Looking for a cigar reviewer

Started by dirtyleafcigars, 09/23/2013 06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtyleafcigars

We simply just do not have the time really to write and post as many reviews as I'd like on our website. We're looking for someone who can simply give us a good 4-5 paragraph review of a cigar. Pretty simply. 1-2 reviews a month would be favorable however 1 would be fine. The job at this time would not be paid, however we would be sending you the occasional cigars to review. You may also of course review cigars of your own of which we don't have reviews for.

If you're interested send me a review you've written via email and we'll discuss it further. Any help would be appreciated. I couldn't think of a better pool of cigar lovers to go to for this. Thanks again guys and take care.

I wanted to add that you will of course be credited with the writing of the review.

My email is: alan@dirtyleafcigars.com

sjn1117

I figured this would be flooded with responses! I'm in!
why isnt phonetic spelled like it sounds?

The Lone star Guru of F.A.R.T.(firearms, alcohol, ramble, tobacco)

jharrisx5

I'm in too...sounds like a lot of fun!
Puff Puff Give....

LawDaddy

Are you interested in the new cigar smoker's perspective as well as the more experienced voice?

ljlemer

My 1426 reviews belong to Cigar Geeks. Otherwise, sure!
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

dirtyleafcigars

Oh absolutely LawDaddy. I would like like to have several reviewers (probably about 3) for just that purpose.

Caveman Steve

My cigar knowledge pales in comparison to some on this site , but I think I can write fair reviews when inspired.  It would be real kicker to see it in print!

I'm in.

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Rebecca Silverwolf

I'm interested. Thanks for the opportunity.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Ted

Quotedirtyleafcigars - 9/23/2013  9:28 PM  Oh absolutely LawDaddy. I would like like to have several reviewers (probably about 3) for just that purpose.

Sounds like fun!  As mentioned by the newest guru (congratz!) though, this seems kind of like poaching content from CG?  Are you OK with the reviews being duplicated here?  If so, I'd love to be considered for one of the newbie slots!

nwb

I'm interested as well.  Email sent.
Chief of Shaft

Brlesq

After reading some of his reviews, I nominate Boggler!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

dirtyleafcigars

Wow guys, the response for this has been awesome, my email box is full. I really appreciate all the interest in this guys, truly. That's why I knew this was the place to come. Give me a day maybe two to go through all of the submissions and I'll get back to you guys.

I've considered the duplicate review situation between sites and it doesn't much bother me, it shouldn't be an issue.

As LawDaddy already kind of stated, I'd like several reviewers. Preferably someone to represent the newer smoker, the jaded ole vet, and the middleman.

So again thank you guys SO MUCH for the fantastic response. I'm going to go through everything today and get back to you all ASAP.

Bogglor

QuoteBrlesq - 9/24/2013  6:20 AM

After reading some of his reviews, I nominate Boggler!

Much obliged for the kind words, sir!   :dancing:

I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring, too.  I do enjoy reviewing cigars.

nwb

Offer up free cigars, and it is like a feeding frenzy. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Rbrushaber

I am in....will email you tonight the last two reviews...kind of like doing it...
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

dirtyleafcigars

Just want to keep everyone posted. I'm still going through everyone's reviews and what not, many of you damn are damn good, much better than I, that's for sure.

We're in the process of completely overhauling the current website so I'm pretty busy at the moment. It's going to FAR better than the current one, much more modern indeed.

But anywho, I'll be letting you guys know who we choose to be the reviewers probably Friday at the latest (I'm hoping) and we'll get the ball rolling on that situation. Sorry for the wait and thank you all for you patience.

Rbrushaber

My internet connection is down right now so I cannot email my reviews..I did just do one on the site for the white blinding light...my provider is promising to send someone out to check the local grain elevator in the morning as I am not the only farm down right now...using my iPhone to at least keep up on the site...love rural living but at times it sucks with internet connection...we use a radio type connection thing with an antenna - I know backwoods :(
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

dirtyleafcigars

QuoteRbrushaber - 9/24/2013  9:28 PM

My internet connection is down right now so I cannot email my reviews..I did just do one on the site for the white blinding light...my provider is promising to send someone out to check the local grain elevator in the morning as I am not the only farm down right now...using my iPhone to at least keep up on the site...love rural living but at times it sucks with internet connection...we use a radio type connection thing with an antenna - I know backwoods :(

Hey brother, you need not worry. I know how it is. I'll read your Cigar Geeks review and when you can, send me what you've got. It's all good.

And bookwoods living is the best kind of living. :-)

Mojo66

QuoteBogglor - 9/24/2013  11:42 AM  
QuoteBrlesq - 9/24/2013  6:20 AM  After reading some of his reviews, I nominate Boggler!

Much obliged for the kind words, sir!   :dancing:   I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring, too.  I do enjoy reviewing cigars.

Kind word well deserved, thanks to Brlesq for pointing them out, had not read any of them, very entertaining reading.

Sorry for the post pollution

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

nirab

I have humbly offered up my reviews for consideration. This is a really cool idea, and I know that whichever geek you choose, you will be getting a good one!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.