TNT and Atlantic going for some trouble?

Started by podman28, 03/02/2009 09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

podman28

Found this interesting article online as I know many of us purchase cigars from these places.

The Arizona Republic reported Thursday that Dmitri Rozenman, 38, was arrested "on suspicion of four counts of conspiracy to commit murder after an undercover investigation revealed that he had contracted to have his wife an her family murdered, Phoenix police Segt. Tommy Thompson said."

Rozenman operates a well-known national online retail site, TNTcigars.com and six Cigar Warehouse retail shops in Mesa, Phoenix (2), Scottsdale and Tucson, Arizona and San Antonio, Texas, in addition to a cigar wholesaler called Atlantic Cigar Company L.L.C.

Thompson said that Rozenman "was displeased with the arrangements that were made (in a divorce settlement). That's why he contracted to have his wife and her family killed."

Court documents cited by the newspaper showed that the divorce settlement required Rozenman to pay his ex-wife $475,000 for her "interests in their properties." The divorce was finalized in January and included a joint-custody arrangement for the couple's three-year-old twins.

Phoenix police did not provide other details as they said the investigation was still ongoing.
~ Rich Perelman

:-0  :confused:

BlackIrish

Quotepodman28 - 3/2/2009  10:15 AM

Found this interesting article online as I know many of us purchase cigars from these places.

The Arizona Republic reported Thursday that Dmitri Rozenman, 38, was arrested "on suspicion of four counts of conspiracy to commit murder after an undercover investigation revealed that he had contracted to have his wife an her family murdered, Phoenix police Segt. Tommy Thompson said."

Rozenman operates a well-known national online retail site, TNTcigars.com and six Cigar Warehouse retail shops in Mesa, Phoenix (2), Scottsdale and Tucson, Arizona and San Antonio, Texas, in addition to a cigar wholesaler called Atlantic Cigar Company L.L.C.

Thompson said that Rozenman "was displeased with the arrangements that were made (in a divorce settlement). That's why he contracted to have his wife and her family killed."

Court documents cited by the newspaper showed that the divorce settlement required Rozenman to pay his ex-wife $475,000 for her "interests in their properties." The divorce was finalized in January and included a joint-custody arrangement for the couple's three-year-old twins.

Phoenix police did not provide other details as they said the investigation was still ongoing.
~ Rich Perelman

:-0  :confused:

:-0
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Bob Cordell

s**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hated my ex too but didnt want to whack the bitch!

Just my luck! I would buy a bundle or two. I was planning on it already but I wonder if its still legit?

:mad:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

junglepete

I am not surprised at the least. That @#$%hole is a real jerk. I dealt with him a few times regarding his arrogant better prices policy on the TNT site and actually got him to change it because he would not honor it. He will do anything for a buck that @#$%.

I have ranted about him here in past threads regarding his poor business practice, but nonetheless his box prices are among the best, unless you happen to find a better price, then he refuses to honor his own policy.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Bob Cordell

Really? I had no idea he was so pissy. I have had good luck so far and the prices are almost unbeatable.

Hmmmmmmm, I would like another bundle or two though...

Sticks

Wow, that was pretty extreme. I can't stand my first exwife but I figured my really enjoying life, that would be payback enough. Visited the site a few times but I think I CI-Bid has a lock on my billfold.

Ken Kelley

Wow!  I had planned to buy a bundle of the Padron anniversary alternatives.  Wonder if it's a good idea to order from TNT right now???  :-0
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Bob Cordell

You know what? I just sent this guy an email last week asking if he would be interested in some sort of sponsorship. I didnt know his name but the conformation said it went to the owner, I'm assuming that it was him.

SenorPablo

Wow.  This guy had so much to lose.  What a waste.  It will be interesting to see what happens to his properties.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

stogie_foggie

If there is a good thing to this story, the "hitman" was allegedly an undercover policeman so... it never happened.  I've read some other things about him - what a prick.  

There was a forum where people were angry that he was comparing his alternative cigar to a real Padron and then came on and roasted everyone for saying anything against him.  Great PR for your company - anyone who read that just quit buying for TNTCIGARS and anything associated with him.

Here is a great article about it:                                    http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2009/02/19/20090219abrk-murderconspiracy0219.html
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.