Illusione's Rothschild Near Release

Started by nwb, 01/13/2013 09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

http://www.halfwheel.com/news-illusiones-rothchildes-release/
http://cigarbrief.com/cigars/illusione-makes-plans-to-expand-their-line-to-the-masses/9165/

Illusione's newest cigar should be appearing soon according to Dion Giolito. Earlier this year, a post by Giolito indicated the 4 1/2 x 50 Illusione Rothchildes would be available in "the Ides of March," but a new post today hinted they might be available "sooner than you had planned." News of the cigar first appeared late last year after Big Smoke, but details remained shaky at the time.

The original post, titled "An Old Beginning," read:

New is old. Forward is backward. Making arrangements is necessary when confronting the all-kontroling. We have here for the loyal masses – a cigar –  'Illusione Rothchildes'  - a classic 4 1/2 x 50 ring of long filler Nicaraguan tobacco led by a decadent maduro wrapper. New yet familiar, our new release will please the palate and the pocketbook. A stand alone cigar. A stand alone size. A stand alone brand. The powers that be deliver this cigar to you in the Ides of March.

Now Rothchildes appears on the Illusione website alongside the rest of his portfolio with the following message:

Look here, see everywhere. They will appear sooner than you had planned.

Giolito told halfwheel the Rothchildes, which are made at the Tabacos Valle de Jalapa S.A. (TABSA) factory in Estelí, Nicaragua, will retail for $3.99 per cigar and sold in cabinets of 50 cigars.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

As an admitted Illusione ho, I'm really looking forward to trying these.  Great price point, too.
Chief of Shaft

nirab

Quotenwb - 1/13/2013  9:44 AM

As an admitted Illusione ho, I'm really looking forward to trying these.  Great price point, too.

DITTO!  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Smurf

:drool: i'm gona have to try these as well !
orbis non sufficit

Greenfairypipe

Quotenwb - 1/13/2013  7:44 AM

I'm right with you.  I think I'll order a cab before trying.  It's more fun that way.  In my opinion, Dion has never made a bad cigar.
Wolfeman

"After the first glass of absinthe you see things as you wish they were. After the second you see them as they are not. Finally you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world."
- Oscar Wilde

1sgjeffward

QuoteGreenfairypipe - 1/13/2013  11:19 AM

I'm right with you.  I think I'll order a cab before trying.  It's more fun that way.  In my opinion, Dion has never made a bad cigar.

VERY true! Haven't struck out yet with one of their releases and is always better to get em quick before the price starts to creep up!
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Ken Kelley

Sounds verrrrrry, interesting!  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Longhorn

"The Rothschild is rumored to be around $4.00 a stick and will come in boxes of 50."

Don't know I'd buy 50 right off the bat, but would be willing to split a box with several of you as soon as I can find a box.

Foe

QuoteLonghorn - 1/13/2013  11:07 AM

"The Rothschild is rumored to be around $4.00 a stick and will come in boxes of 50."

Don't know I'd buy 50 right off the bat, but would be willing to split a box with several of you as soon as I can find a box.

Think of me if you split a box...I doubt I could fit a cabinet in my coolerdor...

ljlemer

Illusione is, for me at least, that rare great cigar with nasty juices. What that means in practice is I have to smoke it dry. If I moisten the head, sour juices leech out. Luckily, it's delicious dry!
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

nwb

Quote1sgjeffward - 1/13/2013  1:25 PM
QuoteGreenfairypipe - 1/13/2013  11:19 AM

VERY true! Haven't struck out yet with one of their releases and is always better to get em quick before the price starts to creep up!

I've yet to try any Illusione release that I thought was bad.  They all rate from very good to excellent for me, although I find some of the rarer cigars might not be worth the price.

Oh, and I'd be interested in a split once they are released. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

1sgjeffward

Quotenwb - 1/13/2013  12:34 PM

Oh, and I'd be interested in a split once they are released. :biggrin:

:word: I would be good for about 20 or so out of a cab.
Jeff

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

nirab

I'd like a 5pk if anyone would like to split a box... :?:  :cool:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

lubrix

----
Guru of ruining the moment.

ntanner

Id be in for a fiver if you guy's are doing a split.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nkowal

Illusione = I'm in for a cab split obviously.

toby2

I'm in for the spare ifin there be one...

nwb

With the amount of splits going on, they will sell out Day 1.... :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

cibolodave

toby2

podman has some now or did an hour ago

1sgjeffward

Quotetoby2 - 4/19/2013  6:35 PM

podman has some now or did an hour ago

NOPE! Looks like they were gone in like the first 30 minutes :-(
Jeff

? André Gide

cibolodave

toby2

Quote1sgjeffward - 4/19/2013  8:56 PM  
Quotetoby2 - 4/19/2013  6:35 PM  podman has some now or did an hour ago

:biggrin: and I helped...

get on Tim's mailing list. it helps

1sgjeffward

Quotetoby2 - 4/19/2013  7:02 PM

Ya I got the email but was out today so wasn't able to jump on em like I did the initial release. I'm just looking for extra on top of my cab I have (YES I'm greedy!). TRUST me if you haven't tried em your gonna want to start looking for more now :biggrin:
Jeff

? André Gide

toby2

Quote1sgjeffward - 4/19/2013  9:11 PM  
Quotetoby2 - 4/19/2013  7:02 PM  

Ya I got the email but was out today so wasn't able to jump on em like I did the initial release. I'm just looking for extra on top of my cab I have (YES I'm greedy!). TRUST me if you haven't tried em your gonna want to start looking for more now :biggrin:

yeah I had one in the cart the first time and stuck to my freeze...  but you guys enabled me once again.

at this point it would take a twelve step program....:cry:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.