Nica Rustica Split? (Done)

Started by nwb, 10/29/2013 08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

For those that are interested, I just ordered a crate (50) of the Nica Rustica by Drew Estate, and I'm interested in a split.  The price would be $5/cigar ($6.95 MSRP) plus actual shipping costs depending on how many you want.  I'm planning on keeping 10, so 40 are up for grabs.

The first people to post here in the thread with the amount they want get first dibs.  I'm going to limit this to US based Geeks - sorry my Canadian brothers.  With my recent schedule, I just wouldn't have enough time to get to the PO for an international shipment.
Chief of Shaft

Ted

I'll take 10 if available!

mike.casey

I've got a box on the way myself...
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

ThinBlueLine

I will take 5 please, thanks!
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

Mojo66

That is a shame, I really would love to add these to my collection.

I'm a sucker for Mexican Wrappers, like the sweetness it adds to my sticks

I'd go for 10 but it seems that in "Canadian" that translates to 0  :cry:

"Life's too short to smoke bad cigars."

Ted

QuoteMojo66 - 10/29/2013  9:19 AM  That is a shame, I really would love to add these to my collection.  I'm a sucker for Mexican Wrappers, like the sweetness it adds to my sticks   I'd go for 10 but it seems that in "Canadian" that translates to 0  :cry:  

Ask Michael to go after me in the newb pass.  I'll throw a couple in there for ya'.

cavenbk

Sébastien if you would like in on the split you could have them shipped to me and I could take care of getting them to you brother. Just an idea.
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

Brlesq

I'll take 10 Nate since they should fit in a small priority box.  Thanks!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Ntxsage

I'll take 5.

Ted,  I'll put you last and mojo as virtual ,so  I'll send him his takes along with  anything you're sending his way.
Did you know Stuart Scott almost made the Scripps National Spelling Bee as a child? Then the judges asked for skiing, but he only had one I. - acr

Mojo66

QuoteNtxsage - 10/29/2013  11:35 AM  I'll take 5.   Ted,  I'll put you last and mojo as virtual ,so  I'll send him his takes along with  anything you're sending his way.

That works for me, thanks Michael... and Ted.

Ted

Cool.

Nice badge mojo!

Mojo66

Quotecavenbk - 10/29/2013  11:25 AM  Sébastien if you would like in on the split you could have them shipped to me and I could take care of getting them to you brother. Just an idea.

Thanks for the offer brother, truly appreciated, but  Ntxsage's idea uses the pass and saves shipping.

nwb

Looks like this is done:

Ted x 10
StogieDad x 10
ThinBlueLine x 5
Brlesq x 10
Ntxsage x 5

Thanks for all the interest.  I'll update this thread once the cigars arrive.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

QuoteMojo66 - 10/29/2013  11:19 AM
That is a shame, I really would love to add these to my collection.

I'm a sucker for Mexican Wrappers, like the sweetness it adds to my sticks

I'd go for 10 but it seems that in "Canadian" that translates to 0  :cry:

Sorry.  If I thought I'd be able to get them out to you in any sort of timely manner, I would have included you.  A big thanks to the folks that are taking care of Mojo66!
Chief of Shaft

Mojo66

Quotenwb - 10/29/2013  12:30 PM  
QuoteMojo66 - 10/29/2013  11:19 AM That is a shame, I really would love to add these to my collection.  I'm a sucker for Mexican Wrappers, like the sweetness it adds to my sticks  I'd go for 10 but it seems that in "Canadian" that translates to 0  :cry:  
Sorry.  If I thought I'd be able to get them out to you in any sort of timely manner, I would have included you.  A big thanks to the folks that are taking care of Mojo66!

Don't you worry Nathan, there's always next time  :-)  

cavenbk

QuoteMojo66 - 10/29/2013  11:53 AM  

Quotecavenbk - 10/29/2013  11:25 AM  Sébastien if you would like in on the split you could have them shipped to me and I could take care of getting them to you brother. Just an idea.

Thanks for the offer brother, truly appreciated, but  Ntxsage's idea uses the pass and saves shipping.

No problem at all. Glad you are going to be able to get your hands on some!

You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

nwb

Quick update:

Apparently, I wasn't fast enough when ordering, as these are now backordered.  It appears it will be a couple of weeks before the vendor gets a new shipment in.  Needless to say, I don't have a firm ETA.

With that being said, if anyone doesn't feel like waiting, please let me know.
Chief of Shaft

StogieDad

I'll hang in there buddy.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Ted

Mojo66

Those are worth the wait

Smurf

hey mojo can i piggy back on your split( shipping to Canada), i would want 10 if this can be worked out for the next split.
orbis non sufficit

toby2

looks like mine should arrive Wednesday DesiSmileys.com

seriously thx for the tip back when they came out.

StogieDad

Hey Nathan, any updates on these shipping to you?  Just checking in, I am still in on 10.  I got three in this week to try until yours are ready :biggrin:
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

nwb

The email I received stating they were backordered said they will receive their next shipment "in a few weeks".

So, do we want to abandon this split and buy from jdwayne1980?  You can see his details here:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=26427.0

Honestly, if the people that agreed to split with me would prefer to go ahead and get them from Jeff, no worries.  I'm game for either.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.