Diggin' the Geek Android App

Started by GarCar, 08/16/2012 08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GarCar

I DL'd the Cigar Geeks app for Android a month or so ago and undertook the task of recording all my stash into the online humidor feature here. I gotta say the 2 features together have made my cigar accountability life much easier. I do a little traveling almost every week and before heading out, I pick out my sticks for the journey and place them in my travel humi. It is so easy to move them from one to the other and send the smoked sticks to the Smoked list. I've even broke my larger humis down to individual drawer locations & for once, I feel I've got a handle on my 1600+ stick stash.

Kudos to our fearless leader!

SenorPablo

Thanks for the positive feedback Carl!  It was certainly a much bigger effort than I originally thought.  I'm glad you find value in it.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

NebNorse

Heck, it was the app that led me to the web site... which I must say both are top notch all the way.  I love the database, "My Humidor", and the forms.  I am learning much more this time around then I did 4 years ago.
"I'll come back as soon as I can with as much as I can. In the meantime, you've got to hold!" - As spoken to General Wainright by General MacArthur in March of 1942

My Cigar smells better than YOUR FEEDLOT!

toby2

i'm doing the iPhone/iPad's so i have that version. one of my vendors wants us to use the iPad for sales so i got the phone too. anyway i wish i had the time to use the app. its how i found this sight too. i need a personal assistant but Steph says if an applicant has worked for Hooters i can't hire them. :-(

Cfickter

I use the Apple version and love it.  I let it go for a while and it got pretty inaccurate.  Re-did the inventory a few weeks ago.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

T O P L E S S

I just dl'ed it myself today. One question for those who are  knowledgeable, is it possible to update my humi from app to site? Im aware that the app can be synced  to my account.
uh ahh uh ah uh aah uh huh?

1sgjeffward

QuoteT O P L E S S - 10/26/2012  12:58 AM

I just dl'ed it myself today. One question for those who are  knowledgeable, is it possible to update my humi from app to site? Im aware that the app can be synced  to my account.

Yes you can set it to where it will update from the app.

Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

jimmyG

I have the Android version and think its great, now when i'm out and about i can use my on line humidor its fantastic and thanks for coming up with this great extra to this site. :cool:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.