Cigar Exchange - ready to roll

Started by DogMan, 01/28/2013 09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogMan

Hey Everyone

Cigar Exchange is slowly getting rolling. We have contributions form three geeks so far - Paul (lubrix), Dale (foe), and Loren (dogman)  - totaling 95 cigars. The more the merrier for this, so at least have a look :-)

btw, I've noticed several geeks recently looking to trade random smokes or the odd 5-pack. This might be a good alternative....

The Concept

Trade those cigars you won't get around to smoking, have overstocked, should never have bought (DevilSite), or just don't care for anymore - without the hassle of finding a trading partner and setting up a trade. Just enter your sticks in the Exchange VH and send them to the exchange, then pick something from the humidor you would like to exchange it for. Pay only actual postage.

The Humidor     The Directions     Current Credits

Loren B Davis

Smurf

orbis non sufficit

lubrix

Looking good,thanks for putting this together Loren.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

1sgjeffward

OK, gotta say looking pretty good so far!! Is there any limit that you want us to keep to? Reason I ask is because if I were to HONESTLY go through ALL my humidors I know the number would be well over 150 :shamebag:

One way or the other going to get a box out to you as soon as I get my 2 passes on the road.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

mike.casey

Quote1sgjeffward - 1/29/2013  5:56 PM

OK, gotta say looking pretty good so far!! Is there any limit that you want us to keep to? Reason I ask is because if I were to HONESTLY go through ALL my humidors I know the number would be will over 150 :shamebag:

One way or the other going to get a box out to you as soon as I get my 2 passes on the road.

I'm wondering the same thing. I also wouldn't want to pay shipping costs as the facilitator. Or is that factored in somehow?

This is a very nice concept. I see you buying a big cooler pretty soon.
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

DogMan

Quotemike.casey - 1/29/2013  4:08 PM

Quote1sgjeffward - 1/29/2013  5:56 PM

OK, gotta say looking pretty good so far!! Is there any limit that you want us to keep to? Reason I ask is because if I were to HONESTLY go through ALL my humidors I know the number would be will over 150 :shamebag:

I'm wondering the same thing. I also wouldn't want to pay shipping costs as the facilitator. Or is that factored in somehow?

This is a very nice concept. I see you buying a big cooler pretty soon.

Hey Guys   -   thanks for the interest.

No, I don't see a limit, as long as you do all the data/humidor entry for both puts and takes. In fact, the bigger the inventory, the more attractive it becomes to participate. I have space for another cooler or two; I may even clean out the old freezer where I keep (parts of) grandma.....

re: postage - you ship to me and, per the directions, reimburse me promptly after I ship your takes
Loren B Davis

1sgjeffward

QuoteDogMan - 1/29/2013  7:03 PM

Hey Guys   -   thanks for the interest.

No, I don't see a limit, as long as you do all the data/humidor entry for both puts and takes. In fact, the bigger the inventory, the more attractive it becomes to participate. I have space for another cooler or two; I may even clean out the old freezer where I keep (parts of) grandma.....

re: postage - you ship to me and, per the directions, reimburse me promptly after I ship your takes

Well after everything calms down will probably shoot you a box of 75 or so just to give something to start with. Thanks a bunch for doing this sounds like it could really be a benefit!
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

nwb

I'm still going to send you some smokes, probably 10-15.  My problem is finding a box - after my recent sales, they are few and far between.

Anyway, I'll try to get something out either this weekend or early next week.  Sorry for the delay.
Chief of Shaft

DogMan

Quotenwb - 1/31/2013  7:02 AM

I'm still going to send you some smokes, probably 10-15.  My problem is finding a box - after my recent sales, they are few and far between.

Anyway, I'll try to get something out either this weekend or early next week.  Sorry for the delay.

Sounds Good.  Any more interested geeks? It'll be a low low cost way to clean up the humi and try something new
Loren B Davis

Foe

Quotelubrix - 1/29/2013  2:03 PM

Looking good,thanks for putting this together Loren.

Yeah, ditto. Here's hoping we have more geeks join in...

DogMan

Another Contributor! NWB has upped our inventory by another 15 cigars (to appear shortly) - thanks Nathan.

Anyone else? I'd love to see cigars going in and out on a regular basis. It'll be like shopping, but without spending cash money.

As a wise geek noted earlier this week, we are really just a group of cigar buying addicts with a smoking problem, so this could help you get your fix
Loren B Davis

pferg

Im interested but seem to like keeping my cigars. If i ever get some that i dont want id deffinitly join in, if you are willing to include us canadians in this.

nwb

I'll add them to the Exchange humidor tomorrow.  Nothing special, but only a couple dog rockets.... :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

nirab

This thing is getting a life of it's own. I was a bit skeptical at first, but you are doing a great job with this!  :bigthumbs: If I can find some I don't want sometime down the road, I know where to turn to.  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

DogMan

Quotepferg - 2/5/2013  7:10 PM

Im interested but seem to like keeping my cigars. If i ever get some that i dont want id deffinitly join in, if you are willing to include us canadians in this.

Canucks Welcome! Shipping isn't so much, and for a small box from a private party, it seems the risk is minimal.
Loren B Davis

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.