Original Padilla (Pepin Blend)

Started by drexeltpd, 02/19/2009 08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drexeltpd

Does anyone have some of the original Padilla's blended by Don Pepin Garcia?  I've noticed that the new ones don't taste nearly as good and I'd like to get my hands on some of the original ones.  I like of the 1968, 1948 and Miami's.  Let me know if you have any and if you'd be willing to trade any.

stogie_foggie

Are you referring to the Miami 8/11?  You know, the old Pepin blend?  I might be able to get some of those.  Not sure about the rest.  Are you interested?
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

podman28

I had the new Padilla Miami Lancero and actually thought it was a very good smoke. But the Pepin Padillas were the Miami 8/11. Stogie is correct and I know of several shops around here that still have some albeit they are a bit pricy.

stogie_foggie

Quotepodman28 - 2/19/2009  9:10 AM

I had the new Padilla Miami Lancero and actually thought it was a very good smoke. But the Pepin Padillas were the Miami 8/11. Stogie is correct and I know of several shops around here that still have some albeit they are a bit pricy.

That's what I've found.  Something in the neighborhood of $8-9.  I have had the new Miami blend, which can be had on cbid for a good price and it pretty good.  Same with the 1932, which is good,  but it's not "all that" like they claim.  

Still, I might even have 1 old Miami 8/11 in the humidor and if I do, I would happy to do a trade.

drexeltpd

I have a couple of the Miami 8/11 Coronas and would like to possibly get a couple other sizes.  The 1968 and 1948 were also done by pepin but they have different bands now.  I think the original only had 1 band on it.

stogie_foggie

OK.  I think I have either the Toro or Churchill size.  I'll look and if I have some, I'll PM you.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.