Online Humidor - Previous Smokes

Started by Longhorn, 07/02/2013 01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longhorn

Is it possible to export your previous smokes inventory to Excel like the other humidors?  :-)

Mojo66

Tried that one to no avail. Do not think it is possible but would love it if it was
"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

nwb

QuoteLonghorn - 7/2/2013  4:31 PM

Is it possible to export your previous smokes inventory to Excel like the other humidors?  :-)

That would be really nice.
Chief of Shaft

Vroomp

No reason why you can't copy and paste all that mess......... there's actually not too much to clean up even........

With 890 cigars in my previous smoked already, I seriously doubt I will be doing so.........

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

1sgjeffward

QuoteVroomp - 7/3/2013  12:32 PM

No reason why you can't copy and paste all that mess......... there's actually not too much to clean up even........

With 890 cigars in my previous smoked already, I seriously doubt I will be doing so.........

Yes you can simply copy and paste it. Make sure you are only selecting the data, copy then select the upper left cell and paste and it will automatically put it into a table for you.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Michaelbevans61

Your computer has a virus, it's called windows! 
Rock and roll is no genre, rock and roll? .......my friends rock and roll is a way of life!
Brent Smith, Shinedown

nwb

QuoteVroomp - 7/3/2013  2:32 PM
No reason why you can't copy and paste all that mess......... there's actually not too much to clean up even

That's what I do now, but with 16 pages of previous smokes, it is a chore....
Chief of Shaft

Longhorn

OK - the copy/paste works, but how hard would it be to append the download file to include the previous smokes?

:bump:

Ted

QuoteLonghorn - 7/8/2013  6:49 PM  OK - the copy/paste works, but how hard would it be to append the download file to include the previous smokes?  :bump:

Shouldn't be too difficult, although I'd rather see them as separate download functions rather than combining them to a single spreadsheet.

You could also set up a spreadsheet to automatically import the data.

Just click Data > Import From Web...

Enter the following address:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default.asp?action=&page=1&set=prev

A new window will open up...

Click the yellow arrow next to the table (it will turn green), and click import.  Select the starting cell to import too (default for the first page should be A1).

If you want you can have the spreadsheet reload all data from the web site every time you open it...

...but I actually prefer to load external data manually by clicking Data > Refresh All

To load subsequent pages, go to the next empty row below what you just imported, and repeat the process with the following link...

http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default.asp?action=&page=2&set=prev

(Notice the bolded.)

Not as simple as being able to export all at once from the site, but once you get it set up, it is simple to refresh the data.

1sgjeffward

QuoteTed - 7/8/2013  7:20 PM

once you get it set up, it is simple to refresh the data.

YA all that stuff he just said  :smoker:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Ted

:-)

I'm guessing the admin could more easily copy the export function from the current inventory to the previous.  That or allow the user to set "pageSize=" in the request for a single Excel query.

Longhorn

SenorPablo

Hey guys.  This wouldn't be too much work (i'm pretty sure at first glance.)  I'm heading out of town for the next 5 days, but i'll try to take a look at it when I get back.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

nwb

QuoteSenorPablo - 7/8/2013  11:07 PM

Hey guys.  This wouldn't be too much work (i'm pretty sure at first glance.)  I'm heading out of town for the next 5 days, but i'll try to take a look at it when I get back.

-Paul

Thanks Paul.

Oh, and thanks Ted for the tips on getting the tables.
Chief of Shaft

Ted

QuoteSenorPablo - 7/8/2013  9:07 PM  Hey guys.  This wouldn't be too much work (i'm pretty sure at first glance.)  I'm heading out of town for the next 5 days, but i'll try to take a look at it when I get back.  -Paul

Very cool, thanks!

Ted

Awesome!
Export feature is up and running!  Thanks!

Is there anyway we can get the notes to export as well?

Also, sort of on topic, but is there any way to allow users to customize the colums shown in the humidors?  I still have so many I have never tried, that when I go looking it would be nice to sort my inventory by strength, avg rating, wrapper, etc.

Mojo66

I must be missing something, for me the export feature remains the same s it was.

I deleted cookies and temp files, logged off and on again but all I get in the exported file is the content of my humidors, not the previous smokes.

What am I doing wrong?

Ted

Switch to your Previous Smokes, and there is now an export button at the bottom.  I don't know if it was available for the Wish List previously, but it is there as well.  An option to export all humi (each one into a separate tab) would be nice, but I'm happy with this solution having only two humis I care about.

Mojo66

The button's there but it exports the same data, content of my actual humidors.

Same goes with the button for the whish list.  So the three buttons bring the same results back.

I'm still missing something  :shamebag:  

Can't believe I've been a computer tech for almost 20 years, let's keep this amongst ourselves :biggrin:

nwb

QuoteMojo66 - 7/18/2013  12:03 PM
The button's there but it exports the same data, content of my actual humidors.

Same here.
Chief of Shaft

Longhorn

The "Export" buttons have always been on the Previous Smokes and Wish List humidor pages - they all behave the same way and do not export previous/wish list data.

Mojo66

Good, so I'm not crazy... well I might be crazy, but at least I'm not the only one  :blech:

Ted

Hahaha!

Sorry!

:whistle:

I don't remember the button there previously.  Didn't actually compare the data.

:shamebag:

booyeah

Is there an easy way to import into the virtual online humidor? I've got a spreadsheet with all of the data already, so I'd love a quick way to ingest that in.

It would also be cool to see a "where purchased" category

Thanks for having something that works with both the app and web - that's exactly what I was looking for!

nwb

Currently, there is no feature to upload data into the virtual humidor.  However, once you get all the initial data input into it, it is fairly easy to maintain in my opinion.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.