Mystery Item Contest Pass

Started by jeffk42, 09/03/2013 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffk42

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Mystery Item Contest Pass'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

Mystery Item Contest Pass

This pass is an idea that I had recently, a little different than a standard one.  I hope it'll be something fun for those who decide to join in. Let me know what you think of the idea in the forum thread -- if it turns out to be brutally unpopular, we can always change it around, or just make it a regular pass. On the other hand, if it's a successful idea then this may be the first of several. :-)  

Here's how it works:  

• I will send the box out to the first person with a selection of cigars and an extra "item".
  • The recipient will do their takes and puts just like a standard pass, and they will take a photo with "the item".
  • The participant will email the photo to me, but will not post it to the website, nor will they mention to anyone else what "the item" is.
  • The participant will then pack up the box and ship it to the next person.

After all of the participants have done this, I'll have a collection of photos, one from each pass participant (except me).  I'll create a new thread in the forum, post the photos, and everyone on the site can then vote for the best/funniest of the bunch.  

The winner will get an extra prize sent their way, probably a fiver or something along those lines.  

==== Notes ====
 Pass:
  • This pass will be open to anyone of Regular status or higher.
  • Standard pass etiquette applies (see here)
  • The starting lineup will be a wide range of cigars, from the lower end of the price spectrum to the higher end.  Hopefully this will allow everyone to feel like they can participate.
  • As with any pass, replace with something of equal or greater value. Do not replace a $20 cigar with two $10 cigars, etc. If you take a limited release or rare item, replace it with another one. ISOM for ISOM, etc.
  • Use box pricing if available to determine value. (Cigars.com, Cigars International, or Famous Smoke Shop)
  • Don't forget to pack "the item" back in the box before you ship it out to the next person!
  • Please don't hold onto the package too long while you decide on how to do your photo.
Photos/Contest:
  • You don't have to be in the photo if you don't want to be, but "the item" must make an appearance.
  • Email your submission for the contest to me at jeffk42@gmail.com
  • You do not need to resize the photo before sending it to me, I will do that once I have them so they're all about the same size for voting.
  • Once the pass is complete, I will create a voting thread, and everyone on CG will be able to vote for their favorite photo.
  • The funniest/best photo will win the prize, so be imaginative!
  • Please take care not to damage, destroy, or deface "the item" or set it on fire.
  • Remember not to mention what "the item" is or show any photos of it until after the pass is complete. That way no one gets a sneak peek that will give them an unfair advantage. Plus, it adds to the mystery. :-)  You can certainly mention it in the forum thread, just don't give out any clues that might help someone to guess what it is!
That's it, let's have some fun with this one! :-)

Vroomp

Thanks for the invite but, time does not allow for me to enter into any passes at this time........
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

gpd4

I'm not sure what I need to do to get a 'regular' status, but I'd love to join if you'll have me for my first pass.

Thanks -
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

StogieDad

Thanks for the invite buddy, accepted and ready to go!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

jeffk42

Quotegpd4 - 9/3/2013  4:46 PM  I'm not sure what I need to do to get a 'regular' status, but I'd love to join if you'll have me for my first pass.  Thanks -

Sent you a PM. :-)

jeffk42

QuoteStogieDad - 9/3/2013  4:48 PM  Thanks for the invite buddy, accepted and ready to go!

Sweet!  :dancing:

cavenbk

Jeff if you'll have me I would like to join. Sounds like a fun pass to "pop my cherry" on.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

1sgjeffward

Could be interesting! Will be happy to play. Do need to make one request though if possible could I be nearer to the end? Have a bunch of stuff going on and don't want to take the chance of it falling through the cracks.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

jeffk42

Quote1sgjeffward - 9/3/2013  9:52 PM  Could be interesting! Will be happy to play. Do need to make one request though if possible could I be nearer to the end? Have a bunch of stuff going on and don't want to take the chance of it falling through the cracks.

Sure thing! Thanks for joining!

Longhorn

Quotejeffk42 - 9/4/2013  5:22 AM

Quote1sgjeffward - 9/3/2013  9:52 PM  Could be interesting! Will be happy to play. Do need to make one request though if possible could I be nearer to the end? Have a bunch of stuff going on and don't want to take the chance of it falling through the cracks.

Put his rotten a$$ right after me, please!   :whistle:

Joelala

Thanks for the invite, I will play
Joe

jeffk42

QuoteLonghorn - 9/4/2013  11:59 AM  
Quotejeffk42 - 9/4/2013  5:22 AM  

Put his rotten a$$ right after me, please!   :whistle:

Sounds nefarious, but okay!  :biggrin:

c.petree.1

I would like in if you will have me.

jeffk42

QuoteJoelala - 9/4/2013  3:49 PM  Thanks for the invite, I will play

Welcome aboard!

Hopefully the contest will be a fun twist on a standard pass.  If everyone seems to enjoy doing it, I'll probably want to do something again in the future.  I'm already thinking of the next "item". :biggrin:

jeffk42

Quotec.petree.1 - 9/4/2013  3:53 PM  I would like in if you will have me.

You're already in as of yesterday, lol :biggrin:

c.petree.1

sweet. I didn't see anything come through, just wanted to verify.

jeffk42

Quotec.petree.1 - 9/4/2013  3:58 PM  sweet. I didn't see anything come through, just wanted to verify.

Gotcha, yeah I don't think the system notifies you on acceptance... you just see your name show up on the Participants list. :-)

gpd4

Thanks for letting me play!  Looking forward to my first pass...
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

Blgove

Hi Jeff,

I saw a list that showed the open "passes". I can't find it now. I'd like to participate if it's still open :biggrin:

Bruce G.
"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee hapiness, only the pursuit of it.  You have to catch up with it yourself"  

Benjamin Franklin

Blgove

QuoteBlgove - 9/4/2013  5:10 PM

Hi Jeff,

I saw a list that showed the open "passes". I can't find it now. I'd like to participate if it's still open :biggrin:

Bruce G.

Found the list, and I guess I've already asked to join this Pass...

Cheers,

Bruce G. :cigarguy:

"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee hapiness, only the pursuit of it.  You have to catch up with it yourself"  

Benjamin Franklin

jeffk42

Okay here's where we are at:

• I have procured internal and external transport vessels.
  • I've updated the initial cigar list  with my final selection. (Hopefully everyone has something they can work with, a few on the low end, a few on the high end, and most somewhere in the middle)
  • "The Item" is ready to go, looking forward to some craziness.

Now we're just waiting to see if anyone else wants to join up, I'll set the order once we have a final group. :-)

cavenbk

Awesome. Thank you for letting me play. Can't wait to get started, sounds like it's going to be a fun one
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

jeffk42

I'm going to give it until Monday for others to decide to join in.  I've set up the pass order based on Jeff wanting a later slot, and trying to keep an experience buffer around the first-time pass members.

Take a look at the order and if you have any problems, and let me know! :-)

StogieDad

Dang Jeff, those are some STOUT starter sticks!  I am really excited about this one, gotta get my geek calculator going here!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

jeffk42

QuoteStogieDad - 9/6/2013  8:51 AM  Dang Jeff, those are some STOUT starter sticks!  I am really excited about this one, gotta get my geek calculator going here!

I'm glad you like the initial spread, especially since you're currently set to go first. :-)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.