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

PETE314

Quotewescat - 7/20/2012  10:16 PM

Good job Pete, when you loading it with smokes?
As Soon As Possible!!!!!!   LOL...You guys might see the Tuppedor on top of the Wine Cooler...I want to transfer what is in there to the Wineador as soon as I know it is holding a constant humidity...thats probably a good 20 sticks or so...And then I will probably fill the rest as money allows...Or at least before the debt collectors catch me... :shooter:

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

toby2

looks well thought out! nice!!!!

ntanner

nice job, good looking set up.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

PETE314

cocon

WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

Robert LG

I missed this the first time around(probably because the front page is loaded up with passes and bombs).  Very nice work Pete!

Just diggin' at ya Rich, I'm not real big on them either.
Rob

ROTHNH

QuoteRobert LG - 8/23/2012  12:01 AM

I missed this the first time around(probably because the front page is loaded up with passes and bombs).  Very nice work Pete!

Just diggin' at ya Rich, I'm not real big on them either.

LMAO!  That's probably why I missed it too, Rob  :biggrin:

Great job Pete!  That there is a great and well thought out Vinodor that likely didn't cost you a whole lot.  I love it -- it's all about value and the return on investment   ;-)

stillwater

now that is one cool project, well done!

irratebass

Very very nice! Congrats!!!
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=irratebass

pferg

very nice. how many sticks could it hold?

ROTHNH

Quotepferg - 8/23/2012  2:27 PM

very nice. how many sticks could it hold?

From the picture of the boxes inside his vinodor, looks like about 100 sticks or so.

PETE314

My guesstimate is a minimum of 100 with minimal stacking...and probably a max of 175(possibly more)....but I am not even close to filling right now so they are just guestimates....

ahaus

Posts like this are an inspiration.  Well done and great pics that could easily be turned in to a how to.

1sgjeffward

WOW missed this the first time around! Great job Pete looking sharp :bigthumbs:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.