Cigar Geeks Band Winner

Started by SenorPablo, 07/02/2013 09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Hi folks.  Well it seems after all the rounds of voting we have a pretty clear winning design.  This one was a concept that junglepete had and nebnorse did the graphics work on.  Very nice indeed!  So it seems we have 2 co-winners.  So it makes sense to me to give a 5er to each when they come out.  Thanks for both guys in creating the design.

I need to find out now exactly how we get it produced and what kind of format the graphics need to be in.  I expect nebnorse will have to make a few tweaks to get it in a format we need and maybe he wants to do a touched up version for the printer.  So let me work on that.

Thanks to everyone who put forth a design!
-Paul

Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

PETE314

Congrats Pete and Nebnorse!!!
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

lubrix

Congrats guys,looks awesome!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

CrazyK

Nice guys! That is a great choice! When are they coming out?
CrazyK
--------------------------
Simia demulcta mitis

Longhorn

Awesome - congrats, guys!  Very nice looking art!

jumberlack1

Looks great, can't wait to see them in person!
Making bad decisions a profession!

Mojo66

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

sjn1117

sweet! cant wait to see them wrapped around tobacco leaf
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

NebNorse

My part was very very small.  I just did some fancy computer work to make it clearer.  Pete did all the hard work and all the credit should go to him.  Congrats Pete!
"I'll come back as soon as I can with as much as I can. In the meantime, you've got to hold!" - As spoken to General Wainright by General MacArthur in March of 1942

My Cigar smells better than YOUR FEEDLOT!

pferg

congrats guys. the design is great.

mpurtle01

Pride is all that comes to mind. Proud to be a cigargeek and in such awesome company!

jdwaynes1980

Awesome guys, can't wait to smoke em!
Roll Tide!

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Ken Kelley

I still like No. 2 better, but I'll go with the flow.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

metalhead y cigarguy

Very cool! Congrats to Junglepete and Nebnorse. I've liked that design from the very beginning. Can't wait to get some of these cigars.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

toby2

nirab

great work by two, fine geeks!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Ntxsage

Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

junglepete

Cool  :biggrin: ...thanks for helping me get that posted clearer Erik. My images are crystal clear even if the Publisher software was older, it just just loses a lot of definition when changing the file to something else. I wonder if the printer guy has Publisher.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

PETE314

Quotejunglepete - 7/2/2013  7:23 PM  Cool  :biggrin: ...thanks for helping me get that posted clearer Erik. My images are crystal clear even if the Publisher software was older, it just just loses a lot of definition when changing the file to something else. I wonder if the printer guy has Publisher.

Pete, I can help with that.  I have Publisher as well as several drawing programs that are used by printers or can save files in formats they need. Not to mention a world of fonts and such if you want to tweak.  Plus it is going to have to be sized and such....so I would be happy to help if wanted.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

junglepete

QuotePETE314 - 7/2/2013  8:02 PM

Quotejunglepete - 7/2/2013  7:23 PM  Cool  :biggrin: ...thanks for helping me get that posted clearer Erik. My images are crystal clear even if the Publisher software was older, it just just loses a lot of definition when changing the file to something else. I wonder if the printer guy has Publisher.

Pete, I can help with that.  I have Publisher as well as several drawing programs that are used by printers or can save files in formats they need. Not to mention a world of fonts and such if you want to tweak.  Plus it is going to have to be sized and such....so I would be happy to help if wanted.

sounds good...PM your email and I will send it to you just in case. Thanks.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

chief791

That one classy looking band.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

SenorPablo

QuotePETE314 - 7/2/2013  8:02 PM

Thanks for the help Pete!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

1sgjeffward

Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.