Sync humidors don't work from iPhone

Started by stefanjson, 11/03/2012 04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stefanjson

When I add a cigarr in my iPhone app (iOS 6.0.1) and then perform a sync, the cigar is not added to my Online humidor. Why?
If I add a cigar at my Online humidor and then sync, the humidor in the app is updated and the new cigar is added.  :-(

SenorPablo

Hi Stefan.  I'll contact you via PM with some questions and suggestions.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

bmac7754

Quotestefanjson - 11/3/2012  5:49 AM  When I add a cigarr in my iPhone app (iOS 6.0.1) and then perform a sync, the cigar is not added to my Online humidor. Why? If I add a cigar at my Online humidor and then sync, the humidor in the app is updated and the new cigar is added.  :-(

If you just downloaded the app, go back and see if the update is available. This fixed that problem last week

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

nkowal

Ottofanten

I have The same problem Pütt in all My cigars in The App for iPad but Wien i sync it sync it not showing up on The web?
I want to do that becus The App is easy to put up new cigars in.

Longhorn

QuoteOttofanten - 1/4/2013  7:37 AM

I have The same problem Pütt in all My cigars in The App for iPad but Wien i sync it sync it not showing up on The web?
I want to do that becus The App is easy to put up new cigars in.

You have to use the Overwrite All function when synching to ensure what is on the web is preserved as the master record.  If the mobile device is the master record (most recently updated) then perform sync without Overwrite All on.

The original post is a new one - Paul is good about responding and tracking down issues when they arise.

BTW, welcome to the site.:cigarman:

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Ottofanten

Thanks Longhorn.

But it not working all i put in on The App don't comeback to The web.
But not fr.o.m. The App to The web.

Don't fiende any uppdated App.
Get it 2days ago.

Regards
Jonny

:-(  :-(

SenorPablo

Hi Jonny.  I'll PM you for some more details.

-Paul

QuoteOttofanten - 1/4/2013  9:56 AM

Thanks Longhorn.

But it not working all i put in on The App don't comeback to The web.
But not fr.o.m. The App to The web.

Don't fiende any uppdated App.
Get it 2days ago.

Regards
Jonny

:-(  :-(
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

robinsp

I am having similar sync problems. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information for you to create a fix or work-around.
(I am an iOS app professional so don't worry about getting very technical.)

/R

blondie

Been using the app for a few months now, and have run into a problem with sync since upgrading to iPhone 5.  I have 4 entries that will not display properly on the iphone.  All the data is there, but the Brand and Cigar are missing.  qty, days in humidor, purchase date, all show up, just no cigar name.  It still works on my ipad2 with no problems.  I have deleted the app and re-installed it, but same problem.  I'm stumped, and blame apple. :)

SenorPablo

Quoteblondie - 1/7/2013  1:21 PM

Been using the app for a few months now, and have run into a problem with sync since upgrading to iPhone 5.  I have 4 entries that will not display properly on the iphone.  All the data is there, but the Brand and Cigar are missing.  qty, days in humidor, purchase date, all show up, just no cigar name.  It still works on my ipad2 with no problems.  I have deleted the app and re-installed it, but same problem.  I'm stumped, and blame apple. :)

Hi Phil.  This sounds like you have cigars that are not downloaded yet to the Cigar DB on your phone.  Try doing a Cigar Database update and see if they show up.

-Paul

BigTA

Just to throw in my 2 cents, It works fine off of my IPAD
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

blondie

QuoteSenorPablo - 1/7/2013  12:32 PM

Quoteblondie - 1/7/2013  1:21 PM

Hi Phil.  This sounds like you have cigars that are not downloaded yet to the Cigar DB on your phone.  Try doing a Cigar Database update and see if they show up.

-Paul

This worked.  Thanks Paul!  Took several download attempts to get through the update of the database though.  Not sure what was going on there, but all is well now.

TheSmokedBlade

I'm unable to get my inventory to sync with digital humidor/s here on the site; the app is up to date in all respects. Since my phone will keep the master record, so I know not to perform "overwrite all"; I've attempted to synchronize via differential and full, and nothing appears here on the site at all. Concurrently one of the cigars that I've entered into one of my humidors isn't currently in the database here, though I did submit it; so I manually entered the cigar, would that be the root of the issue or is it something else? Help?
something should go here, I've no witty banter to employ, so enjoy, my ploy... got nothin

SenorPablo

SenorPablo

Applied another fix to the server.  Hopefully resolves issues for the few still having them.  PM if you still have any issues.

-Paul

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.