The Cigar Shop in Oklahoma City

Started by Samhain2000, 03/31/2009 07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samhain2000

Back in October when I took up cigars, I use to go to a Cigar shop in Oklahoma City called The Cigar Store. They had a local made Candela cigar there which they named the Green Lizard. It was my first introduction to the Candela, it was mild and soothe, I liked the flavor and it was fun because it was a Churchill size so it lasted long. Well it turns out that the day after the shop bought a few bundles from him, the maker closed down, so no more Green Lizards. I bought the last 5 the store had and I guess I will smoke 1 each year for the next 5 years. Is any one on the board from Oklahoma City and knows what shop I am talking about? If so so, maybe you have a few of these Green Lizards that you do not want? Maybe I could buy them off of you?

After I found out that they were no longer in production, I bought a box of the Don Tomas Candels's but they were a little heavy for me compared to the GL's I had recently tried. Any recommendations on a good Candela?
A cigar is like a gun, you never know when you'll need one.

Sharpeiman

Hey Samhain2000,

You're my kind of cigar guy. I, too, love a great candela. I guess we are in the minority, but I couldn't care less. Regarding the candelas, here's a few that I recommend.

Puros Indios---Thompson Cigar Company
Fuente 8-5-8---Thompson
Iguana---Thompson

Hoyo De Monterrey---J.R. Cigars

Hope this helps to give you many more years of enjoyable candela smoking.

I never even knew that Fuente mad a candela cigar, until last week, go figure. They were out of stock at several places, but Cigars International, and Thompson Cigars had plenty available.

Regarding the Hoyo De Monterrey, Red Auerbach, the great coach for the Boston Celtics basketball team, used to light one of them up after a major Celtic victory. Please let me know if you ever find a place that sells either a single stick, or a five pack, as I've looked high and low without any luck. Better yet, if you buy a box, and would like to sell me a few, please let me know. I've got a box of the Puros Indios candelas, and I'd be willing to trade out some for the Hoyos. The Hoyos come in a Govenor size.

Well, I hope you see this and it helps you find more candelas to choose from. Keep me posted, if you should come across any others.

Regards,

Sharpeiman :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.