Papas Fritas

Started by uplander12ga, 02/08/2013 03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uplander12ga

OK, thanks to BX including a LP Papas Fritas in our last trade, I'm now hooked on them and must have more!  If anyone has an extra tin of them and wants to trade for them, hit me up!
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

Smurf

I have heard great things about these, I havnt had a chance to try the papa fritas, im currently hooked on the baitfish.
orbis non sufficit

uplander12ga

QuoteSmurf - 2/8/2013  5:00 PM

I have heard great things about these, I havnt had a chance to try the papa fritas, im currently hooked on the baitfish.

I won 2 -5'ers of Baitfish on Cbid the other day. Should be here by Monday. I'm sure those will be my next addiction haha!
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it, everything fades away, your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. ~Raul Julia

Smurf

Quoteuplander12ga - 2/8/2013  5:04 PM

QuoteSmurf - 2/8/2013  5:00 PM

I won 2 -5'ers of Baitfish on Cbid the other day. Should be here by Monday. I'm sure those will be my next addiction haha![/QUOT

Don't let the size of these fool you, :cigarman:

they are a good quick smoke!
orbis non sufficit

whodeeni

Good luck with that one brotha. Most people have a problem buying
them in the first place, but It's possible that a brother on here can
hook you up! (Or you might consider purchasing a tin from Tim (podman)
when he gets them in stock. If you go ahead and join the mailing list on his
site. www.podmancigars.com  

Hope that helps! :)
If smoking cigars is on the Darkside, I don't ever
want to see the light!!!

Otter

Quotewhodeeni - 2/11/2013  8:38 PM

I just joined his mailing list. I will keep an eye out for these when/if he gets them back in stock. I have only heard good things about them (except the price).   :smoker2:
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

uplander12ga

Quotewhodeeni - 2/11/2013  8:38 PM

I'm already on his mailing list and you can be sure once he gets them back in stock, I'll be getting my Fritas fix haha!

nirab

I have had a few, and I will admit that it is a fantastic smoke, but I still don't feel the price is right on these puppies.  :-)  :-0
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Robert LG

Quotenirab - 2/11/2013  11:27 PM

I have had a few, and I will admit that it is a fantastic smoke, but I still don't feel the price is right on these puppies.  :-)  :-0

I am right there with you.  I have heard of a price that I would pay for two tins on the Monster but have yet to see it myself.
Rob

tvolball

Quotenirab - 2/12/2013  12:27 AM

X2   I really think they are way overpriced. I've got 2 left out of the tin I bought and if I can't find them for an exceptional deal, I won't have any more.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

nwb

Just out of curiosity, why are they overpriced?  Is it because they are mixed filler, or is it something else about the cigar?

I'm still on the lookout to pick some of these up on Joe's Jam.  $35 for two tins would be nice.
Chief of Shaft

tvolball

Quotenwb - 2/12/2013  7:12 AM

Just out of curiosity, why are they overpriced?  Is it because they are mixed filler, or is it something else about the cigar?

I'm still on the lookout to pick some of these up on Joe's Jam.  $35 for two tins would be nice.

I paid right at $7 per stick tax and all. For what you get, that is high. $35 for two tins is not that bad
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Robert LG

Quotenwb - 2/12/2013  6:12 AM

I paid B&M price for the tin I have.  I just do not feel that they are a $7+ cigar.  There are just too many good cigars that fall at or under that price for me to buy them.  Now at $35 for two tins I am in.  At just over $4 I feel they are priced about right.  Mixed filler in this case does not bother me.  They smoke like a long filler for the most part.  You know how I feel about the Casa Fernandez Arsenio.  It kind of skews my view of more expensive cigars.  They have to be really good for me to buy them in quantity.
Rob

nirab

2 tins for $35 is fair. I consider it a $4 stick, tops. That price makes it close...if freight is free!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nwb

QuoteRobert LG - 2/12/2013  8:44 AM
Quotenwb - 2/12/2013  6:12 AM

I paid B&M price for the tin I have.  I just do not feel that they are a $7+ cigar.  There are just too many good cigars that fall at or under that price for me to buy them.  Now at $35 for two tins I am in.  At just over $4 I feel they are priced about right.  Mixed filler in this case does not bother me.  They smoke like a long filler for the most part.  You know how I feel about the Casa Fernandez Arsenio.  It kind of skews my view of more expensive cigars.  They have to be really good for me to buy them in quantity.

I agree - lots a good to great cigars for the same price.  Now if I could only catch them on the Jam.... :-(
Chief of Shaft

1sgjeffward

Just picked up 2 tins yesterday for $43 and that's about the best deal I have seen (they are out of stock now). With all the good things I have heard about them I was willing to go $5.37ea but I'm with you guys that $7 is just too much.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.