New CI Superstore

Started by lowpro75, 01/29/2013 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowpro75

I went up this past weekend with my 2 brothers.  This place is really cool.  Beyond the cigars, there are a couple big seating areas, two bars and 2 levels.  In the summer the place has a ton of deck space as well.  Easily the coolest cigar place I've ever been.  

Here's a couple pictures.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

lubrix

That is real nice.Wish we had something like that in our area.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Robert LG

That looks awesome Rich!! :thumbsup:
Rob

lowpro75

It's about an 1 1/2 hours from me so it is pretty much an all day trip to go and hang out.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

DonM

The PA guys got it going on don't they?  Thanks for the pics

"The Curmudgeon"

Mautrak

That looks very nice.  What is especially appealing is that you can see from one end to the other without straining to see through a cloud of smoke.  It looks like the ventilation system actually works!

mike.casey

QuoteDonM - 1/29/2013  3:18 PM

The PA guys got it going on don't they?  Thanks for the pics

I agree. I'm jealous for sure.
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

Ringadingh

Thats nice! we don't have nothing like that here, unless your in a proper cigar only store, you not even allowed to see the sticks before you buy them. They hand you a catalog to look through and make your choices.

Smurf

Wow Im gona have to check that out next time im out in PA
orbis non sufficit

QuikAF77

With all the seating, do they serve drinks of any sort?
"I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time."
- Mark Twain

"By the cigars they smoke, and the composers they love, ye shall know the texture of men's souls."
- John Galsworthy

BXgreenhorn

Place looks awesome. Enjoy!!

Otter

Quotelowpro75 - 1/29/2013  4:17 PM

It's about an 1 1/2 hours from me so it is pretty much an all day trip to go and hang out.

Its funny how perspective changes based on where you live, I've been here in DC for almost 15 years, if my daily commute home is an 1 1/2 I am doing good.  :smoker2:
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

toby2

lowpro75

QuoteOtter - 2/6/2013  10:29 AM

Its funny how perspective changes based on where you live, I've been here in DC for almost 15 years, if my daily commute home is an 1 1/2 I am doing good.  :smoker2:

My daily commute is usually an hour but sometimes longer due to traffic.  

My point was that given 3 hours round trip, I ideally want to take at least 6 hours to enjoy a couple smokes and a meal there.   :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

wescat

Quotelowpro75 - 2/6/2013  10:08 AM

My point was that given 3 hours round trip, I ideally want to take at least 6 hours to enjoy a couple smokes and a meal there.   :biggrin:

They have a resturant in the store?
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

lowpro75

Quotewescat - 2/6/2013  11:09 AM

There is a Red Robin in the same shopping center that they have partnered with to deliver food.  They have Red Robin menus with the CI logo.  
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

nwb

Looks and sounds like a good place.  Just don't give up your day job to become a photographer.
Chief of Shaft

lowpro75

Quotenwb - 2/6/2013  11:19 AM

Looks and sounds like a good place.  Just don't give up your day job to become a photographer.

Dreamkiller! :cry:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

wescat

Quotelowpro75 - 2/6/2013  10:15 AM

Quotewescat - 2/6/2013  11:09 AM

There is a Red Robin in the same shopping center that they have partnered with to deliver food.  They have Red Robin menus with the CI logo.  

Cool. With no insulation on that roof deck, it must cost out the A$$ for them to HVAC that place.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Otter

Quotelowpro75 - 2/6/2013  11:08 AM

I do a similar thing... plus I look at the expected departure time and balance that with traffic. I miss TX!
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

1029henry

Wow! That looks great, and the notion that customers can enjoy a drink to go with their cigar is exotic and foreign to me, having to exist here in Commiefornia with no smoking anywhere, anytime, except in my garage....

I would love to visit the CI Superstore!
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

lowpro75

Given the comparatively lax smoking ban in PA, there are still a few bars that you can smoke in.  Restaurants are few and far between but both Famous and CI have restaurant/bars that allow (encourage) cigar smoking.  Both are a little over an hour from me.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

wescat

The best cigarbar in my area (Churchill's in Baton Rouge) has a fully stocked bar, and a menu of mostly bar food that they cook on site. The only thing they don't have is draft beer, which I love. It is a very nice place to sit and smoke, about 35 min from my house. I need to snap and post some pics the next time I go; a very manly place, all leather and fine wood appointments, etc.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Vroomp

That place looks cool. Too bad it's so far from home for ya.

Fortunately, we have a great restaurant right down the street that allows smoking and quite a few bars around here but, my favorite Mexican place just removed their smoking section a couple months ago! *&^%!@$$!  Now I have to wait for it to warm up so I can eat and smoke outside on their patio with my Margaritas.

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Longhorn

Quotewescat - 2/6/2013  12:59 PM

The best cigarbar in my area (Churchill's in Baton Rouge) has a fully stocked bar, and a menu of mostly bar food that they cook on site. The only thing they don't have is draft beer, which I love. It is a very nice place to sit and smoke, about 35 min from my house. I need to snap and post some pics the next time I go; a very manly place, all leather and fine wood appointments, etc.

They used to serve steaks there too, didn't they?  It's been about 6 years since I was there, but I recall they had a pretty nice selection of "collector grade" whisky as well...  If it's the same place, it's a great cigar lounge.   :biggrin:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.