My re-review of the King B.

Started by Duker511, 08/10/2008 05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duker511

A few months ago I bought a box of Arturo Fuente King B (6X55). I had smoked one I got in a sampler a month before that, I liked it alot. After recieving my box, I let them sit in my humi for a couple weeks. After smoking my first one, I was disappointed. It was rolled poorly, big vein, very mild and came unrolled halfway through.

A few days ago, I tried another one, and a few more sinse. What a difference, what a good cigar. The flavor is much richer and more complex.  I know its only been a few months, and the first one I smoked may have been a dud, but I like them alot more now. The first two I smoked(one from the sampler, one from this box) were good, typical mellow Fuentes. Now, these ones are fuller bodied with tons of flavor. They have a great cedar taste with a good amount of spice. They have an earthy wine cask flavor and a rich tobacco aftertaste. They even have a more pungent aroma. Im going to let the rest sit for awhile to see what happens. :biggrin:
Tim

Bob Cordell

Heh, my dad used to own a service station back in the late 60's and early 70's. He dosent smoke but every time I get a package from C-Bid here at work he always says "your King B's are here"

He said back then it was the most expensive cigar he sold and you had to have a buck or two to afford them. I wonder if this is the same cigar?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Duker511

Through some research Ive learned that the King B was a small tavern in Ybor City Florida. The tavern was behind Arturo Fuentes house. It was a place for people in the cigar business to hang out and play dominos and cards, it was not open to the public.. It is long gone now, but Fuente named this cigar in memory of this tavern. The name King B comes from the large Belicoso shape of this cigar. :biggrin:

Ive also learned that the King B debuted at the RTDA in 2005 as a limited addition to the Chateau Fuente line.  :biggrin:
Tim

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.