Guess my Poker wins/losses Contest

Started by SenorPablo, 09/28/2008 09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Well, I think it's time for another contest.  This will be a somewhat simpler one.  I played poker last weekend.  What was my total win/loss?

Some help: We played with a quarter ante and it was dealer's choice as well as a couple of small ($5 and $10) Texan Hold'em tournaments.  The game went on for about 6 hours with 4 people.  I walked away with a total win/loss that ended in an even dollar amount (no cents.)

Rules: Not more than 2 guesses per day per person.  Guess either a total dollar amount in wins or losses (or 1 of each).  Specify whether you are guessing a win :dancing: or loss :cry:.  At the end of the day Wednesday, the closest person's guess will take the booty (tie goes to the person under versus over, if the 2 closest guesses are equally higher and lower than the true amount.)

The Booty:
Opus X xXx (Power Ranger)
5 Vegas Miami Toro
CI Legends Series Camacho - White
Don Diego Grande
Don Pepin Garcia Imperiales

Good Luck!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

junglepete

Okay...I,ll take a crack at it!

You won $4.00

You lost $4.00

Thanks for the fun!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Twinky

I'll say you came away with 25$
"Smoking cigars don't make you cool. Being cool makes you smoke cigars" -Me

Duker511

Tim

Bob Cordell

You won 36 bux or  you lost 25 bux!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

minesman

qman22

I would say you either won $30 or won $60
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

junglepete

Okay, here is my guess for today.

You won a single buck !

You won $50.00

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

stogie_foggie

OK.  I would say you either won 10 bucks or lost 40 bucks... pretty much could be anything  :biggrin:

Good contest!
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

nupike

I'd say you either won $8 or you lost $2

SenorPablo

Quotestogie_foggie - 9/29/2008  11:48 AM

OK.  I would say you either won 10 bucks or lost 40 bucks... pretty much could be anything  :biggrin:

Good contest!

Hmmm...maybe it was a little too easy, or stogie is a great guesser.  He's got it right.  I won a whopping $10 for my 6 hours.  Congrats!  I'll send out to the address you have in your profile, unless you tell me otherwise.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

stogie_foggie

QuoteSenorPablo - 9/29/2008  11:16 AM

Quotestogie_foggie - 9/29/2008  11:48 AM

Good contest!

Hmmm...maybe it was a little too easy, or stogie is a great guesser.  He's got it right.  I won a whopping $10 for my 6 hours.  Congrats!  I'll send out to the address you have in your profile, unless you tell me otherwise.

-Paul

WOW!  A pure guess - that's usually what I do - play all night and win or lose $5.  One time I played in those "for fun" tournaments with play money and lost about $500 in about an hour.  Maybe the fact that it was play money had something to do with it  :biggrin:

Thanks for the great contest.
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

junglepete

I figured it would probably be a win and not too high either. Not many people would make a public game out of a poker loss. I thought it would be on the lower end too, just a guess in that I can remeber playing some long games andf coming out ahead by a couple of bucks. Well, thanks for the fun anyway, that was very generous of you to keep us motivated.  :bigthumbs:
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

Congrats on your lucky guess!!  :dancing:
Guru of Frugality

podman28

Absolutely. Congrats on your guess and nice prize. Enjoy.  :dancing:  :dancing:

SenorPablo

Yeah.   I was thinking about after i posted it and thought you guys would figure it was a win or else why would i remember it.  Then with a quarter ante, it usually doesn't go too high.  Although last winter we played one game of "between the sheets" (aka acey deucey) and the pot went up to like $70.  It was painful to watch people lose so much, especially since i was dealer and called the game.

We usually play once a month or so.  So maybe next time it will be a loss and i'll be willing to talk about it.  ;-)

-Paul

minesman

WTG stogie.

Pablo I had you walking off with enough for a box of cigars at least.....

Duker511

Tim

texlewee

" The only thing better than a good cigar is ANOTHER good cigar. "

" What a pleasant stain comes from an enemy's blood.  "

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=texlewee

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.