Carlito's Stogie Nubber?

Started by 1sgjeffward, 04/21/2013 10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1sgjeffward

Anyone ever heard of a Carlito's Stogie Nubber? A friend just came back from vacation and went through the Tampa area where he picked one of these up and it looks pretty cool! Was just wondering if anyone has ever tried one before?
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

DonM

I have some time ago, it was like a roach clip for cigars

"The Curmudgeon"

Brlesq

I don't like the design of that one.  Too fat to hold comfortably.

I always have my Havana Saver with me when I smoke, and always use it when I nub a cigar.  No more burned fingertips!  Great tool because it doubles as a 'poker' to unplug a tight stogie as well. I have the Iron Cross, and Kyle has one too.

Here is their website.  Don't know if they sell directly, so you might have to find at a B&M.  http://havanasaver.com/content/products
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

DonM

QuoteBrlesq - 4/22/2013  8:24 AM

I always have my Havana Saver with me when I smoke, and always use it when I nub a cigar.  No more burned fingertips!  Great tool because it doubles as a 'poker' to unplug a tight stogie as well. I have the Iron Cross, and Kyle has one too.

Here is their website.  Don't know if they sell directly, so you might have to find at a B&M.  http://havanasaver.com/content/products

I like the looks of that one and the fact you have a poker available.  They even have some military versions, I like the US Army one, pretty cool!

"The Curmudgeon"

toby2

haven't heard of it either. I keep a long piece of  number 12  bare copper wire hanging off the Stinky as the tool. it pokes its nubs it stirs bowls and mixed drinks and prys up those stubborn beer tabs on the Foster's oil cans. 

Ken Kelley

Dayum, Bruce! I guess you Noo Yawkers need to have some kind of self defense now that your "elite betters" have decided they can violate your 2nd Amendment rights at will. That little stabber looks like it might hurt if you got up close and personal.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

ntanner

Havn't ever used one, seem's like a cool item though.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Ken Kelley

Quotetoby2 - 4/22/2013  9:56 AM

haven't heard of it either. I keep a long piece of  number 12  bare copper wire hanging off the Stinky as the tool. it pokes its nubs it stirs bowls and mixed drinks and prys up those stubborn beer tabs on the Foster's oil cans. 

I'm with you on that. I keep a 6" piece of mild steel welding rod handy for those kinds of chores. Elegant simplicity rules the day!
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

1sgjeffward

It is a little bulky just from the quick look I got at it but made from aluminum so fairly light. What caught my attention was not only did it work as a good nubber but he was able to sit it down on the table and it held the nub just perfect.
Jeff

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

DonM

QuoteKen Kelley - 4/22/2013  10:03 AM

Dayum, Bruce! I guess you Noo Yawkers need to have some kind of self defense now that your "elite betters" have decided they can violate your 2nd Amendment rights at will. That little stabber looks like it might hurt if you got up close and personal.

:lmao:  :lmao:

"The Curmudgeon"

Hot Stuff x

Quote1sgjeffward - 4/23/2013  5:42 AM  It is a little bulky just from the quick look I got at it but made from aluminum so fairly light. What caught my attention was not only did it work as a good nubber but he was able to sit it down on the table and it held the nub just perfect.

I have a Carlito's Stogie Nubber.  PROS:  As Jeff stated above, you can set it on a table and it will hold your stogie.  CONS:  it doesn't hold the cigar securely enough, and the cigar will "spin" on the nubber unless you check it with your finger or something.  I found it to be an amusing novelty but not useful enough to use regularly.  Very rarely I'll break it out if I simply must get the most out of a cigar, but those occasions are rare indeed.

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

1sgjeffward

QuoteHot Stuff x - 4/22/2013  6:20 PM

Quote1sgjeffward - 4/23/2013  5:42 AM  It is a little bulky just from the quick look I got at it but made from aluminum so fairly light. What caught my attention was not only did it work as a good nubber but he was able to sit it down on the table and it held the nub just perfect.

I have a Carlito's Stogie Nubber.  PROS:  As Jeff stated above, you can set it on a table and it will hold your stogie.  CONS:  it doesn't hold the cigar securely enough, and the cigar will "spin" on the nubber unless you check it with your finger or something.  I found it to be an amusing novelty but not useful enough to use regularly.  Very rarely I'll break it out if I simply must get the most out of a cigar, but those occasions are rare indeed.

That makes sense and that's what I was looking for. Hard to ask my buddy how it works since he just got it last week ya know. Think I will probably have to pass unless he comes up with some great and wonderful reasons to pull the trigger on one. Thanks Les.
Jeff

? André Gide

whodeeni

QuoteBrlesq - 4/22/2013  8:24 AM  I don't like the design of that one.  Too fat to hold comfortably.  I always have my Havana Saver with me when I smoke, and always use it when I nub a cigar.  No more burned fingertips!  Great tool because it doubles as a 'poker' to unplug a tight stogie as well. I have the Iron Cross, and Kyle has one too.  Here is their website.  Don't know if they sell directly, so you might have to find at a B&M.  http://havanasaver.com/content/products

Bruce,

That is bad-ass!

If smoking cigars is on the Darkside, I don't ever
want to see the light!!!

jimmyG

jrrose

Quote1sgjeffward - 4/21/2013  10:38 PM

Anyone ever heard of a Carlito's Stogie Nubber? A friend just came back from vacation and went through the Tampa area where he picked one of these up and it looks pretty cool!

I am a member and i wonder why i can't see the image, actually i am new member here i guess some restrictions applies.   :-)

jdwaynes1980

Pretty neat idea. I know some folks that are regulars at my local B&M that smoke the nubs if their cigars in a pipe so not to waste it; they may be interested in something like this.

But to be honest, for $20 + shipping, I'd rather just use a drill bit, or a nail.
Roll Tide!

xblue

I just use an old school pair of hemostats!
Keith

As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder - John Glenn

Pinterest:
http://pinterest.com/xblue95/cigars/

DropBox Photos:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hrr81yy4q66v84p/qBOvca6ox7

Greenfairypipe

I have a havana saver that works great.  I have the stripper on the pole one, cause I'm a perv
Wolfeman

"After the first glass of absinthe you see things as you wish they were. After the second you see them as they are not. Finally you see things as they really are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world."
- Oscar Wilde

jdwaynes1980

Quotexblue - 4/29/2013  12:44 AM

I just use an old school pair of hemostats!

I have a pair of these somewhere left over from my younger days, lol.

Roll Tide!

Cigary

I bought it when they first came out and liked it until it started pinwheeling on me.  A friend of mine made me one of his and that's the one I use most of all....    As you can see they come in colors...they are indestructible and I've had so many compliments on mine.  I have two other numbers and draw tools..they have wooden handles but what I like about these is the shafts with the crochet hook for taking offending pieces of tobacco out of the plugged cigars....they work perfectly and I have two sizes...short cigars and long ones.  They also double as a nubber and if you push the rod thru the end of your cigar it won't pinwheel.

Deener27

I hate to dredge up a very old thread, but I was wondering if anyone had a source for these?

Would love to pick one or two of them up but can't seem to find them anywhere.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

bstessl

I use a Havana saver, Rob might be able to help you out.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

sar127

Quotebstessl - 6/27/2017  4:16 PM  I use a Havana saver, Rob might be able to help you out.

Sure I can help you guys out, I probably can get my hands on 8-9 of em. Only thing is that you won't get to choose your design, they're all military branch logos and I don't know how many of each they have. 

They cost me $10 each plus shipping to you. PM me if interested.

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

McBryde

Go to your local grocery store and buy a metal skewer for kabobs, I just saved you $$$$.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.