Cigar Reviews Section

Started by SenorPablo, 08/02/2007 09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Since we have so many reviews now in the databse from members, I thought it made sense to provide an easier to get to them all.  So now there is a new section for Cigar Reviews.  Let me know what you think, if you find any issues, or have ideas for improvements.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

theoldcc

Nicely done!  I was just thinking we needed an easier way to see everyone's reviews without going through the entire 8700+ entries in the cigar database.

I can't believe we have over 100 reviews already in just a few months!

*P
"The most interesting information comes from children, for
they tell all they know and then stop." - Mark Twain
My Smokes

monteclaro

Agree.  Nice addition.  Now that we can see them all it's interesting to see how many are out there.
Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

Anthony

Great idea, and I love that you are continually making updates !
_____

mistagordo

Well done.  Keep up the good work.  

Steve

ljlemer

Is there some way you can incorporate half stars into the ratings?
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

mistagordo

I second that.  Sometimes you hate to give a 4 star and a 3 star is too low.  1/2 stars would be a good way to get inbetween.

Steve

SenorPablo

I hear ya.  I like the idea as well.  Let me take a look at what it will take to do it.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

SenorPablo

Quoteljlemer - 8/24/2007  6:49 PM

Is there some way you can incorporate half stars into the ratings?

The review section should now allow you to use half stars.  Let me know if you see any issues.

Cheers!
-Paul

ljlemer

Thanks, Senor Pablo. Will it let me go back and correct my previous reviews? I indicated in them how many stars I would've given them if half stars were possible. Don't worry, I won't try to get another round of points out of them.

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

Quoteljlemer - 8/28/2007  12:39 AM

Thanks, Senor Pablo. Will it let me go back and correct my previous reviews? I indicated in them how many stars I would've given them if half stars were possible. Don't worry, I won't try to get another round of points out of them.

You should be able to go back and update any of your reviews.  I designed it that way so that if your opinion changes over time you can change your rating.  It shouldn't give you additional points for updating ratings.  Let me know if yoiu have issues.

-Paul

monteclaro

Hmmm...what to smoke, what to smoke...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/humidor/default....mber=monteclaro

ljlemer

Paul, the edits worked fine. Thanks.

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.