Famous Cigar Monster

Started by Ken Kelley, 03/15/2013 09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Kelley

Well them sumbitches did it to me again. I saw a 5-pack of Illusione HL naturals this morning when I first checked the site...no free shipping. To get free shipping and enjoy just any kind of deal at all you had to buy ANOTHER 5-pack with the FREE ECONOMY SHIPPING.  The FREE ECONOMY SHIPPING adds another couple of days for the cigars to get to you. So I stewed about it for awhile and went back to the site after I got home from a trip to the big settlement down in Mt. Sterling...and by the way my mobile cigar lounge is developing a problem in a differential bearing so that set me off too...and found that the Illusiones are sold out. So I'm a bit ticked at the moment...both with my truck and Famous as well.

I just do not like their free economy shipping and I absolutely hate their new practice of listing cigars I'd like to have without the free economy shipping thus forcing encouraging you to buy another item just to get the free economy (?) shipping! Sombeaches !  :mad:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

BlackIrish

Sounds like smart retailing to me . . .

(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

toby2

that sucks. I did a rear gear job on my CJ7 one time. that cured me of that. it's big money and it has to be perfect. I ended up having to have it done again and I learned I don't know enough about it to fool with it. hope it turns out to be a little thing. 

Ken Kelley

QuoteBlackIrish - 3/15/2013  10:21 AM

And here's yer spoon!  :biggrin:

DonM

Ken, sorry to hear of the truck and the cigars.  Sounds like you need a cigar !

"The Curmudgeon"

Jackal

If they have a good deal on things people want, free shipping probably wont come with it.  However, if you want a fiver of Flor de Piece of Carp, then shipping will probably be free.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

lubrix

That bites!....My car has been in the shop for a week and a half...They sent the timing chains and never sent the rest of the assembly...He is saying it will be done today so we'll see!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Ken Kelley

QuoteJackal - 3/15/2013  11:07 AM

If they have a good deal on things people want, free shipping probably wont come with it.  However, if you want a fiver of Flor de Piece of Carp, then shipping will probably be free.

I'm sure the bean counters have gamed this strategy out and come up with a few more pennies of profit over the long run. However, I don't like it...as it is my right to do...and I just won't order from them again if this is what they want to do. I can find other venues.

Bob Cordell

Hes on a roll!!!!!!!!!!!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

nwb

That sucks.  Light up a Tatuaje Cojonu 2012 Broadleaf and enjoy!

I can't remember the last time I even looked at CigarMonster.
Chief of Shaft

Ken Kelley

Quotenwb - 3/15/2013  12:02 PM

That sucks.  Light up a Tatuaje Cojonu 2012 Broadleaf and enjoy!

I can't remember the last time I even looked at CigarMonster.

Or maybe a 2003, 2006, 2009, or 2012 Habano, or 2012 Sumatra....so many choices!  :biggrin:

However, my pickup seems to be a bit screwed right now. Talked to the mechanic bubbas down to the local garage and they said the flakes of metal from the bearing might be spread all through the differential and it might wind up costing me a whole new rear end for the beast. I'm not a big car guy so I don't know what to believe. I needs my truck but if it's going to cost a bundle I think I'm better off trading this Chebbie in for a Ford or something.

I called Dutch's Chevrolet down in Mt. Sterling and will take it in Tuesday morning to let the dealership guys take a look at it. Depending on what they say I might just let them have it and walk next door to Dutch's Ford lot and see what kind of 4-wheel drive F-150 they can fix me up with. I think I've about had all I can take of GM products. Fortunately, Dutch Israel owns both dealerships so I shouldn't have too much of a problem with a trade-in. If they can't work a deal I'll just walk acrost the road to Mann's and see if he can't do a deal for a Dodge Ram.

Michaelbevans61

QuoteAlphairon - 3/15/2013  8:33 AM

QuoteBlackIrish - 3/15/2013  10:21 AM

And here's yer spoon!  :biggrin:

Hahaha I lol'd!  :dancing:  :biggrin:  :lmao:
Rock and roll is no genre, rock and roll? .......my friends rock and roll is a way of life!
Brent Smith, Shinedown

nwb

Sorry to hear about the car troubles.  Growing up, I was never really into cars and never gave much thought to having a certain brand.  However, after owning 4 Fords, I probably won't ever buy anything else.
Chief of Shaft

tvolball

Nothings ever really free..is it?
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Vroomp

Quotenwb - 3/15/2013  2:14 PM  Sorry to hear about the car troubles.  Growing up, I was never really into cars and never gave much thought to having a certain brand.  However, after owning 4 Fords, I probably won't ever buy anything else.

I too, have never bought a truck that wasn't a Ford. But I have destroyed four of them in twenty-five years time. The last F150 I traded in for $350! LOL The entire front end was wracked and would go into fits if I hit a bump at low speed. Perhaps I overloaded it one time too many?

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with your truck again Ken..... :-(

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

87North

My wife is always complaining about my Ford and how it's not as comfortable as the silverados she grew up with, but then again, I've been driving this one since '96 with virtually no problems, and she's never actually worked a truck hard either...  :confused:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.