iPhone Update v3.4 is Available

Started by SenorPablo, 02/25/2013 06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Wow...after a brutal review process and back and forth negotiations with Apple they have finally allowed the release of version 3.4 of the iPhone app.  This has a significant rewrite of the Humidor Sync process.  This should hopefully resolve the issue reported to date.  It also now allows for sync'ing to more than 1 device - like Web to iPhone and Web to iPad.

There's some other minor enhancements as well - like showing a tally of total cigars in your collection and totals for each humidor as we have on the site.

Anyone who reported Sync issues should update to this version and hopefully your issues will go away.

For those wondering, the Android update with the same fixes and enhancements is about a week away.

Cheers!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

cibolodave

cant wait for the android update.

bmac7754

Just updated it and works fine.  I do like the totals being displayed.  Thanks Paul
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

Ken Kelley

Heh! Does this mean I have to get new cans and strings here in the holler? :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Otter

Updated and did a multiple device sync to test. It's working great so far... Thanks Paul!
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Longhorn

SenorPablo

Bump for the evening crowd in case there are others looking for the update.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ThinBlueLine

Thanks Paul the update works great keep up the solid work sir!
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Mettsson

I'm having huge problems when updating the database (and syncing/overwriting) my humidors... the app crashes after about 4000 entries (in the database of course)... and the humidor-syncinc also crashes the app. Is this a know issue?

SenorPablo

QuoteMettsson - 3/22/2013  7:02 AM

I'm having huge problems when updating the database (and syncing/overwriting) my humidors... the app crashes after about 4000 entries (in the database of course)... and the humidor-syncinc also crashes the app. Is this a know issue?

I have not heard anyone report it.  What version of the iPhone and iOS do you have?

-Paul

blondie

QuoteSenorPablo - 3/22/2013  8:14 AM

QuoteMettsson - 3/22/2013  7:02 AM

I have not heard anyone report it.  What version of the iPhone and iOS do you have?

-Paul

Mine does this as well, when doing a full update of the Cigar Database, not when syncing humidors.  I just keep restarting it, and it seems to pick up where it left off.  Eventually, you will get a "finished", you just have to do it a few times.

SenorPablo

I'll send you a PM for more details.

-Paul

Cfickter

Fantastic, now if it could just peak into my actual humidor and keep things on track.  Great tool, great job!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.