Cigars for Troops - 2013 Completed (Now with Feedback)

Started by nwb, 08/08/2013 07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

5th Annual Cigars for Troops Drive

It's that time of year again! Even though the holiday season is a few months away, starting early will give everyone who wants to participate time to send a care package. Here are the previous years' posts:

2010 - http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=5894.0
2011 - http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=9907.0
2012 - http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=15038.0

The basic rules:
*This is open to anyone, whether you are a vet or newbie.  The more the merrier!

*The cutoff will be October 31st for getting packages/donations in the mail to me – my address is in my profile. This will allow me enough time to get them shipped and the soldiers receive them before the holidays.

*Send as many cigars as you would like. Even a fiver will make a difference. Cutters and/or matches would also be appreciated. Please, no lighters – I'm trying to avoid any problems with USPS.

*Cigars with cellophane travel better.  However, if you have cigars without cellophane, feel free to send them.  Any donations of 5/6 finger bags is also appreciated.

*Packages can be drop shipped to me from vendors.  Members have done this in years past with success.

*Please PM me if you send a package. I'd like to avoid boxes sitting on my doorstep in case I'm traveling.

*We are currently working out the details on shipping.  However, if you would like to donate to cover any shipping costs, please PM me.

*I will keep a running list of those that have expressed interest along with if I received the package. If you commit to donating early on and decide it can't be done, no harm, no foul.

*If you would like to nominate a group of deployed troops to receive one of the care packages, please send me a PM.

Last year, I created a virtual humidor with all the cigars. Depending on the response, I might do that again this year.

As always, feel free to post any questions!
Chief of Shaft

sjn1117

why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

bmac7754

Count me in brother. I will also donate some finger bags, not sure how many I have maybe 30 or so. Hope that helps.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

lubrix

I will let you know when I send the box!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

StogieDad

I'm in, what a great cause!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Joelala

Count me in too, I will get some out soon
Joe

Kman

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

BlackIrish

I'll send some.  Thanks for handling again this year, Nathan!
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

pyro92

Bacon & Fireworks Certified

cavenbk

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Brlesq

Of course I'm in !!

Thanks for organizing this again each year, Nate!  :thumbsup:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

jumberlack1

Making bad decisions a profession!

MT21

Thanks for keeping this train rolling Nate.

Count me in again.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

ThinBlueLine

I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

nwb

Wow!  Great response thus far!  It looks like between bmac and joelala, we will have the finger bags covered.  Thanks to both of them for helping out!

BlackIrish
Brlesq
bmac7754
cavenbk
Joelala
jumberlack1
KmanNoob
Lubrix
MT21
pyro92
sjn1117
StogieDad
ThinBlueLine
Chief of Shaft

tvolball

I'm in. Let me get togather some sticks and I'll send them in Sept somethime
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

cigarzinn

I'm in.  Thanks for organizing this again!

kxthor911

Quotetvolball - 8/8/2013  12:31 PM  I'm in. Let me get togather some sticks and I'll send them in Sept somethime

X2 here, I'll kinda follow along with this. Helping for a good cause makes you feel humane. :biggrin:

Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Vroomp

You can count on me for some shipping money as well as a few sticks! We can hook up whenever.... by the way do you still have some LFD CO#3's left for me?
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

toby2

Rbrushaber

as a retired combat Vet I am in as I always loved these kinds of care packages!
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

freakydeakydutchman

Would a gift card from..lets say atlantic cigar or somewhere like that, sent to you so you can order what ever yopu need/like.. work as well. FOr us Canadians who would like to help out?
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

zac

I'd like to send in some smokes again this year.

lukin

I'm in, will send some around septemberish
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Ntxsage

I'm in. Hope to ship Saturday.
Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.