Humidor Vault FAIL

Started by Longhorn, 11/16/2012 05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longhorn

Humidor Vault, with the e-shop moniker "For the Discriminating Cigar Aficionado", just earned a "FLAME" post from me.

- Placed order online October 28 for an item they showed in stock with the tag line "Usually Ships in 1 - 2 Business Days" (more on that in a minute).
- Email confirmation received within minutes.
- Credit card charged within minutes.
- Notice that order shipped...?

Finally called them on day 15 to inquire.  IVR nightmare and then VM during business hours. So I send an email inquiring about my order - email response within an hour - they're answering emails but not the phone?

Bottom line, they advertised availability and shipping in 1-2 days - The FTC is clear on the practice of advertising ship times (even if you say "usually").  If you fail to meet your advertised offer, you MUST notify the customer.

The package is now in transit and expected to deliver on Monday - 22 days after I placed the order and they took my money.

For the Discriminating Cigar Aficionado?  You bet!  I'm never visiting their site again.  :loser:

lubrix

That bites! thanks for the heads up.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

gitfiddl

I may have ordered from them once or twice, but I've ordered from their sister-sites (cheaphumidors.com and buylighters.com) aplenty and have never had any issues.  Just my .02.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

toby2

that sucks!

yeah i've had real good service from cheaphumidors.com too. i like their name your price thing. works great.

Longhorn

Quotegitfiddl - 11/16/2012  6:40 PM

I may have ordered from them once or twice, but I've ordered from their sister-sites (cheaphumidors.com and buylighters.com) aplenty and have never had any issues.  Just my .02.

I've also had good experiences with CheapHumidors.com.  LLC search didn't reveal they are associated - you sure?

lowpro75

Dave thinks all companies with "humidor" in the name are related.  I think Ron Perelman owns humidor vault, he used to run cigarcyclopedia before it went under.  I hope you get your issues resolved.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

gitfiddl

QuoteLonghorn - 11/16/2012  7:02 PM

Quotegitfiddl - 11/16/2012  6:40 PM

I've also had good experiences with CheapHumidors.com.  LLC search didn't reveal they are associated - you sure?

I couldn't swear to it, but I was under that impression.  Try Dave Sabot.  If they aren't, at one point I believe they shipped out of the same warehouse.  As for a LLC search, my wife would be upset if she caught me doing a search for "Lonely Latin Cootchie"... :-0

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

nwb

Chief of Shaft

ntanner

bad service drives me nut's.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

billy82

Quotenwb - 11/16/2012  8:02 PM

That bites.   :mad:

BIG TIME!!!!!
But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

mikehar

i hate when stuff like this happens...good looking out.

mpurtle01

That's no good Longhorn, thanks for the heads up.  Will steer clear as well.  I had one issue with cheaphumidors, when I ordered a package deal with a free bundle of Gurkha Vipers with a humi, I wanted the Vipers, which is why I ordered it.  Instead of telling me they were out of stock they just replaced them with another Gurkha cigar which I didn't want and mailed them off.  When I emailed them their final answer was 'sorry were out of stock'. My response was 'so I get what I get and I don't throw a fit?'  They literally tried to make no effort to offer me something else I may want, give me a discount, nothing.  Very not impressive business habits.  Makes me not trust them as a company.  Now that I know buylighters.com and humidorvault are sister companies and these are their tendencies....   One more to avoid.  Their products are a dime a dozen and can be found at much more trustworthy sites.  Geez, it's not like their Victoria's Secret or something and have a huge brand name to back them up!  :biggrin:

1sgjeffward

Always amazes me how streamlined and effective their systems and equipment is at taking your money but never at resolving your issues :angry:

As far as them being associated maybe or maybe not! I know for instance the towers they all sell are made by the same company and drop shipped from that manufacturer. So that may be the case with some stuff being shipped from the same location.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

cibolodave

Bummer. Hope wait makes up for the fiasco

Longhorn

This original was posted November 16th last year.  The item finally showed, but it took 3 weeks. Haven't placed an order with them since.

BFry Cigar Guy

Thanks for the heads up, now I know which sites to avoid!
Ben

jimmyG

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.