Rare Opus X's for sale!

Started by CubanoHabano, 09/18/2012 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CubanoHabano

Each of these (minus the Fuente Story) are from the Fuente Charitable Family Box from 2008 and come with their own wooden coffins, these are next to impossible to find as singles.  If you're interested please send me a private message.

Rising X - $50
Love Story - $50
Princesa D - $50
Reserva d' Chateau - $50
Forbidden X Toro - $50
Scorpio - $50
Serie XX - $50
Perfecxion X - $50

Opus X "The Fuente Story" Aged Selection - $125

Thanks!

Ryan

nirab

I about choked on my tasty Curivari seeing those prices!   Thanks for the offer, but too rich for this average American.    :-0  :-0
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

MT21

Outta my league but I wish you the best.  I know that there are BOTL's who are very financially well off who would be interested.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

jharrisx5

Man...those are some super premium sticks!  I think these originally sold for $1000 for a box of 22...I don't think I've ever seen singles sell as low as $50.  Good luck on the sale!!
Puff Puff Give....

SenorPablo

I don't think they are bad in terms of price at just over $15 a stick.  These things are hard to find and run over $30 a stick average in the Charitable Foundation package.  I'm very tempted.  :-)

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

sjn1117

oh so nice but way outta my league
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

cmmayo

Prices not bad at all. The B&M in town is charging $45 per stick for the 2011 editions...

Of course, I am officially done buying cigars for quite awhile. Hell, I even cancelled my order at CI for a box of the Melanio Figurados that was on backorder (which I'm glad they were willing to do).

Still... nice offer.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Brlesq

QuoteSenorPablo - 9/18/2012  11:28 PM

I don't think they are bad in terms of price at just over $15 a stick.  These things are hard to find and run over $30 a stick average in the Charitable Foundation package.  I'm very tempted.  :-)

-Paul

Where are cigars like this at $15/stick? That would be a great price that I would jump on as well. :confused:

All I see are $50/stick cigars above and a collection of 4 for $125 (which isn't a bad price at 20% off MSRP for the Fuente Story box).
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

toby2

i watched some get to about $670.00 a box at auction a few times last month and was tempted to pick one up myself. i've been trying to fatten up my pipe collection of late so i didn't.

burning a $50 is over the edge for me.

Ken Kelley

Yeah, pretty pricey but people are free to buy anything they want at any price they care to pay. My own preference is to use that $50 I would spend on one OPUS X of this stripe to buy a box of Punch London Club maduros with enough change left over for a Subway samwich. Come to think of it, I need to start laying in my winter supply of London Clubs. Thanks for reminding me!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

junglepete

QuoteBrlesq - 9/19/2012  6:59 AM

-Paul

Where are cigars like this at $15/stick? That would be a great price that I would jump on as well. :confused:

All I see are $50/stick cigars above and a collection of 4 for $125 (which isn't a bad price at 20% off MSRP for the Fuente Story box).

I didn't get Paul's math either??  :confused:  :-)
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

SenorPablo

Quotejunglepete - 9/19/2012  8:37 AM

QuoteBrlesq - 9/19/2012  6:59 AM

-Paul

I didn't get Paul's math either??  :confused:  :-)

Yeah.  Sorry guys.  Too late at night and a few too many beers maybe.  I read too fast and I thought he was saying $125 fior the whole thing.  And too think Math was my strong pont in College.   :confused:
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ntanner

nice, but out of my budget no matter what math i use.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nirab

Quotentanner - 9/19/2012  8:39 AM

nice, but out of my budget no matter what math i use.

ditto. BTW, I am by no means knocking this offer. If I could afford an indulgence of this sort, I would most definitely jump at the chance to try one of these elusive cigars.  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ROTHNH

Offered at a fair price, Ryan.  As for what it's worth, beyond affordability considerations, it's still all about what an aficionado is willing to pay for rare smokes such as these.

87North

If I had a fat stack of cash and didn't have other things in the works that I have to pay for, I'd be tempted...  Sadly I don't have the first and have plenty of the latter.  :confused:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

nkowal

Man that's a lot.

But tempted....

But I've spent way too much recently.

But tempted...

Jackal

Those are some really cool vitolas. I love some of those shapes.  Wish that I could afford them right now.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Vroomp

That's probably a reasonable price for the 2008's but, I'll stick with the Fuente Fuente's for $18.
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

CubanoHabano

To everyone, I know that $50 isn't cheap especially when you consider you're basically just rolling it up and smoking it anyway but you're paying for more than an amazing cigar, you're paying for the name, the exclusivity and the age.  Most people don't take the time to properly age a cigar like they should and that makes all of the difference in the world!!  These cigars are almost 5 years old in addition to being extremely rare versions of Opus.  It's not a cigar you buy in order to smoke it on Tuesday night after work, you buy this to keep in your humidor as a statement and conversation piece or for a very special occasion.  

I've been lucky enough to have owned a few boxes of this particular set of Opus and I can honestly say they are most definitely worth every penny in exchange for the personal experience and the being able to say you've tried one.  These cigars are certainly not for everyone, it takes a real aficionado to just once pass up on a handful of his/her favorite everyday smokes for the opportunity to try something as unique and special as these cigars!!

chief791

I will take all of them. As soon as my Powerball numbers come in.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

TatuajeKid

Would you consider a volume discount or possibly a trade and cash?  You know I like the good stuff, and you know I have some good stuff you like.  I also have a little cash.  I would be interested in the larger cigars like the reserve d chateau or toro like sizes.  PM me my friend and we can do some business again.  I just got my hands on some very rare Atabey tubos.  Look them up!  Look forward to hearing from you Ryan.

Kevin
"A black belt only covers two inches of your ass. You have to cover the rest." - Royce Gracie

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=TatuajeKid

CubanoHabano

I'll be in touch Kevin, always a pleasure doing business with you!

nobozos

ryan...i am new to this board.   did you sell those cigars?

CubanoHabano

Several rare Opus are still available, also have several Litto Gomez #3's I'd be willing to sell.  Send me a message if interested and I'll send you a list of what I still have.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.