Pere Magloire Grand Pommier XS Calvados

Started by Ken Kelley, 09/02/2012 04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Kelley

Look at this! A bottle of high end Calvados with an AF Opus X Forbidden X shoved up its ass!  :-0

http://cigarinthebottle.com/cigarjack.html

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

toby2

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Ken Kelley

Quotelubrix - 9/2/2012  6:01 PM

How much $$$?.

Fox news says it runs about $350/bottle. The bottle looks like it doesn't hold much so the per ounce price is probably pretty high. Certainly wouldn't want to spill any...or mix it with 7-Up or something.

Pere Magloire Grand Pommier XS Calvados
$350

The Grand Pommier, or Great Apple Tree, is an Extra Special Reserve Calvados with a subtle, refined spirit and a full-bodied finish of apple wood and spice, without the use of any preservatives or additives. Since 1821, the legendary French Père Magloire Calvados Distillery has been producing world-class product, and now delivers a complete after-dinner event in a bottle. As a present is not fully wrapped without a bow, so does the Fuente Forbidden X cigar encapsulated in the specially designed bottle provide the finishing touch to a perfect pairing with this extraordinary Grand Pommier XS Calvados. Here's finally a design with substance in both the stellar spirit and the accompanying world-class cigar. It's a great way to finish an evening — or start a party.

Brlesq

Originally $250, but its now more rare.  Can still be found a few places for around $300.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Ken Kelley

QuoteBrlesq - 9/2/2012  6:48 PM

Originally $250, but its now more rare.  Can still be found a few places for around $300.

$300 will buy a whooooole bunch of the local "Kentucky Enchanted Spring Water".  :biggrin:

ROTHNH

I'm with you there, Ken!  It's definitely a collectable but, reminiscing back more than 25 years ago, I brought back a few bottles of some very good Calvados from Normandy, thinking I'd hold on to them for life's momentous occasions ... I was wrong.  Those bottles lasted me less than a year.  Of course, none of the Calvados I can find around here now come close ... oh well.

lubrix

$350 for that.I just want the cigar but it seems like too much trouble to pour that dirty liquid out to get the cigar!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Ken Kelley

Quotelubrix - 9/2/2012  7:44 PM

$350 for that.I just want the cigar but it seems like too much trouble to pour that dirty liquid out to get the cigar!.

Looks to me like the cigar is installed from the bottom with a plastic cap covering the hole. So all you'd have to do is take off the bottle cap then invert to fetch the cigar. The dirty liquid will take care of itself.  :biggrin:

1sgjeffward

QuoteAlphairon - 9/2/2012  5:05 PM

QuoteBrlesq - 9/2/2012  6:48 PM

$300 will buy a whooooole bunch of the local "Kentucky Enchanted Spring Water".  :biggrin:

:word: will buy a few bottles AND some pretty d@mn good cigars  :-0
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Cfickter

I am looking for something lest expensive. Perhaps a White Owl shoved up Dr Pepper!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Ken Kelley

QuoteCfickter - 9/2/2012  9:32 PM

I am looking for something lest expensive. Perhaps a White Owl shoved up Dr Pepper!

A Gurkha Black Dragon robusto in a Keith Stone Light!  :biggrin:

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.