Tatuaje Black Label

Started by podman28, 10/23/2008 10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

podman28

I had read and talked with a couple of people about the Tatuaje Black Label that Pete Johnson released. It seems to be a bit difficult to find and I was wondering if anyone had one that they might be interested in trading. Let me know.

drexeltpd

I think I may have one hidden in my humi.  I'll check when I'm home tonight.

SenorPablo

It was on my list to find when I went to Corona's.  The manager there told me that if you didn't get one by now, you won't find them in stores.  Something about a limited release.  I'm in the same boat.  I've heard a lot of great things about them but haven't been able to get my hands on one.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Duker511

Ive heard alot about them lately also. My buddy has a couple, Im trying to bribe him with some sticks hes wanted to try. Hes smoked three of them so far and says they live up to the hype, we'll see.  :-)
Tim

drexeltpd

Unfortunately I had a Tatuaje Cabinet, not a Black.  Now I'm just bumbed out.

podman28

Quotedrexeltpd - 10/29/2008  7:50 AM

Unfortunately I had a Tatuaje Cabinet, not a Black.  Now I'm just bumbed out.

Don't be bummed out it is still a very high quality smoke. :smoker:

podman28

Ok I have scored a few black labels. I have 2 Tatuaje Black Label Lanceros to trade. If you are interested make me an offer. :dancing:

SenorPablo

Ok dammit.  PM sent.  I've been really wanting to try one of these.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

podman28

Got the pm and we have a deal. I smoked a Black Label Robusto and enjoyed it immensely. It isn't as heavy as some of the others but still great flavor. We need to add the whole line to the database to add in additional reviews. I am sure in a bit SenorPablo will put his 2 cents in as well. :biggrin:

drexeltpd

I saw an unopened ceramic jar of these get sold on ebay today with the best offer feature.  The seller wanted $550 for it. Not sure if they're worth that much but someone must have forked out a pretty penny.  Wish these were available everywhere so I can try one.

podman28

You can get one as part of a sampler from Holt's. I forget the name of the sampler though. I think there were 5 super premium cigars for $75.

Duker511

Its the Royal Flush Sampler, I almost bought it when it was on sale for $60 a few weeks ago. Its still worth the price at $75 though.
1 Fuente Fuente Opus X Super Belicoso
1 Tatuaje Black Label
1 Ashton ESG 21
1 San Cristobal Maestro
1 Padron 40th Anniv.
Tim

SenorPablo

QuoteDuker511 - 1/30/2009  3:24 PM

Its the Royal Flush Sampler, I almost bought it when it was on sale for $60 a few weeks ago. Its still worth the price at $75 though.
1 Fuente Fuente Opus X Super Belicoso
1 Tatuaje Black Label
1 Ashton ESG 21
1 San Cristobal Maestro
1 Padron 40th Anniv.

Good thing I didn't see that one.  I would have bought.  I like the tats but i'm not a huge fan.  However, the black is awesome.
Hmmmm....This sampler isn't still available is it?  :-(

Duker511

Yes it is but its $75 now!!! :-)

http://www.holts.com/category.html?id=201539

Scroll down to the Royal Flush sampler. They also have tons of other great samplers at good prices, Ive bought a bunch of them. I just ordered the AB Tempest sampler, 1 each of 5 cigars for $37.95, from what I hear from you guys its a heck of a smoke, I cant wait to review them!!!!
Tim

SenorPablo

QuoteDuker511 - 1/30/2009  6:44 PM

Yes it is but its $75 now!!! :-)

http://www.holts.com/category.html?id=201539

Scroll down to the Royal Flush sampler. They also have tons of other great samplers at good prices, Ive bought a bunch of them. I just ordered the AB Tempest sampler, 1 each of 5 cigars for $37.95, from what I hear from you guys its a heck of a smoke, I cant wait to review them!!!!

Damn you for the link...err...i mean thanks!  At 75 its kind of reach.  The thing is the first 3 are absolutely fantastic and 3 of my favorites.

Yes, the AB Tempest caught me off guard because i really haven't had many ABs i like and I expected not to like that one either.  But it was actually very good.

podman28

The AB Tempus is a really nice smoke. I enjoy them very much.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.