Wake Up, its contest time!!!

Started by Duker511, 09/06/2008 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duker511

Im not sure if there is any interest, but this is my bad attempt at a Cigar Geeks scavenger hunt of sorts. It shouldnt be too hard, but you never know.

This is open to everyone. First one with all 10 right answers gets a grab bag of cigars  from me. :dancing:  All the answers are right in front of you, on this site, good luck.

1) On what date did I review the Cohiba XV 749?

2) Back in May, who sponsored the cigar event in Mckinney Texas?

3) What did the old farmer bring with him to bring back some fruit?

4)While in Columbus Ohio, who did Senor Pablo find out was a "big cigar fan"?

5) What cigar (brand and size) did Larry(ljlemer) pull out to celebrate his new Expert status?

6) What newbie claimed to be from the state with the "highest cigar tax in the nation"?

7) What kind of gin did Turboknat use in his Martini when he smoked his third Cuban Crafters Cameroon?

8) What brand of humidor was emind56 saving his pennies for?

9) According to Cigar Geeks, when you light your cigar with a "spill" what is a spill made from?

10) What bands name is on Piemans shirt when he did his drunk Kareeokee?

If you search around, you will easily find the answers. If nobody gets them by Monday at 5pm EST, the most right answers will win. :dancing:
Tim

minesman

Alright - I am on the wagon and I am bored.
Thanks for the contest Duker.

Here are my answers. Win or lose - thanks for filling up the past hour of my "definitely not enjoying a cigar" life.

All the answers are right in front of you, on this site, good luck.

1) On what date did I review the Cohiba XV 749? 3/11/08

2) Back in May, who sponsored the cigar event in Mckinney Texas? Tabacalera Perdomo

3) What did the old farmer bring with him to bring back some fruit? 5 gallon bucket

4)While in Columbus Ohio, who did Senor Pablo find out was a "big cigar fan"? his GM

5) What cigar (brand and size) did Larry(ljlemer) pull out to celebrate his new Expert status? OPUS X

6) What newbie claimed to be from the state with the "highest cigar tax in the nation"? 5GEORGED

7) What kind of gin did Turboknat use in his Martini when he smoked his third Cuban Crafters Cameroon? BOMBAY SAPPHIRE
8) What brand of humidor was emind56 saving his pennies for? ARISTOCRAT

9) According to Cigar Geeks, when you light your cigar with a "spill" what is a spill made from? FLAMES FROM A MARTINI

10) What bands name is on Piemans shirt when he did his drunk Kareeokee? POGUES

ljlemer

I have a quiz:

1) Who is sitting across from me?

2) Where was I this evening?

3) Why is my cellphone turned off?

4) What part of me is itching now?

5) Where am I sitting?

6) What is the condition of the water container in my iguana's cage?

7) Which of my pets lies frozen in my freezer?

8) Who did I speak to today for the first time in about 2 years?

9) What am I wearing?

10) What planet do I come from?

The winner will instincively know what his prize is.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Duker511

almost minesman, all but one, #9.
Tim

Duker511

Quoteljlemer - 9/7/2008  2:32 AM

I have a quiz:

1) Who is sitting across from me?  Most likely, nobody

2) Where was I this evening?  The proctologist

3) Why is my cellphone turned off? Nobody ever calls

4) What part of me is itching now?  your palms

5) Where am I sitting?  on a pedestal

6) What is the condition of the water container in my iguana's cage? If uncirculated, probably not good.

7) Which of my pets lies frozen in my freezer? Your first 7 wives

8) Who did I speak to today for the first time in about 2 years?  your wife

9) What am I wearing?  YUCK

10) What planet do I come from? None we have ever heard of

The winner will instincively know what his prize is.
Tim

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

mhuss

Tim, I don't think I could have done any better.  I think you most definitely deserve the prize for that!

Duker511

I instinctively know I will get no prize :sad:
Tim

stogie_foggie

I'm sitting here at the airport waiting for a flight and thought I would give this a try.  Here are my answers:

1) On what date did I review the Cohiba XV 749? 3/11/08 - 4.5 stars

2) Back in May, who sponsored the cigar event in Mckinney Texas? Tabacalera Perdomo

3) What did the old farmer bring with him to bring back some fruit? 5 gallon bucket

4)While in Columbus Ohio, who did Senor Pablo find out was a "big cigar fan"? his GM

5) What cigar (brand and size) did Larry(ljlemer) pull out to celebrate his new Expert status? Opus X

6) What newbie claimed to be from the state with the "highest cigar tax in the nation"? 5Georged

7) What kind of gin did Turboknat use in his Martini when he smoked his third Cuban Crafters Cameroon? Bombay Sapphire

8) What brand of humidor was emind56 saving his pennies for? Aristocrat

9) According to Cigar Geeks, when you light your cigar with a "spill" what is a spill made from? Flames from the alcohol in the gin (before you make the martini)

10) What bands name is on Piemans shirt when he did his drunk Kareeokee? Pogues (I think.  Boston, Irish, enough said)

Thanks for the fun refresher of the site and for alowing me to kill some time sitting at the airport.  Have to start geting more involved again.
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

Duker511

Well, both of you that answered the questions got #9 wrong, it was a piece of cedar used to light your cigar. So its a tie and Im feeling generous, minesman and stogie foggie, PM me your addresses, Ill send something out to both of you guys. :biggrin:
Tim

Duker511

Well, I gave running a contest a try. It turned out less than I expected, I guess with the lack of posting around here lately, people are busy. I will try more contests in the future. Thanks to the two guys that did play along, your cigars will be sent soon. :biggrin:
Tim

minesman

Appreciate the contest.
Hopefully people are'nt posting a lot because they're out enjoying the remainder of summer.

That will change soon

mhuss

Quoteminesman - 9/9/2008  6:17 PM
Hopefully people are'nt posting a lot because they're out enjoying the remainder of summer.

That will change soon

Then you'll get a lot of chat here on the site, because folks won't be able to get outdoors and enjoy as many smokes.

podman28

Even better though with wireless because I can be outside, chat, smoke and maybe even enjoy a cocktail.  :drinking:  :smoker:  :biggrin:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.